X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

What a great result for Stockport.
    Hope you enjoyed the afternoon ER. perfect footy weather down here.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Enjoy! A few seasons ago this fixture would have been in the old Div 2 or 3 , those heady days, I often think Blue Square Prem should be called Div4OB!

This weekend's source of anxiety and several other possible emotions is at Hillsborough tomorrow.
      Huge game for you.......everybody else (udders etc) probably hoping for a draw !
      hope its a great game. Should be a massive atmosphere.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        What a great result for Stockport.
        Hope you enjoyed the afternoon ER. perfect footy weather down here.
        Goalkeeper error the report said

And Fleetwood won 4-0 :gloom:

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

I know, not a good day for Wrexham. Plenty of games left yet,though, still got fleetwood firmly in your sights.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

A great game of football played in front of a noisy and passionate crowd (helped by around 1500 Wrexham supporters).
            I felt a bit sorry for Wrexham as they probably deserved a point for their 2nd half performance alone despite having a man sent off, but our need for the 3 points was greater. The Wrexham keeper seemed to punch the ball into his own net when under pressure.
            Messageboard teams update-
            Great win for the Saints especially with West Ham dropping points.
            It looks bleak now for Bath City unfortunately.
            The Steel City derby (do they still call it that ?) looks a difficult one to call.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

I once, a long time ago , had the pleasure of standing among a few hundred wrexham fans at a 4 -4 draw at Bristol city. Man for man they were the loudest fans I have ever heard !!
              A good day for us, with ex pompey manager coterill doing us a big favour at St Andrews.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

I once, a long time ago , had the pleasure of standing among a few hundred wrexham fans at a 4 -4 draw at Bristol city. Man for man they were the loudest fans I have ever heard !!
                A good day for us, with ex pompey manager coterill doing us a big favour at St Andrews.
                Have you heard the Owls fans away? ...but I guess Div4 sides in the Conference are great crowd boosters - who would have imagined years back you'd have had Luton, Stockport, Grimsby or Wrexham down there but Donny Rovers Phoenix job must give all these sleeping semi-Giants hope. Even if DR are back in D1 next season, and that's no real shame - actually it is!, they've shown what is possible.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Have you heard the Owls fans away? ...but I guess Div4 sides in the Conference are great crowd boosters - who would have imagined years back you'd have had Luton, Stockport, Grimsby or Wrexham down there but Donny Rovers Phoenix job must give all these sleeping semi-Giants hope. Even if DR are back in D1 next season, and that's no real shame - actually it is!, they've shown what is possible.
                  It certainly is odd seeing all those teams down in the "non league"......although, the standard is surely as good as Div 4 before the PL was taken over by foreign players.
                  In would have thought 3 up 3 down from the league ought to come in.Luton fans must really wonder where it all went wrong.....what a team they had in the early 80's.
                  Colchester united are another who came back from conference to Championship.

Back to the fans, and credit where its due, the Man united fans make a loud and constant racket, although of course there are plenty of them.Plymouth Argyle were impressive also at our place.

Can't say I have really notice the Owls fans quality........but then we went something like 25 years without a win over them, so I have probably done a bit of mental editing over our games against them.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Have you heard the Owls fans away?
                    Agreed.Whenever Sheffield Wednesday came to our place the noise they made was unrelenting.Bradford fans too make a fair old din!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

the Man united fans make a loud and constant racket
                      And not a Mancunian accent amongst them

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

It certainly is odd seeing all those teams down in the "non league"......although, the standard is surely as good as Div 4 before the PL was taken over by foreign players.
                        In would have thought 3 up 3 down from the league ought to come in.Luton fans must really wonder where it all went wrong.....what a team they had in the early 80's.
                        Colchester united are another who came back from conference to Championship

Back to the fans, and credit where its due, the Man united fans make a loud and constant racket, although of course there are plenty of them.Plymouth Argyle were impressive also at our place.
                        And Burnley and Brighton have experienced being within 90 minutes of the conference, let's hope Argyle survive this year! It's largely about money and mismanagement. I'm still convinced that Wednesday's demise started the day they sacked Trevor Francis. Pleat let Hirst go! No parachute payments then when we went down - not saying that they are a good idea, why reward failure, but then you've been there!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                          And not a Mancunian accent amongst them
                          sorry, if that offended !! Doubtless true about the accents. no doubt most of them only get to one or two games a decade, so they make the most of their day out from Surrey. !!

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Huge game for you.......everybody else (udders etc) probably hoping for a draw !
                            hope its a great game. Should be a massive atmosphere.
                            Three points and the bragging rights - good result!

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Three points and the bragging rights - good result!
                              Great result for you. The top end of League 1 is an exciting place to be these days.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Great result for you. The top end of League 1 is an exciting place to be these days.
                                Let's hope this heralds the double whammy of a run for us and a lean spell for the Blades in their catch-up games.

Comment

Working...
                                X