Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Auferstehen2

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    sorry, if that offended !! Doubtless true about the accents. no doubt most of them only get to one or two games a decade, so they make the most of their day out from Surrey. !!
    I live in the Mediterranean, and fly into Manchester around twice a month on average to see United play - each game costs me around Eur 800. Good enough for you?

But then I'm not Mancunian, so I don't count, right?

Mario

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Auferstehen2 View Post
      I live in the Mediterranean, and fly into Manchester around twice a month on average to see United play - each game costs me around Eur 800. Good enough for you? But then I'm not Mancunian, so I don't count, right? Mario
      I have no opinion on what you do but it really isn't football. More Barclays versus Santander on 44 legs with a contribution to global warming. I note the sad comments about Wrexham. I am happy enough to see York in 5th plus a cup semi-final. Fleetwood are in that precarious position of the ones most likely to be demoted up into never-never land. I wouldn't choose it.
      Last edited by Guest; 26-02-12, 18:37.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Let's hope this heralds the double whammy of a run for us and a lean spell for the Blades in their catch-up games.
        Great result for the Owls and I am pleased for Chris O'Grady who had a brief spell at County.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

I live in the Mediterranean, and fly into Manchester around twice a month on average to see United play - each game costs me around Eur 800. Good enough for you?

Mario
          This is a good thread, and I don't want to bite really, ........but so what ?

I gave credit to your fans for the noise they make, and lots of them do come from places other than manchester.

supporting a nearby team, even as a second team, is an option, if money or time is an issue.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Auferstehen2

Neither money nor time is an issue, thank you, at least not for me.

I just resented your snidy remark about "one or two games a decade". Very complimentary.

But you are right. Let's move on.

Mario

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

15 years ago, long after it had all gone down the pan here, I travelled by train from Geneva to Milan. It was the weekend between two working weeks. I walked directly up to the counter of the AC Milan shop and asked if they still had tickets for the Sunday game, fully expecting that request to be greeted with laughter. Instead I was shown a stadium plan and asked where I wanted to sit. The ticket cost me less than £10. Big business though European clubs tend to be, much the same happened for games at Marseille and Ajax. Quite why here you have to be a solid gold member, book two months in advance and pay £50 per ticket I don't know. Anyhow, for what it's worth, I see Arsenal beat Tottenham 5-2. Clearly Redknapp's getting ready for England.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Neither money nor time is an issue, thank you, at least not for me.

I just resented your snidy remark about "one or two games a decade". Very complimentary.

Mario
                Not intended as a snidy remark........every club has its fair weather fans, just watch attendances at clubs relegated from the PL !!Uniteds support has always been big and loyal, even in the div 2 days.

Anyway, back to the footy, a very entertaining CC final today. Kuyt is a massively under rated player.....I would have him an any squad, any day of the week.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Mario
                  Great effort by you Mario.
                  In fairness I think I started the Man Utd fan thing on here,bit of a standing joke up here in Greater Manchester.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                    Anyhow, for what it's worth, I see Arsenal beat Tottenham 5-2. Clearly Redknapp's getting ready for England.
                    He certainly had the look of an England manager sitting in the 'dug-out' yesterday. (and a couple of Scotland managers I've seen over the years.)
                    Great Carling Cup Final yesterday - as good a game as I've seen on the box for ages - have to say that I love to see that smile on Dalglish's face, the one he used to have when he scored his goals - he's really got a lot of the old passion back.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      Not intended as a snidy remark........every club has its fair weather fans, just watch attendances at clubs relegated from the PL !!Uniteds support has always been big and loyal, even in the div 2 days.

Anyway, back to the footy, a very entertaining CC final today. Kuyt is a massively under rated player.....I would have him an any squad, any day of the week.
                      I see that Bradford City who currently are too close to the Conference for comfort still pull a crowd!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

re Carling Cup i thought that was an ominously mediocre performance from Liverpool ...

alas poor harry he has the manager of the month syndrome in spades eh?

if you add up the footie and the shagging that Giggs fellow is a fit blighter ....
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          I see that Bradford City who currently are too close to the Conference for comfort still pull a crowd!
                          being partly of Bradford stock myself, I am not at all surprised that they are a loyal and decent lot !!
                          Always kept an eye out for them, even had their subbuteo team as a kid. (very distinctive it was too !!)

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

>>re Carling Cup i thought that was an ominously mediocre performance from Liverpool

Nerves.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                              >>re Carling Cup i thought that was an ominously mediocre performance from Liverpool

Nerves.
                              had they not watched a video of Cardiff ?!

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Only the Crystal Palace suicide sequence.

Comment

Working...
                                X