• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    League games

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4 Dundee 0 After a goaless 1st half all the goals came in the space of 23 mins,finished the season in 7th place
    Partick Thistle 2 Hamilton 2 All the goals were scored in the 1st 20 mins,Jags took the lead twice and were almost immediately pegged back both times,finished the season in 9th place

Hereford won the Midland Football League Cup this week by beating Walsall Wood 3-1,so that's 3 trophies in our cabinet from the Bulls alone (Herefordshire Senior Cup and League title in there already,and the FA Vase to come)
    Good to see the Bulls cleaning up on all fronts - makes a change from the days when they couldn't buy a point.

Caley Thistle's win means they have more points than the 5th and 6th clubs, and probably will even after today's final SPL games. Shurely some mistake, johncorrigan?!

Thanks for the round-up, ER.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
      Good to see the Bulls cleaning up on all fronts - makes a change from the days when they couldn't buy a point.

Caley Thistle's win means they have more points than the 5th and 6th clubs, and probably will even after today's final SPL games. Shurely some mistake, johncorrigan?!

Thanks for the round-up, ER.
      Yes it looks strange,but the SPL in effect becomes two divisions after the split.
      English PL pretty much done and dusted before today,just Man Utd looking for 4th place
      Please don't let it be you know who.
      Round up tomorrow guys,I'm out Dvoraking this evening.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Yes it looks strange,but the SPL in effect becomes two divisions after the split.
        English PL pretty much done and dusted before today,just Man Utd looking for 4th place
        Please don't let it be you know who.
        Round up tomorrow guys,I'm out Dvoraking this evening.
        Thanks Rob. I was wondering if Liverpool were still up for Champion's League and was interested to read this about the prospects should Liverpool win in Basel. Seems England would have 5 teams in the Champs League. (I had wondered if they would replace the 4th place team - but no...)
        The UEFA Europa League winners will be entered in the UEFA Champions League at a minimum level of the play-offs ...
        but as both UEFA Champions League finalists will have already qualified, whoever wins the UEFA Europa League will be elevated into the group stage (the UEFA Champions League winners have qualified directly for the UEFA Champions League group stage via their domestic league programme every year since the turn of the century bar 2005, 2007 and 2012). So pretty good potential prize awaiting for Jayne and the Kloppmeister.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          If the Real Dons win the play-offs and end up in the same division as the Plastic Dons, no-one will be more pleased than I.

Better late than never

Arsenal 4 Aston Villa 0 Finished the season as runners up,best finish since 2005
          Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1 Forum derby,Blues finished a disappointing 10th,Foxes champions,only losing 3 games and with the best home and away records
          Newcastle United 5 Tottenham 1 Where has this form been all season ?,relegated but there's hope if Rafa stays
          Southampton 4 Crystal Palace 1 Forum derby,Saints in Europe and highest Premier League points total,Eagles lacklustre second half of the season but the FA Cup final to come
          West Brom 1 Liverpool 1 Finished in 8th but can secure European football by winning the Europa Cup on Wednesday
          Manchester United v Bournemouth was abandoned and will take place tomorrow

Currently Brighton 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Better late than never

Arsenal 4 Aston Villa 0 Finished the season as runners up,best finish since 2005
            Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1 Forum derby,Blues finished a disappointing 10th,Foxes champions,only losing 3 games and with the best home and away records
            Newcastle United 5 Tottenham 1 Where has this form been all season ?,relegated but there's hope if Rafa stays
            Southampton 4 Crystal Palace 1 Forum derby,Saints in Europe and highest Premier League points total,Eagles lacklustre second half of the season but the FA Cup final to come
            West Brom 1 Liverpool 1 Finished in 8th but can secure European football by winning the Europa Cup on Wednesday
            Manchester United v Bournemouth was abandoned and will take place tomorrow

Currently Brighton 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0
            thanks for the round up ER. Hope the concert was good.

a fine entertaining game at SMS, and Palace much better than 4-1 suggests. A pretty perfect day for us, good last day win, European football guaranteed, and a 91st minute winner for Argyle in the league two play offs.

cracking game so far at Brighton this evening.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Very nice evening of Dvorak thanks ts.

Brighton 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Owls through 3-1 on aggregate,BBM'll be crying in his Spitfire,Cloughie'll be over the moon,will be a tough final v Hull (assuming they go through of course) I fear

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

It would have been great to have had both of tonight's teams in the premier league.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  It would have been great to have had both of tonight's teams in the premier league.
                  I'll settle for the one that got through this evening....and we'll be the underdogs at Wembley. Bbm, it had to be one of us!

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

Well deserved over the two ties Cloughie.

I seriously want you to beat Hull City who would bring much less interest to the PL!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Football team prejudices can be strange: As a Palace fan I'm supposed to hate Brighton and delight in their misfortunes but actually feel genuinely sorry that they've missed Prem promotion. I lived in Hull for a short time and have sympathy for the town and their team. However, Steve Bruce, will forever be regarded as a traitor at Palace and I cannot bring myself to wish him success in any enterprise he undertakes, but it is hard to see Derby managing to overturn Hull's 3-0 lead.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Excellent stuff Cloughers ....

Comment

• aeolium
                          • Nov 2010

This seems one of those cases where the playoff system provides a perverse result. Brighton have been for the great majority of the season in the top 3 teams and are a country mile ahead of the other playoff teams; any kind of meritocratic selection would see them promoted. It seems harsh that the great effort they put in against Middlesbrough (while Sheff Wed could comfortably rest most of their players) has caused them to fail at the last.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Latest

Premier League

Manchester United 3 Bournemouth 1 Forum derby,Reds finished in 5th place and in the Europa League,Cherries finished their 1st season in the top flight 5 points clear of the bottom 3

League 2 play off semi final 2nd leg

Accrington Stanley 2 Wimbledon 2 Came back from 2-0 down to equalise in extra time and go through 3-2 on aggregate,maybe lucky to not have a man sent off,Plymouth to come in the final

Europa League Final

Liverpool 1 Sevilla 3 Led at the break with a classy Sturridge goal,never recovered from conceding just 17 seconds into the 2nd half,no European football next season

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

VAN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special one come!!!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Very nice evening of Dvorak thanks ts.

Brighton 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Owls through 3-1 on aggregate, BBM'll be crying in his Spitfire, Cloughie'll be over the moon, will be a tough final v Hull (assuming they go through of course) I fear
                                Of sorts, ER! Both my teams in The Championship next season!
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X