Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

2 HUGE Premiership games today!

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Friday 4 April : Leicester City versus Sheffield Wednesday
      I would put any money on the Owls improving their goal difference on that day - but then it's a funny old game

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
        Funny old game.
        Blinkin' hilarious, Rob.

Dundee United 3 St Mirren 2. From 2-0 up, conceded 3 in the last 11 minutes,11th.
        It's made all the worse cos the teams around them, including the Jags, picked up the points. 11th is play-off position...really in need of a booster, and what have we got next but the 'tic...somehow don't see three points coming from that direction...not looking good.

Also best wishes to Inverness Caledonian Thistle tomorrow as the forum defends the Scottish League Cup
        They're well underdogs given the way the Dons are going, but hope Big Yogi and his boys can keep the trophy in the forum cabinet.
        Last edited by johncorrigan; 16-03-14, 12:05. Reason: Them were the days!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Cheers Rob but

ouch!
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

The boy Gerrard can certainly take penalties

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

Guisley Rob ????....in funny land now aren't you?....that's 3 roundabouts and a Morrisons....
              bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

It turns out you can't watch BBC Scotland Live online.

Pathetic.
                Scots, and ex pat scots must be pretty irritated by that.
                Mind you free university fees probably help the pain for some folks............
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

The boy Gerrard can certainly take penalties
                  Erm err

Comment

• Gordon
                    • Nov 2010

Erm err
                    Apparently no one has ever scored three penalties in the PL!!

Perhaps SG should have left it for someone else - but then who needs penalties to beat ManU?

Seriously though MU didn't really turn up today despite the age old rivalry that usually adds a lot of spice to this fixture and lifts both sides. The Scousers will feel good about this win not because it was MU particularly [although is always helps] but because of the 3 points and it wasn't a huge sweat.

Rats!! Arsenal 1 up already. Come on Spurs.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      It turns out you can't watch BBC Scotland Live online.

Pathetic.
                      Scots, and ex pat scots must be pretty irritated by that.
                      Mind you free university fees probably help the pain for some folks............
                      You didn't miss anything sainty...very poor fare...not at all like last year's epic!
                      Aberdeen had certainly been practising the pens...clinical! End of a 19 year silver-free hoodoo for the Dons. I'll get it out the trophy cabinet.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        You didn't miss anything sainty...very poor fare...not at all like last year's epic!
                        Aberdeen had certainly been practising the pens...clinical! End of a 19 year silver-free hoodoo for the Dons. I'll get it out the trophy cabinet.
                        a bad weekend all round, north of what may soon be the border JC , what with the Buddies outdoing the southern saints in the" late in the game crisis" stakes

actually, BBC showed the game in a rather lo quality feed on the football news part of the website. Dour stuff, and rotten pens from ICT.

I feel aggrieved at this "no iplayer for BBC Scotland " thing. Whats that all about? WE all pay for BBC Scotland, we should be able to watch it on line. Are Scottish persons not irritated by this injustice?
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                          Guisley Rob ????....in funny land now aren't you?....that's 3 roundabouts and a Morrisons....

Scottish League Cup Final.

Aberdeen 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0. Unfortunately for the forum,Aberdeen won on penalties. oops JC beat me to it.

League 1.

Coventry City 2 Port Vale 2. Went 2-0 down on 74 minutes,great comeback,15th.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                            Apparently no one has ever scored three penalties in the PL!!

Perhaps SG should have left it for someone else - but then who needs penalties to beat ManU?

Seriously though MU didn't really turn up today despite the age old rivalry that usually adds a lot of spice to this fixture and lifts both sides. The Scousers will feel good about this win not because it was MU particularly [although is always helps] but because of the 3 points and it wasn't a huge sweat.

Rats!! Arsenal 1 up already. Come on Spurs.
                            Fellini has become a real clueless ninny in a red shirt....Evra that forlorn #3 shirt facing goal shoulders slumped ,; before and after goals....Mata not up to derby violence....time to cancel Raphaels visa (if I wanted something rash, I'd more likely go for ring worm)....a decent defence would never let Joe Allen get in the box....so, blaa blaa blaa clumsy oafs, huge gaps between units jeez endless problems....team seem under prepared but Moyes still good bet for future.....I hope....

....EVERY other TV programme seems to have Arvo Part Fratres as underlying doomy theme....perhaps ManU should adopt it when they play.....
                            bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

yep and do the the blues a favour monopolise the services of one Mr Foy!
                              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Scottish League Cup Final.

Aberdeen 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0. Unfortunately for the forum,Aberdeen won on penalties. oops JC beat me to it.
                                Aberdeen are doing rather well. Perhaps it would be good time for Sir Alex to come out of retirement. His time at Aberdeen was miraculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X