• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post

Any comments on the stadium if you've been there?
    Clearly West Ham don't like it yet. It will be interesting to discover whether Chelsea will have similar problems when they move to Wembley for the next 3 seasons.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Tuesday scores

Coventry City 2 Port Vale 1 Scored twice in the 1st half to end a run of 7 league games without a win and 422 mins without a goal,13 points adrift at the bottom
      Barrow 1 Wrexham 1 Took the lead on 94 mins only to concede the equaliser on 96 mins,10th
      Chester 2 Macclesfield Town 3 Wend behind on 6 mins but were 2-1 up at half time,won it on 85 mins after conceding a 2nd on 75 mins,9th
      York City 5 Southport 3 Came back from 3-2 down at half time to score 3 goals in 14 2nd half mins,unbeaten in 4 league games,5 points from safety
      Fylde 0 Stockport County 0 Good away point v the league leaders,1 point outside the play off places
      East Thurrock United 1 Chelmsford City 2 Took the lead on 9 mins then conceded just after the break,won it on 77 mins,remain in the play off places
      Poole Town 2 Truro City 0 Conceded the goals in 13 1st half mins,4th consecutive defeat,just 2 points above the relegation zone
      Keep hanging in there ER ......

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

....well, I feel odd even bothering to talk of Eng v Ger....seeing no one else has done so....

....MUCH better without Jordan Henderson or Sterling....great balance to team....Lalana an all action man these days (now for England as well as L'l) I won't say revelation, but his anticipation without stopping running was a joy to watch....now all he has to work on is stray passes....Livermore good too....enjoyable to watch, the usual expletetives that normally cross my mind when watching Eng were absent....
        bong ching

Comment

• gurnemanz
          • Nov 2010

Out last night playing tennis and we arrived in the bar just in time to see the excellent German goal. I'm not inclined to catch up on the rest. On what was already a bad day for news, I heard this morning that England fans were jeering the German National Anthem and chanting about the war. After Brexit fiasco, another thing to make me ashamed and embarrassed to be English when I visit that country.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
            Out last night playing tennis and we arrived in the bar just in time to see the excellent German goal. I'm not inclined to catch up on the rest. On what was already a bad day for news, I heard this morning that England fans were jeering the German National Anthem and chanting about the war. After Brexit fiasco, another thing to make me ashamed and embarrassed to be English when I visit that country.
            ....well said sir....
            bong ching

Comment

• Pianorak
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
              England fans were jeering the German National Anthem and chanting about the war
              Quite disgraceful.
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                Keep hanging in there ER ......

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Wimbledon 0 Southend United 2 Conceded a goal in each half to the play off hopefuls,13th
                  Coventry City 1 Bristol Rovers 0 Forum derby,late goal Cov back to back wins,11 points adrift,Gas 6 points outside the play offs
                  Blackpool 2 Hartlepool United 1 Took a 1st half lead,Went 2-1 down on 80 mins,back to back defeats,8'points above the relegation zone
                  Exeter City 3 Yeovil Town 3 Went 3-0 down on 78 mins and amazingly scored 3 in the last 10 mins,in the play offs on goal difference
                  Dagenham and Redbridge 1 York City 0 Conceded a late goal to the promotion contenders,5 points from safety with games in hand
                  Macclesfield Town 0 Aldershot Town 2 Conceded the goals in the 2nd half v the play off contenders,9th
                  Wrexham 1 Torquay United 1 Took the lead just after the break with a pen,conceded via a pen on 78 mins,2 points from last 4 games,10th
                  Stockport County 2 Tamworth 1 Behind at the break,scored 2 goals in the last 18 mins,in the play offs on goal difference
                  Chelmsford City 5 Gosport Borough 1 Went behind on 5 mins but ran out comfortable winners,won 3 out of last 4,in the play offs with an 8 point cushion
                  Truro City 4 Whitehawk 2 Scored 2 and conceded 1 goals in each half,ended a run of 4 straight defeats,5 points clear of the relegation zone
                  Alloa Athletic 2 Queen's Park 2 Came back from behind twice,the 2nd equaliser coming on 93 mins,4th draw in a row,6th
                  Edinburgh City 3 Elgin City 0 Straightforward win v the team in the play offs,8th
                  Fort William 3 Rothes 5 Went 2-0 and 3-2 up before conceding 3 goals in the last 25 mins,8th straight defeat,bottom
                  Hawick Royal Albert 2 East Stirlingshire 4 Went behind twice before scoring 3 goals in the last 24 mins,4 wins from last 5,2nd 8 points off the top
                  Gretna 0 Selkirk 1 Scored the goal in the 2nd min,back to back wins,up to 14th
                  Salisbury 0 Hereford 4 All the goals came in the 1st hour,Bulls are champions already

Scottish Challenge Cup Final

Dundee United 2 St Mirren 1 Equalised a minute after going behind in the 1st half,conceded the 2nd on 75 mins

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Scottish Challenge Cup Final

Dundee United 2 St Mirren 1 Equalised a minute after going behind in the 1st half,conceded the 2nd on 75 mins
                    Yes Rob, sorry we couldn't add a spot of orange ginger ('Pop' in English parlance, I am led to believe) Irn Bru Cup silverware to the trophy cupboard. As they say in most parts of the footballing world - WE WUZ ROBBED!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Quiet this week

Wimbledon 3 Rochdale 1 Scored the goals in 5 2nd half mins after the visitors were reduced to 10 men on the stroke of half time,12th
                      Macclesfield Town 1 York City 3 Forum derby,Minstermen led 2-0 at the break then conceded via a pen on 58 mins,made sure of the win on 85 mins,4 points from safety with a game in hand,Silkmen back to back defeats,9th

