Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Brilliant round up Rob, quicker than the old football Pink.

Sorry about Rovers , 8O.

Sad day for Bristol blues.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Forget the rest...is this result of the day?...Hamilton needed to score a bucketload to win the Championship and hope Dundee failed to win...they got the bucketload but Dundee held on for a narrow win.
      Hamilton hammer relegated Morton but miss out on the Scottish Championship title after leaders Dundee also win.

Is that the time already?

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

edge, thanks for your season-long coverage - an interesting season for the Owls - maybe a disappointing tally from the last few games but had I been offered finishing 16th back in November I would have grabbed it and I think we'll have a good season '14-'15 under Stu. Truro also appear to be looking up rather than down! ...maybe even County can think of their glass being slightly over half-full!
        ts, you must be happy with your season up there flirting with the big boys!

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Brilliant as always ER - many thanks for all the forum footie news over this scary season....

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Thanks guys,I've enjoyed following our little group of teams.
            It's not over yet with two of our teams in the play offs,and still work to do in the SPL.
            Doesn't look like we'll be winning the Premiership though.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              edge, thanks for your season-long coverage - an interesting season for the Owls - maybe a disappointing tally from the last few games but had I been offered finishing 16th back in November I would have grabbed it and I think we'll have a good season '14-'15 under Stu. Truro also appear to be looking up rather than down! ...maybe even County can think of their glass being slightly over half-full!
              ts, you must be happy with your season up there flirting with the big boys!
              Just warming up, Cloughie !!

But it really is a pleasure to watch your own team play such consistently attractive football, and win some games.

The PL gets ever harder for clubs outside the big cities sadly.

Perhaps the Owls will manage a crack at the top 6 next year. Not before time .

Stu is still well thought of down here, and always strikes you as a thoughtful manager.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Al though as we all know, for most of us the season is over, I would like to say a big THANK YOU, to our indefatigable EdgelyRob, for giving us an absolute first class service, throughout this season!!
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Don't forget we still have the disappointment of the world cup to come.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                    Don't forget we still have the disappointment of the world cup to come.
                    I'm not even going to bother with it! Brazil, so we won't be getting out of the group stage this time!!
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                      I'm not even going to bother with it! Brazil, so we won't be getting out of the group stage this time!!
                      I watched the 2010 World Cup - you have to admit it had its amusing moments, was it Algeria that England played (?) and then the match against Germany ...... So I think I'll watch some of it. Do you really think they have no hope at all?

(Shame about Bristol Rovers but I think teamsaint is a bit unfair blaming me for their downfall!!)

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        I watched the 2010 World Cup - you have to admit it had its amusing moments, was it Algeria that England played (?) and then the match against Germany ...... So I think I'll watch some of it. Do you really think they have no hope at all?

(Shame about Bristol Rovers but I think teamsaint is a bit unfair blaming me for their downfall!!)
                        I didnt, I said they might have done even worse but for your positive vibes !!

As for the world cup, we can at least sit back and enjoy.

Actually, I think England can get out of the group stage and surprise a few folk. worse squads have made the semis.

Comment

• aeolium
                          • Nov 2010

Great coverage for the season, ER, though there are still the Premiership title to be decided (surely now the team whose name must not be uttered) and SPL relegation. Sorry about Bristol Rovers though at least they will be able to play Wrexham and Hereford next year.

The forum teams seem mostly to be split between a few high-fliers and a lot of strugglers, or in the case of teams like Palace former strugglers, with not much in between. It makes for more interest at the end of the season.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post

Basically, because it's in Brazil Anna.
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Yes EdgelyRob, thanks for your coverage....."Goodnight Irene"....I'll see you in my dreams/at Guiseley....
                              bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

indeed many thanks EdgelyRob ... not quite over but the lady will sing shortly to the discomfort of ailing parrots and delight of cosmonauts everywhere

on to Brazil where Engereland makes you cry will come true again ...
                                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X