Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Anybody glanced at the Prem table - look who's 4th - Crisis what crisis. Who's 8th and 9th - early days I suppose ....

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

i watched the match live at a local pub .... how polite and nice fans are to each other, lots of intelligent chat and banter between Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal followers [oh and cheesy chips kill yer diet eh]

i thought les bleus played 'em off the park ... Wenger will regret that shove - versions of it already viral!

i suppose the rest of the season will be spent minding the gap as it inevitably wanes and one hopes waxes .....
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Yes, enjoyed watching Chelsea again, but - 5 points clear after 7, double the goal difference of their nearest rival? Heavens... and their style seems well-suited to European progress...

And my favourite player from another team ​made one of his killer passes for Costa's goal. Another one of those golf-shot specials...
        (loved the crazy little mime Mourinho did when Costa put that open-goal sitter over the bar. And Costa's sheepish smile when it was offside...)

At least, the International Break is a relief for Liverpool fans... regroup, remake, remodel... **apprehensive hopeful face**
        (Liverpool fans don't glance at the Premiership table - we wince at it...)
        Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 06-10-14, 20:21.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Pretty amazing De Gea saves in the last few mins yesterday.
          Also a mention for Hamilton Accies who cuffed Celtic yesterday and go top of the Scottish Premier table...some good footie on display this weekend up here.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            Pretty amazing De Gea saves in the last few mins yesterday.
            Also a mention for Hamilton Accies who cuffed Celtic yesterday and go top of the Scottish Premier table...some good footie on display this weekend up here.
            Yes John,the SPL table has a very unfamiliar look about it.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

We suddenly have no manager - where is Big John Hughes when you need him....

Comment

• aeolium
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Except at Inverness, where they could have been blown away in the first half by bottom club Ross County but for sloppy finishing and Dean Brill The draw was a kind of escape for ICT....

Well done Hamilton for downing the once-mighty Celtic, and also to the Buddies for taking 4 points against Aberdeen and St Johnstone.

We suddenly have no manager - where is Big John Hughes when you need him....
                Wasting good players at Inverness with his ghastly insistence on everyone passing square and back all the time. Please, please, please take him back, AG!

Hereford are finding all kinds of new places on the map to struggle at, but at least it sounded entertaining.

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

I would take him back like a shot ......at least there was some fight in his tenure...

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
                    • Feb 2012

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Scum 2 Dons 3

At last, and at the third attempt, we've finally beaten the outfit we should never have had to play in the first place because it's not a legit club. Lots of happy Wombles on our chat sites.

Me? I'm pleased in principle, but it's not like beating a bitter rival or tipping a big club out of a cup. Doesn't change anything, doesn't avenge what happened. They shouldn't be there, end of.

Still, there'll be a lot of people throughout football with their hearts in the right places who'll be happy for us, so I'll take that :-)

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post

At last, and at the third attempt, we've finally beaten the outfit we should never have had to play in the first place because it's not a legit club. Lots of happy Wombles on our chat sites.

Me? I'm pleased in principle, but it's not like beating a bitter rival or tipping a big club out of a cup. Doesn't change anything, doesn't avenge what happened. They shouldn't be there, end of.

Still, there'll be a lot of people throughout football with their hearts in the right places who'll be happy for us, so I'll take that :-)
                      Goodness me, yes I can see that must be a very satisfying victory! Well done!

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
                        • Feb 2012

Thanks Alison, really appreciate your support, beginning to enjoy it a bit more now.

Should be a great atmosphere on Saturday when the lads run out at Kingsmeadow to face a real club -- Bury.

Glad for Ardley, really cares about our club, fitting that it was one of our former heroes who inflicted the defeat.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post

Rejoice Lancs.

Results update

Chelmsford 0 Concord Rangers 1. Went down to a first half goal.
                          Bristol Rovers 1 Dartford 0. First half penalty,closing in on the leaders.
                          Halifax 2 Wrexham 2. Came from behind twice to secure a point v 10 man Halifax.
                          Oxford City 2 Stockport County 1. Hopefully just a blip,first defeat since August bank holiday.
                          Poole Town 3 Truro City 0. All the goals in the first 15 minutes for the league leaders.
                          Hereford United 1 Corby Town 2. Poor run continues.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Hartlepool United 1 Sheffield United 2.Went down to a late goal after clawing back to 1-1.
                          Coventry City 3 Exeter City 1. Safely through.
                          plastic dons 2 Wimbledon 3. From 2-1 down at the break,marvellous.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                            Ex-member
                            • Sep 2013

The beautiful game can never be repressed!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                              The beautiful game can never be repressed!
                              Indeed.

Latest forum results.

Crewe Alexandra 2 Coventry City 1. Bad day v the bottom placed team,and a man sent off late on.
                              Wimbledon 3 Bury 2. Managed to hang on for a super win v the league leaders.
                              Exeter City 1 Hartlepool United 2. Long away trip,great win,up to 21st.
                              East Stirlingshire 1 Queens Park 3. Second half goal gave hope but conceded the 3rd on 90 minutes.
                              Aldershot Town 2 Bristol Rovers 2. Point keeps Rovers in the top five.
                              Wrexham 0 Grimsby Town 1. Beaten by a first half penalty,down to 9th place.
                              Hereford United 2 Cambridge City 0. A goal in each half,much needed win.
                              Truro City 1 Cirencester Town 4. After taking an early lead went on to concede 4 in 18 minutes in the second half

FA Cup 3rd qualifying round.

Stockport County 1 Ilkeston 0. Late goal saw us through a tricky tie.
                              Whitehawk 4 Chelmsford 4. Our team were 2-0 up in no time,then it all went a bit crazy,replay on Monday,

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Cheers ER a great surprise but very welcome........

Comment

Working...
                                X