The Round Ball Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norfolk Born

I think 'focussing on the league' is a polite way of saying 'avoiding relegation'. More ambitious clubs 'set their sights on the play-offs' or 'concentrate on the push for promotion'. You can usually guess a club's league position from the words it uses to define its short- and medium-term aims.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
      I think 'focussing on the league' is a polite way of saying 'avoiding relegation'. More ambitious clubs 'set their sights on the play-offs' or 'concentrate on the push for promotion'. You can usually guess a club's league position from the words it uses to define its short- and medium-term aims.
      As supporters we tend to be optimistic (or pessimistic depending on position and season) realists!

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
        was there a rumour that Roy Keane might manage Millwall? no wonder they set about Soton!
        Millwall would be better off signing the ref who gifted them the game last night. At least he is proven to be effective !!
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Millwall would be better off signing the ref who gifted them the game last night. At least he is proven to be effective !!
          Agreed. As a Manchester United fan, I was glad to see Ashley Young and Howard Webb back for the Chelsea game.

Comment

• scottycelt

Surprise, surprise ... Fabio has resigned as the England manager ... and who can blame him after being treated so shabbily by the FA? ... guess who's now going to get the job? ...

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
              Surprise, surprise ... Fabio has resigned as the England manager ... and who can blame him after being treated so shabbily by the FA? ... guess who's now going to get the job? ...
              does it matter who does it.

sven. ÂŁ4m PA

Fabio ÂŁ6m pa.

result?
              Quarter final fiasco if it goes well.

Let trev pick the team at home, and email it in, and give the money to charity.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                Agreed. As a Manchester United fan, I was glad to see Ashley Young and Howard Webb back for the Chelsea game.
                I hear Howard gave Fergie a red card in the tunnel after the Chelsea game. The gold lettering on the front apparently said be my valentine.

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Sorry to hit a raw nerve, Rob!
                We don't do cups so we can concentrate on avoiding relegation!

Comment

• Beef Oven

And why not?
                  Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  I hear Howard gave Fergie a red card in the tunnel after the Chelsea game. The gold lettering on the front apparently said be my valentine.

We don't do cups so we can concentrate on avoiding relegation!

Comment

• scottycelt

Fabio seemed such a nice, cultured sort who has indispensable and admirable interests away from the day-job. Somehow I cannot imagine Sir Alex or Harry at the opera, but life is full of little surprises ....

Talking of football managers and surprises ...

That face certainly looks familiar seated in the audience right behind one of the timpanists at the Staatskapelle ... watch immediately before we crash into the Finale's coda and also near the end ... is it really Sven? ... or maybe just a quite extraordinary 'double'?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Everyones saying Rednapp. I hope they dont choose Roy Hodgson!!
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

redknapp hiddink mourinho hodgson ..... field set out in grauniad, i think either foreigner is highly acceptable
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

Fabio Cappello....an accident waiting to happen....

Harry should get the job....as he is a master [proven again and thingy]at getting the best out of inferior players....
                          bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

getting the best out of inferior players....
                            so is Hodgson on that criterion alone ....
                            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

I'd be worried about the poor bloke knocking himself unconscious on some Ukranian hoarding....
                              bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

there is that .... but Harry is prone to being mugged ... couple or three times last year or so

Comment

Working...
                                X