X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Hull beat the current champions and go top - can’t see anyone catching them now.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
      I notice that Stockport have a cuddly new mascot, Rob...wondered if they'd attracted big Jim Goodwin back for a moment, but seems no. Still, it looks like the Edgeley Park end of season barbeque is one to look out for.
      http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ascot-11670278

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
        Hull beat the current champions and go top - can’t see anyone catching them now.
        First time the defending PL champions have lost their opening game of the following season.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

Celtic v Partick Thistle Postponed because Celtic are playing a friendly tomorrow??wot's goin on John ?
          To quote the Daily Record, Rob:
          'Thistle were due to face the champions at Celtic Park.
          But, the rules which permit a team to take a free weekend for a friendly, has left the Jags kicking their heels.
          Archibald (Thistle Manager) is annoyed that his team are idle through absolutely no fault of their own due to the controversial one-game opt-out option and says it degrades Scotland’s top division.'

Seems the 'Tic got permission to take a week off to battle Inter Milan...it'll be another one of their attempts to recreate the Lisbon Lions when Celtic won the European Cup beating the millionaires of Milan back in 1967. Up here we hear about it at any available opportunity. Probably just scared of the Jags.

No comment on Saints yesterday. 'We don't need Gary Lineker to see pants', said my brother, after his visit to Starks Park yesterday.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
            It's Leicester all over again....or is it all over Leicester again!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              It's Leicester all over again....or is it all over Leicester again!
              No, it is "it’s all over, Leicester - again"

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                FC United of Manchester 2 Stockport County 0 Bobbins

I blame the Glaziers.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post

I blame the Glaziers.
                  I can see through that comment!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    I can see through that comment!
                    They're a right pane, cloughie!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Thanks for the round up ER.

It'll be interesting to hear JLWs views on the Merseyside ex Saints win over the north london ex Saints. No European football may mean a strong league challenge from the reds, but they'll need to improve their defending to be serious challengers.

An entertaining if slightly low quality affair at SMS yesterday. new manager still finding his way, and trying a slightly worrying diamond midfield( not sure we have the players for it, especially with Vic gone,) but Hoijbjerg looks the real deal in midfield, and Redmond will be very useful, if unlikely to be as good and Mane. a point after conceding a poor goal not too bad in the circumstances, against a Watford side memorable mostly for time wasting from the very start of the match.
                      Last edited by teamsaint; 14-08-16, 20:31.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Sunday supplement

Arsenal 3 Liverpool 4 Forum derby,Liverpool went 4-1 up after Arsenal had taken the lead then missed a pen,Gunners almost completed the comeback
                        Bournemouth 1 Manchester United 3 Another forum derby,comprehensive Reds win,3-0 up after 64 mins,Cherries scored on 69 mins
                        Bristol Rovers 2 Oxford United 1 First points of the season,level at the break,the winner came on 70 mins after the visitors were reduced to 10 men

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

First half - back from the holidays, yawn, what, you mean this one's competitive...? ... then that man with that free kick again. Just a little more perfect this time. From 30 yards. Philipe le Spoilsport, Goal of the season redundant now!

"Frightening" was one word used by the Guardian reporter to describe Liverpool in 15 secondhalf minutes. "Too good to be true" came to my mind, but - it was true. Today at least. 15 minutes of stunningly well-deserved passing moving and scoring fame. So many quick skilful neat ball-playing potential goalscorers... Brilliant début from Mané and Wijnaldum. Yes, and an apparently decades-congenital weakness defending crosses too...
                          But wait. Joel Matip will shortly become our no.1 central defender (google him and be afraid). Alongside.... Klavan I think, Lovren perhaps. The ever irresponsible Moreno perhaps not, as James Milner is pencilled in as the new left fullback/wingback once fit. Good. Better. Best. As Shakespeare put it.

Jurgen Klopp, endearingly losing his glasses in mad-professorial triumph once again, will certainly never let them rest.
                          Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 15-08-16, 04:16.

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            First half - back from the holidays, yawn, what, you mean this one's competitive...? ... then that man with that free kick again. Just a little more perfect this time. From 30 yards. Philipe le Spoilsport, Goal of the season redundant now!

"Frightening" was one word used by the Guardian reporter to describe Liverpool in 15 secondhalf minutes. "Too good to be true" came to my mind, but - it was true. Today at least. 15 minutes of stunningly well-deserved passing moving and scoring fame. So many quick skilful neat ball-playing potential goalscorers... Brilliant début from Mané and Wijnaldum. Yes, and an apparently decades-congenital weakness defending crosses too...
                            But wait. Joel Matip will shortly become our no.1 central defender (google him and be afraid). Alongside.... Klavan I think, Lovren perhaps. The ever irresponsible Moreno perhaps not, as James Milner is pencilled in as the new left fullback/wingback once fit. Good. Better. Best. As Shakespeare put it.

Jurgen Klopp, endearingly losing his glasses in mad-professorial triumph once again, will certainly never let them rest.
                            Though not a fan of Liverpool, never have been, but a massive fan of Klopp - just love his style and approach to the game.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Chelsea 2 West Ham United 1 Winning start for the new manager,87th minute goal sealed it.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

A Palace fan writes: Why do I already think I'm not going to enjoy this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X