• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Congratulations Beefy. But don't deny Leicester their moment of glory on MOTD. They have rather shaken up the bottom of the league you know!

Must confess I had all but given up on survival. Trust flipping Spurs to allow Villa the win.

Poor St Mirren, the new management didn't really make much difference then.
    Thank you Alison.

I was wrong to diss Leicester, and I corrected myself!

Yes, trust Spurs.

Me hailing from Lower Clapton (Alan Sugar, Spurs nut, hails from Upper Clapton (a bit posher!)) Spurs are my second team

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
      Manchester United 4 - Manchester Citeh 2
      I'll look forward to seeing that....
      bong ching

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        I'll look forward to seeing that....
        10.30 PM BBC1 MOTD (even MrGongGong's going to tune in).

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
          Manchester United 4 - Manchester Citeh 2
          How we laaaarfed.
          If I may correct you Beefmeister General,you shouldn't really use capital m and c in man citeh.
          I believe the bitters have filed a missing persons report for yaya toure,nowhere to be seen in the 2nd half.
          I liked Gary Neville's 'too many weeds in the city garden'quote.

QPR 0 Chelsea 1, Late Fabregas winner may have sealed the title.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            How we laaaarfed.
            If I may correct you Beefmeister General,you shouldn't really use capital m and c in man citeh.
            I'm new to this

I believe the bitters have filed a missing persons report for yaya toure,nowhere to be seen in the 2nd half.
            I liked Gary Neville's 'too many weeds in the city garden'quote.

QPR 0 Chelsea 1, Late Fabregas winner may have sealed the title.

Comment

• aeolium
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
              The team are obviously as disheartened as me (5-0 Motherwell is even worse than it sounds, Rob). It's not been a pleasant sight watching this season and 'inevitable relegation' it is, particularly given the recent form of their fellow strugglers. Thing is that they look in danger of spending a long time in the long grass - not many signs of new shoots there. Ross County tomorrow night - only three points offers them a stay of execution you have to think.
              Is this a fair analysis of what's gone wrong at St Mirren, jc?:

BBC Scotland's Tom English pinpoints the failings at St Mirren and lauds retiring jockey Tony McCoy.

There's still hope for next year, given personnel changes at the top and in the team - look at Hearts who are coming straight back to SPFL after relegation last season.

Inverness gained a creditable point against Celtic, but I fear a hammering by the same opposition in the Scottish Cup next week....

I can't muster much interest in what's going on at the top of the English Premiership, but it's still very tense at the bottom. I'm now predicting the drop for Hull, Sunderland and one other of the bottom three, probably QPR.

Thanks for the round-up, ER.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                Is this a fair analysis of what's gone wrong at St Mirren, jc?:

BBC Scotland's Tom English pinpoints the failings at St Mirren and lauds retiring jockey Tony McCoy.

There's still hope for next year, given personnel changes at the top and in the team - look at Hearts who are coming straight back to SPFL after relegation last season.

Thanks for the round-up, ER.
                Pretty much spot-on aeolium. They've been flirting with relegation for years, as English says, and this year they're gone. At present they're a goal down and a man down with about 10mins to go, so hello Championship!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                  Pretty much spot-on aeolium. They've been flirting with relegation for years, as English says, and this year they're gone. At present they're a goal down and a man down with about 10mins to go, so hello Championship!
                  Keep the faith JC. Of course you will. Another week,another season, another match.

Solidarity from the Southern Saints.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Keep the faith JC. Of course you will. Another week,another season, another match.

Solidarity from the Southern Saints.
                    Thanks sainty! It's just that it's a bit early for the end of the season.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                      Ex-member
                      • Sep 2013

Manchester United 4 - man citeh 2

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

St Mirren 0 Ross County 3. As far as I can work out it's between Buddies and Motherwell for the automatic drop,sorry John C.
                        Hopefully they can come back stronger.

Liverpool 2 Newcastle United 0. Forum derby,Reds 4 points off the CL places,Toon treading water.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

St Mirren 0 Ross County 3. As far as I can work out it's between Buddies and Motherwell for the automatic drop,sorry John C.
                          Bottom (almost certainly the Budds) go down, Rob. First in Championship comes up (Hearts). Second bottom gets a play-off against the winners of a min-tournament that involves 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the Championship (Hibs, Rangers and Queen of the South at present). Back to the drawing board.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

Liverpool 2 Newcastle United 0. Forum derby,Reds 4 points off the CL places,Toon treading water.
                            Surprised at the commentators' praise for our "creativity"... well yes, but oh, the lack of an end product, usual failings, passpasspass - whoops!in the penalty area..
                            All those 2nd-rate strikers on the bench or laid up somewhere. Lambert on for...7 minutes, including stoppage time?

Why DOES "The Brodge" (copyright Liam Gallagher) persist in using Raheem as main striker, when his success rate looks about 1 in 10? Great goal but after that a classic miss-of-the-month...
                            Perhaps he should have had a smoke at halftime. It's me nerves, y'know....

Not a pretty game to watch. Already getting butterflies about Sunday at 3... that ​sure won't do my bloodpressure any good.

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

I think Paul Sturrock, as an ex Owls manager, may have been pleased with his newly relegated charges putting one over on the Blades.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Latest forum news.

Brighton 0 Huddersfield Town 0. Point stops the rot,7 points clear of the drop zone.
                                Sheffield Wednesday 1 Brentford 0. Super win v the play off contenders,11th.What on earth has happened to Wigan ?
                                Coventry City 1 Oldham Athletic 1. Last minute equaliser for Cov,still only 4 points off the bottom 4.
                                Plymouth Argyle 1 Wimbldeon 1. Safe in mid table.
                                Hartlepool United 1 Accrington Stanley 1. Late equaliser,just 1 point clear of the relegation zone (what on earth has happened to Tranmere ?)
                                Welling 2 Wrexham 1. Time to plan for next year.
                                Hyde 1 Stockport County 1. Manager steps down,Klopp says he will leave Dortmund at the end of the season,watch this space

Comment

Working...
                                X