• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

No **** Sherlock!
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Why we didnt beat Wolves last saturday, i don't know!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

3 million unemployed and rising..........and Andy Townsend still has a job.

incredible.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          3 million unemployed and rising..........and Andy Townsend still has a job.

incredible.
          But Gary Megson hasn't - what's that all about then?

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            But Gary Megson hasn't - what's that all about then?

not a great reward for beating your rivals and being 3rd...........
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

not a great reward for beating your rivals and being 3rd...........
              ...and I reckon he'd have got promotion via playoffs as a minimum - any successor with an unsettled team risks even the playoffs, absolutely mad! I gather Jones is in the frame, what's your Saintly wisdom there?

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

...and I reckon he'd have got promotion via playoffs as a minimum - any successor with an unsettled team risks even the playoffs, absolutely mad! I gather Jones is in the frame, what's your Saintly wisdom there?
                well I have heard it called some things !!
                FWIW, I think jones is a better manager than Megson.Bucketloads of experience, and gets good results from so-so players. (no offence intended).Should know the available loanees well enough, if you need to strengthen.
                if you go for him, they just HAVE to be patient, and he will get you up. I suspect if he does, he would get you moving well in the Championship too.
                Saints fans liked him. We were slipping when he was eased out, but the PL on thin resources is a tough place.
                Would be happy if I was an Owls fan.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

well I have heard it called some things !!
                  FWIW, I think jones is a better manager than Megson.Bucketloads of experience, and gets good results from so-so players. (no offence intended).Should know the available loanees well enough, if you need to strengthen.
                  if you go for him, they just HAVE to be patient, and he will get you up. I suspect if he does, he would get you moving well in the Championship too.
                  Saints fans liked him. We were slipping when he was eased out, but the PL on thin resources is a tough place.
                  Would be happy if I was an Owls fan.
                  Not one of MM's strongest suits! Jones got Wolves to PL, but was the nearly man with Cardiff. An interesting addendum Megson succeded Jones at Stockport, taking them to their highest ever position in the league!
                  Last edited by cloughie; 01-03-12, 21:06.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Not one of MM's strongest suits! Jones got Wolves to PL, but was the nearly man with Cardiff. An interesting addendum Megson succeded Jones at Stockport, taking them to their highest ever position in the league!
                    I know. Megson isn't a bad manager, reckon he would have got you up this season or next. As for your chairman......you will forgive me for bad thoughts !! you know why !!

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

I know. Megson isn't a bad manager, reckon he would have got you up this season or next. As for your chairman......you will forgive me for bad thoughts !! you know why !!
                      Similar to my dislike of SU. On the Owls management subject, noticeable that Evans, asst manager did not either fall or walk. He has a Wolves connection with Jones, who will need the local team knowledge to hit the ground moving!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

Chelsea defender David Luiz has admitted that he is aware of growing interest in his services from Spanish giants Barcelona.
                        ..... if only ..... if only .......
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Similar to my dislike of SU. On the Owls management subject, noticeable that Evans, asst manager did not either fall or walk. He has a Wolves connection with Jones, who will need the local team knowledge to hit the ground moving!
                          Gary Megson has been treated harshly but Dave Jones will do a good job.
                          Obviously I have a lot of time for both.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

The last time we had back to back wins was Feb 09.Happy days.

Comment

• Anna

I walked past the bookies this morning, and it said. Bet £10 on Arsenal defeating Liverpool and you'll win £90. Blimey, what an opportunity missed!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Wasn't it just!! i hope we beat Sunderland tomorrow!!
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X