X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Nice one Alison!! The BBC site is rather slow at giving out the results?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      I think the Chosen One wants to to succeed Sir Alex.
      Has he told Giggsy?

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
        Mixed day for my adopted messageboard teams.
        Great wins for Southampton and Wrexham.
        Bad defeats for Bath City and Sheffield Weds.
        Stockport losing to a 96th minute goal at York City.
        Chelsea looked very poor today (what has happened to Torres ?)

...and it's the Blunts next weekend at S6.....

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

merde! merde! merde!

la marche futile
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
            Incidentally, are all Man Utd supporters living in London originally from Greater Manchester?
            The old joke that Shakespeare was a Manchester United supporter (because he wasn't from Manchester) does distort the truth just a wee bit. The city is in fact divided roughly 50/50 in its support for the two clubs, attendance figures being distorted by the large number of supporters from outside the Manchester. I used to go to the home matches of both teams as well as Stockport County Friday night games in the 1960s. But then it cost between 4 and 5 shillings, which wasn't much at all.

Comment

• aeolium
              • Nov 2010

Bad defeats for Bath City...
              Atrocious - playing against 10 men for most of the 2nd half. I think Bath have given up trying to salvage anything from this season - their main hope is in four other clubs in the BSP going bankrupt (not Stockport, I hasten to add). Kettering and Darlington may help out....

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

The old joke that Shakespeare was a Manchester United supporter (because he wasn't from Manchester) does distort the truth just a wee bit. The city is in fact divided roughly 50/50 in its support for the two clubs, attendance figures being distorted by the large number of supporters from outside the Manchester. I used to go to the home matches of both teams as well as Stockport County Friday night games in the 1960s. But then it cost between 4 and 5 shillings, which wasn't much at all.
                I remember the slogan 'Friday night is County night'.
                Most Manchester City supporters seem to live in Stockport!

Comment

• Beef Oven

Remember, what United fans and rats have in common is that in the UK, you are never more than 10 yards away from one!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                    Remember, what United fans and rats have in common is that in the UK, you are never more than 10 yards away from one!
                    I thought that bankers, not rats!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

.........and they say they are because they cant think of anyother team!!
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

I really enjoyed this programme from BBC 4 last night about the Makana Football Association on Robben Island, South Africa. I wasn't familiar with the story and it was very interesting how the detainees had to fight to just get a ball, and then how some of the guards came round to side of the inmates. Positive power of footie I thought.

South African docudrama chronicling the story of the Makana Football Association.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          I really enjoyed this programme from BBC 4 last night about the Makana Football Association on Robben Island, South Africa. I wasn't familiar with the story and it was very interesting how the detainees had to fight to just get a ball, and then how some of the guards came round to side of the inmates. Positive power of footie I thought.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00st947
                          Bloody hell! They'll be giving prisoners laptops and mobile phones next and let them order take-away pizza! Political correctness gone mad.

Last edited by Guest; 22-02-12, 21:21. Reason: full stop few line down to give 'gs' their tails back

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Off to Stockport v Wrexham this afternoon, I know you are all jealous.
                            Anyone else on here going to a game ?

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Enjoy! A few seasons ago this fixture would have been in the old Div 2 or 3 , those heady days, I often think Blue Square Prem should be called Div4OB!

This weekend's source of anxiety and several other possible emotions is at Hillsborough tomorrow.

Comment

• amateur51

Oooh nice one ER - an important game

Comment

Working...
                                X