Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    the veggie men in the local Saturday market are Leicester fans; they all want Pearson to go ... and Richard Cockerill at Tigers ...

good to see Fulham finding some form, les bleus winning and even Harry's men at QPR going a dream against Man City ... good day for West London lads .... i have lived in the middle kingdom for just over half my years now and find it strange that the allegiances formed in childhood prevail with such intensity [heart rate in games innit] while remaining warmly indifferent to Leicester ... or Peterborough &c .... [or the Cobblers so help us ....] any one else living far from their attachments in football?
    Indeed so Calum - about 200 miles to Wrexham

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      any one else living far from their attachments in football?
      I don't mind St Johnstone or Dundee Utd - I've gone to see them plenty over the years but I never really care much about the result (unless they're playing the Buddies of course) - I don't really like Dundee but they don't inspire me with venom - I can't even get worked up watching Brechin City at Glebe Park, hedge or no hedge or Forfar, bridie or without - can't work out if I couldn't care less these days or am just Care-free. Yet I still love to see Rangers get cuffed.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        Oh it just gets worse and worse, Rob - this manager was assistant last year and has shown no sign that anything is improved in any way...the reverse. The weekend result combinations were bad enough with Ross County and Motherwell both winning...also Big Jim's been banned again for use of the elbow - sorry but the Manager needs to do the decent thing.
        Surely not !

Forum team on the wrong end of a giant killing today.

West Brom 0 Newcastle United 2. Comfortable win,remarkable run continues.

FA Cup 1st round.

Wrexham 3 Woking 0. All the goals in the 1st half,safely through.
        Coventry City 1 Worcester City 2. Miserable afternoon for Cov fans,man sent off too.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
          Surely not !
          Three match ban and even without him they still lost, Rob - bang goes my brother's theory.

Comment

• John Wright
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Forum team on the wrong end of a giant killing today.
            FA Cup 1st round
            Coventry City 1 Worcester City 2. Miserable afternoon for Cov fans,man sent off too.
            All I can say is Cov are sh*te
            - - -

John W

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
              All I can say is Cov are sh*te
              John, just concentrate on the league and give Madine some goal scoring practice.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

I've been trying to persuade my cat to support Stockport County, but he's veering perilously close to Man City.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                  I've been trying to persuade my cat to support Stockport County, but he's veering perilously close to Man City.

Cor, Alps! What do you feed him on something radioactive?

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

The most difficult Spot The Ball for a long time.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post

Worrying.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Midweek games
                        Football league trophy.

Bristol City 2 Wimbledon 1.
                        Coventry City 2 Plymouth Argyle 0.

League.

Alfreton Town 0 Bristol Rovers 0.
                        Hereford United 4 Dorchester 0.
                        Woking 1 Wrexham 1.

Today.

Coventry City 0 Notts County 1. Despite midweek cup win,poor league form continues,just above the relegation zone.
                        Wimbledon 1 Dagenham and Redbridge 0. Bounced back from the trophy defeat,mid table.
                        Southend United 1 Hartlepool United 0. Long trip,no points,rock bottom.
                        Clyde 0 East Stirlingshire 1. O.G. secured a much needed 3 points.
                        Bristol Rovers 1 Kidderminster Harriers 1. Late equaliser,2 draws in a week,remain 4th.
                        Braintree Town 1 Wrexham 0. Man sent off late in the game,only 1 point from 2 games this week,mid table.
                        Whitehawk 5 Chelmsford 1. From 2-0 down pulled one back then fell apart in the last 15 minutes.
                        Stockport County 3 Hednesford 0. Super win v the pre season promotion favourites,up to 5th.

FA Trophy.

Hereford United 2 Mangotsfield United 0.
                        Witham Town 0 Truro City 1.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

A quick catch up before the big boys rejoin us this weekend.

Monday,

Chelmsford 0 Wealdstone 2.

Tuesday,

Chorley 3 Stockport County 0.

FA Cup 1st round.

Wimbledon 3 York City 1.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Falcao

He is partially of English descent; George King, one of his great-grandfathers, emigrated from the North Yorkshire village of Burn near Selby in 1932 to work as an accountant for the United Fruit Company in Colombia. Owing to this ancestry, Falcao's father attempted to make it easier for his son to play in Europe by obtaining a British passport for him, however this was rejected....
                            bong ching

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

United get a well-deserved goal. A great finish by Kieran Gibbs. He's had a good game.
                              Last edited by Beef Oven!; 22-11-14, 20:00. Reason: Spelt Kieran wrong. Well, I'm not familiar with Arsenal players.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Good to have you back 8O

Football pink time -

Chelsea 2 West Brom 0. Both goals in the first half,7 points clear.
                                Leicester City 0 Sunderland 0. Foxes end losing streak but fail to score again.
                                Newcastle United 1 QPR 0. Late goal secures 6th win on the bounce.
                                Norwich City 3 Brighton 3. Seagulls were 3-2 up but let it slip in the last 5 minutes.
                                Huddersfield Town 0 Sheffield Wednesday 0. A decent away point,13th.
                                Colchester United 0 Coventry City 1. First way win of the season.
                                Hartlepool United 1 York City 3. Led at half time,fell apart after the break
                                Oxford United 0 Wimbledon 0. A good point,remain in mid table
                                Hamilton 3 St Mirren 0.At least Ross County lost to keep our team off the bottom.
                                Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3 Motherwell 1. Super win keeps ICT in 2nd spot
                                East Stirlingshire 4 Montrose 0. Very comfortable win,7th place.
                                Chester 2 Bristol Rovers 2. Threw away a 2-0 lead,down to 6th.
                                Wrexham 2 Altrincham 3. Conceded 3 in the last 15 minues after being 2-0 up,2 sent off,a red card for the visitors too.
                                Chelmsford 2 Bath City 1. Scored the winner with 15 minutes left,much needed win.
                                Fylde 0 Stockport County 0. A well deserved point v one of the forms teams in the division.
                                Dunstable 1 Truro City 2.Were 2 up after 23 minutes,held on
                                Frome Town 1 Hereford United 3.Secured the win with 2 goals in the last 5 minutes.

Crystal Palace play Liverpool tomorrow.
                                Southampton at Villa on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X