Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Thanks, ER. Difficult to feel bullish about Hereford's chances of avoiding the drop, now.

No SPL games today ?
    No, this is a week's well-earned rest before the final push towards Europe, relegation or mediocrity.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Great round up ER, many thanks.

saints on their hols, and all seemed worried about picking up a bad injury after the j Rod incident.

The other teams at the bottom must be cursing us.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

big games today! the classic will be Liverpool v Man City but the question still hangs over Chelsea and their ambition in the Premier League .... meanwhile Fulham look as if they might just get away with a dire season eh? or mebbe not ....
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Swansea 0 Chelsea 1 Bleus at Anfield looks mahoosive now

Comment

• Radio64
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Swansea 0 Chelsea 1 Bleus at Anfield looks mahoosive now
            yahoo!
            "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

MrsBBM is really pleased with yesterdays result!! (Liverpool, )
              Last edited by BBMmk2; 15-04-14, 08:56.
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
                • Nov 2010

Thanks, Rob, for the thorough review. A family outing to Selhurst Park to help celebrate our son's 30th was suitably upbeat. The Palace fans chanted for 90 minutes non-stop with many gems I had not heard before. "We are staying up" figured prominently by the end of proceedings. Even though we do appear to be safe, past experience has taught me not to count chickens. The party included his best mate who had a bad afternoon. He is a Villa fan and his team were pretty awful. We opted out of the evening session at a loud venue in Islington and decided to go to Wigmore. This plan was thwarted when The Victoria Line ground to a halt and we would have missed the start. Working on the assumption that it won't ever make it our nearest multiplex in Swindon, we ended up watching "Under the Skin", an unusual and darkly beautiful film with a riveting performance from Scarlett Johansson.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

It gets better for the Eagles.

Reading 1 Leicester City 1. Edging closer to the title,Reading's point means Brighton slip out of the top 6,so and
                  Biggleswade Town 2 Truro City 1.Remain in 17th place.
                  Everton 2 Crystal Palace 3. Magic 40 points total,Gurnemanz dancing in the street.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

Yes, dancing - inwardly at least - and toasting Eagles with a bottle of Crystal Palace white wine at this very moment. Box of six was Christmas present from our daughter. One of Palace's best wins. Pulis reaction: disappointed at conceding two goals!

(PS just seen Bale's fantastic winning goal to win El Clasico - worth checking out.)

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Liverpool throbbing with emotion all week... after the City result tonight, the hope sharpens, the agony deepens... whatever happens at Norwich how on earth do we all cope till the Chelsea game...? May be even more intense than last Sunday... heavens.

Both our immediate neighbours are mad-keen, often have a garden party and even klaxons or vuvuzelas sounding off on a Big Sunday. It was remarkably quiet after the Man City game...

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                        Liverpool throbbing with emotion all week... after the City result tonight, the hope sharpens, the agony deepens... whatever happens at Norwich how on earth do we all cope till the Chelsea game...? May be even more intense than last Sunday... heavens.

Both our immediate neighbours are mad-keen, often have a garden party and even klaxons or vuvuzelas sounding off on a Big Sunday. It was remarkably quiet after the Man City game...
                        Funny how football can give you a great evening without your team so much as kicking a ball.

Double fun for reds supporters last night.
                        The fates seem to be with Liverpool, and in united's worst season in many years.

Keep us posted with how it's going up there, Jayne, the atmosphere must be electric....but how are Everton fans coping?
                        It's kind of odd to see so much of the country willing Liverpool to get over the line...after all those years when they won everything, and then the two decades of underachievement.

(If Liverpool do win the title, it'll be the first time in a while that that the Saints have beaten the league champions in their own back yard)
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

way to go Sunderland ... now only the Reds & Les Bleus hold their fate in their own hands ..... a not unimportant fixture now looms assuming prior matches run to form .... in fact for both sides the other three games should be bankers ... but this is football and Les Bleus have a European dimension to tire their legs and minds .... and The Reds have to hold their nerves
                          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                            Ex-member
                            • Sep 2013

The Premiership hasn't been quite the same lately - I may give it a miss for a couple of years and, God spare me, see if things have improved in 2016/17.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

The Premiership been great this season, Beefy!! Good to9 see different teams at the top, for a change! MrsBBM will be pleased that her team beat Man City!!
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                                Ex-member
                                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                                The Premiership been great this season, Beefy!! Good to9 see different teams at the top, for a change! MrsBBM will be pleased that her team beat Man City!!
                                It may have been great BBM, I was merely stating that it hasn't been the same and by implication, it hasn't worked for me

Comment

Working...
                                X