• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    tho i was born and raised in west lunnun bbm i spent many happy summers in Northumberland, in the early fifties my uncle lived in a village near Ashington, he always took me for the Saturday shopping trip to Ashington Market where i bought the week's comics from a market stall ... Tiger, Wizard, Hotspur, and those, to me then, wonderful little picture book stories of daring in WW2 for 8d ....... and ice cream, made in the shop .... oh it was very heaven eh .......
    Ah yes! I'd forgotton about that 8d(old money!!) booklet about WW2 exploits!!

Hmmm wonder what will happen in the league this weekend?? hm........
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      Hmmm wonder what will happen in the league this weekend?? hm........
      I've got my eye on the big game of the weekend Tamworth v Stockport
      Hopefully plenty of forthe away team.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Well, we beat Blackburn 3 1 yesterday!!
        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

and from the highlights played very well too bbm ...i enjoyed seeing Ba score a hat trick ...

Torres looks sharp and dumb but there is hope that he is on a serious path back to his top form .... Lampsy is piqued we are led to believe ... time for further revolutions at the bridge i think; Terry & Chech are past their primes ...
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Wasnt that game superb!! And that hatrick!! Goodness!!
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

yep but beware a good start to a long season!
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

The football season is rather long in this country. Does anyone kn0ow about the other countries in Europe, their season lasts for?
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                  The football season is rather long in this country. Does anyone kn0ow about the other countries in Europe, their season lasts for?
                  The season is indeed too long, but all this stuff about "too much football" is a bit of a red herring. The big clubs (champions league) play more games now
                  because they want the income.
                  The rest play pretty much the same amount of games as they ever did. The Championship clubs have 4 more league games than "The old days". The L1 and 2 clubs have the paint pot to fit in, and the Europa league format is of course utter nonsense.

However,these things could be easily fixed.

And as for fergie bleating on about TV ruling the game....well please excuse me while I check the facts, but last time I looked, TV was responsible for the utter dominance of the top few teams , and provides all the PL clubs with riches beyond the dreams of avarice.

Its the fans who suffer (ask huddesfield and sheff utd fans how much tickets were for their recent League one (division 3)game,) or man utd season ticket holders, who have to buy a ticket for EVERY cup game.
                  Bonkers.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Carlos Tevez is to open a new chain of sandwich shops called SUBNOWAY

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

les bleus would have won, except AVB made a big mistake and put an extra player on for Valencia .... he was dithering what to do ... and muffed two points ... aaaagh!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Ferguson is such a hypocrite though? I know it was a completly different subject, re the media mis=quaoting him(wasn't it?), but its the tv thats paying him!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Anyone off to a game?

I'm off to sundrenched Southampton...perhaps a cold one looking out over Southampton water, a stroll up through our beautiful parks, and hopefully a little taste of the beautiful game and Watford shown how to do it properly. Lets hope so !!
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

...have a good one teamsaint ..... alas my nearest ground is a choice between Kettering or the Cobblers or mebbe the Posh none of which is an enticing prospect ...

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                              ...have a good one teamsaint ..... alas my nearest ground is a choice between Kettering or the Cobblers or mebbe the Posh none of which is an enticing prospect ...
                              Cheers

Rushden have a nice stadium.............and to be fair the posh play some great attacking football. (plus they beat portsmouth in the week, which was work well done !!)

Has to be said, that the cost of attending some of the places you mention (£18 at NTfc) would put a few folk off !

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Ah, my two nearest teams are Brighton & Hove Albion and Crawley Town. Both teams areew having a really good season. Despite 'The Seagulls', loosing to Crystal Palace!
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X