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Here we go

Liverpool 3 Everton 1 Easy win,3 goals in the 1st hour,10 points from last 4 games,3rd but teams behind have games in hand
                        Burnley 0 Tottenham 2 The goals came in 11 2nd half mins,4th straight league win,2nd,7 points off the top
                        Chelsea 1 Crystal Palace 2 Forum derby,all the goals in the 1st 11 mins,Blues scored 1st,still 7 points clear at the top,Eagles 4th straight League win,4 points clear of the relegation zone
                        Leicester City 2 Stoke City 0 Scored in each half,4th consecutive league win,6 points clear of the relegation zone
                        Manchester United 0 West Brom 0 Unbeaten in the league for 19 games,8th home league draw of the season,5th
                        Southampton 0 Bournemouth 0 Forum derby,chances at both ends,Cherries missed a pen,unbeaten in 4 league games and 7 points clear of the bottom 3,Saints remain in mid table
                        Barnsley 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Conceded the equaliser on 93 mins after taking a 2nd half lead,slipped out of the play off places
                        Brighton 1 Blackburn Rovers 0 Goal on 67 mins,3 league wins from last 4 games,2nd,9'points clear of 3rd place
                        Newcastle United 2 Wigan Athletic 1 Scored in each half,1st league win in 4 games,top by 1 point
                        Wolves 3 Cardiff City 1 Sealed the win on 82 mins after leading 2-1 at the break,4th straight league win,8 points clear of the bottom 3
                        Bristol Rovers 2 Shrewsbury Town 0 Scored twice in the 2nd half after the visitors were reduced to 10 men just before the break,6 points outside the play offs
                        Port Vale 2 Wimbledon 0 Conceded a goal in each half,lost 2 of last 3 league games,12th
                        Hartlepool United 0 Portsmouth 2 Conceded a goal in each half,3rd consecutive league defeat,5 points clear of the relegation zone
                        Mansfield Town 1 Exeter City 2 Won it with 2 goals in the last 6 mins after being behind at the break,unbeaten in 4 league games,up to 6th
                        Wrexham 0 Tranmere Rovers 1 Conceded an OG on 10 mins,just 2 points from last 5 games,remain in mid table
                        Boreham Wood 2 Macclesfield Town 4 Led 4-1 at half time and held on for a 1st win in 3 league games,9th
                        York City 3 Braintree Town 0 Straightforward win,2-0 up at half time,back to back wins,2 points from safety with a game in hand
                        Stockport County 1 Nuneaton Town 1 Took the lead with a pen just after half time,conceded 10 mins later,2 points outside the play offs
                        Hampton and Richmond 0 Chelmsford City 2 Both goals inside the 1st 30 mins,4 wins from last 5 league games,up to 3rd,10 points clear of 6th
                        Margate 2 Truro City 1 Conceded the 2nd early in the 2nd half after being level 1-1 at the break,5 defeats from last 6 league games,4 points above the relegation zone
                        Dundee 0 Aberdeen 7 Scored 4 goals in the 1st half and 3 in the 2nd,3rd consecutive league win,2nd
                        Hamilton Academical 1 St Johnstone 0 Didn't concede the goal until the 89th min despite having 2 men sent off right on half time for fighting each other,4th
                        Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Kilmarnock 1 Equalised on 25 mins 6 mins after going behind,13th league draw,back at the bottom of the table
                        Partick Thistle 2 Ross County 1 Came from behind with 2 goals in 15 2nd half mins,unbeaten in 6 league games,6th
                        St Mirren 6 Ayr United 2 Raced to a 4-0 lead after 36 mins v relegation rivals,3 points adrift of 8th place with a game in hand
                        East Fife 0 Queen's Park 0 Just 2 points from last 4 league games,remain in 4th place
                        Montrose 3 Edinburgh City 0 Easily beaten,just 1 win from last 4 league games,4 points off the bottom of the league
                        Fort William 1 Inverurie Loco Works 4 Level 1-1 at the break,fell apart in 14 2nd half mins,9th straight league defeat,bottom
                        Preston Athletic 1 East Stirlingshire 7 Scored 4 goals in the 1st 27 mins,5 wins from last 6 league games,2nd,8 points off the top
                        Selkirk 2 Whitehill Welfare 4 Led 1-0 at the break then conceded 4 goals in just 6 2nd half mins,14th,10 points clear of the bottom
                        Hereford 3 Wantage Town 2 The Champions came from behind 3 times,finally winning it on 90 mins

Arsenal,unmentionables and Coventry play tomorrow

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

St Mirren 6 Ayr United 2 Raced to a 4-0 lead after 36 mins v relegation rivals,3 points adrift of 8th place with a game in hand
                          Mrs C's Birthday today, Rob, so we were taking in the delights of St Andrews on an absolutely glorious day when my cousin contacted me to say that the Saints were 4 up. Needless to say I suggested he was a touch late with the April Fool pranks...wonderful result - six-pointer and six goals. Come on Saints! Thanks for the great round-up.
                          The Perth Saints' story is a belter. Looking forward to seeing it on the box - manager Tommy Wright totally fuming after the match...wouldn't want to get in his way.

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Great round up as usual. Always a pleasure beating Stoke, surprised they are still Ninth.

Stirring wins for Palace, St Mirren and Hereford.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Wow! Er as usual, many thanks for your round ups. Newcastle I hope be doing alright and as will Brighton!
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

Great report, Rob. I can't remember the last time Palace were first up on on MotD. We were out yesterday afternoon at a theatre matinee so were spared the agony of following the Eagles hanging on to their lead for most of the game + 10 minutes of extra time. Four wins on the trot and still only just above the relegation zone.

Comment

Working...
                                X