X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Stockport 0 Cambridge 1.
    This was an abysmal game between 2 poor sides with not much footballing skill on show.
    More to the point an opportunity missed .
    As City and United didn't play the club were charging only £5 for adults and £1 for kids to try and boost the attendance.This attracted a crowd of almost 6,000 but I doubt if many will come back after such a poor showing.
    A good day for Sheffield Wednesday,Southampton and Wrexham.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Stockport 0 Cambridge 1.
      This was an abysmal game between 2 poor sides with not much footballing skill on show.
      More to the point an opportunity missed .
      As City and United didn't play the club were charging only £5 for adults and £1 for kids to try and boost the attendance.This attracted a crowd of almost 6,000 but I doubt if many will come back after such a poor showing.
      A good day for Sheffield Wednesday,Southampton and Wrexham.
      Oh dear........and it had been on the up. Still plenty of time left yet.

Not a great performance by the Saints today, but did enough to get the points, and give Sir Richard Lambert half an hour off.
      Perhaps the pressure of having to get promotes is getting to West ham.......hope so, because Reading look unstoppable !!!!!!

Owls flying (!!), and on a good run, to mix a metaphor.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Oh dear........and it had been on the up. Still plenty of time left yet.

Not a great performance by the Saints today, but did enough to get the points, and give Sir Richard Lambert half an hour off.
        Perhaps the pressure of having to get promotes is getting to West ham.......hope so, because Reading look unstoppable !!!!!!

Owls flying (!!), and on a good run, to mix a metaphor.
        Another goal-laden win - let's hope this run lasts!

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Well, I see there is more talk of behind the goal line technology between the game Wanderers v QPR yesterday. When will it happen? It should and soon!

We have Arsenal tomorrow evening!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
            Well, I see there is more talk of behind the goal line technology between the game Wanderers v QPR yesterday. When will it happen? It should and soon! ..
            Yes, I agree, as it works perfectly well enough in other sports and there is so much money involved in the game these days.

However, it must not become the 'thin end of the wedge' and widen to other areas like offside decisions, which could end up making the game an utter 'stop-start' shambles.

I can see why FIFA. are currently officially opposed to change because of this very fear, so any move towards cameras must be strictly limited to goal-line decisions and their use in any game can only be requested by the referee himself ...

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

bad day at the office for citeh..........
              never bet against fergie's lot.
              Pleased for Swansea, shows what can be done on modest resources. (there is a big fan component in their ownership too, I think). Pity they had to make tickets so expensive.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

bad day at the office for citeh..........

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                  However, it must not become the 'thin end of the wedge' and widen to other areas like offside decisions, which could end up making the game an utter 'stop-start' shambles.

I can see why FIFA. are currently officially opposed to change ...
                  I have this memory that the authorities in football believed that you should not put technology in place unless it can be put in every game whether it be in a Sunday League or in the SPL or in the Premier League - that I know is an old argument but I have heard it quoted.......though not in the last couple of years, mind you. The QPR 'no-goal' was a joke, but quite amusing that Sparky Hughes of all people should be on the wrong end of the decision.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Mr Hughes was not amused. In fact I don't ever remember him being amused.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                      It is not in my Owls contract to support either Leeds or Colin, their turnround in fortune and QPR's current position shows little justification for the management change at Loftus Road.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Phew!

Normal service resumed! United back at the top.

City bloody irritating.

I hate change!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          It is not in my Owls contract to support either Leeds or Colin, their turnround in fortune and QPR's current position shows little justification for the management change at Loftus Road.

it would be interesting to see how often, statistically, a change in manager saves a team from the drop, or improves their league position.
                          Wolves were mad to get rid ofMM.......condemned them to relegation I am sure, when before the sacking they had a chance.
                          QPR should have waited till the end of season......

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

it would be interesting to see how often, statistically, a change in manager saves a team from the drop, or improves their league position.
                            Wolves were mad to get rid ofMM.......condemned them to relegation I am sure, when before the sacking they had a chance.
                            QPR should have waited till the end of season......
                            I did wonder if Megson might be a solution for Wolves to the end of the season - might at least get the defence sorted but he might want Baath back to do it!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Notsure what will happen tonight. We don't generally seem to do well away with the london clubs!
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• John Skelton

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                                Poor old Leslie. What with him being an ambitious manager, and all that.

Comment

Working...
                                X