Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Thanks for the great roundup ER. brilliant work.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

Loss to Saints at home felt like a hammer blow (almost on a par with Mahler 6). I know they are going well at the moment but that is the sort of match we might have hoped to get something out of if survival is to be feasible.

Our son has just booked for us to join him and his mates - he was best man for one of them who is a Villa fan - on April 12 v Aston Villa, his 30th birthday. A warped way to celebrate, some might think. The match is almost sold out. Much noise will be made.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Dundee United 5. Forum interest in the Scottish Cup ended with a bang,2 sent off and 5 conceded,blimey.

Non forum performance of the week award goes to Wigan.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
          Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Dundee United 5. Forum interest in the Scottish Cup ended with a bang,2 sent off and 5 conceded,blimey.

The sun must have got to me but as an Owl I have to say well done to the other Cloughie's Blades.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            The sun must have got to me but as an Owl I have to say well done to the other Cloughie's Blades.
            "Generous post of the day" winner.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

ICT totally stuffed - pretty dodgy sendings off but they were well beaten before that.
              However I'd like to put Albion Rovers in there for performance of the week - one up at Ibrox till Rangers got an equaliser in the 76th minute - I tell you, the goal would not have stood if it had happened at the other end - the Albion keeper was poleaxed. It's great supporting another team for the day, innit? They got a replay and hopefully it'll be on the box - that should do their bank balance a power of good.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Midweek forum action.

Redditch United 3 Truro City 1. Remain in 19th.
                Barnsley 0 Leicester City 3. Clear of 3rd place by 15 points.
                Brighton 2 QPR 0. Now just 2 points form the play offs.
                Swindon Town 1 Wolves 4. Clear at the top with games in hand.
                Gillingham 4 Coventry City 2. Remain in 14th.
                Wimbledon 1 Chesterfield 1. Took the lead,a good point v the top of the table team,up to 15th.
                Accrington Stanley 0 Hartlepool United 0. Remain in 10th.
                Bristol Rovers 1 Dagenham and Redbridge 2. Down to 16th.
                Mansfield 0 York City 1. Penalty sealed the win,2 points away from a play off place.
                Braintree Town 3 Wrexham 0. Conceded 2 late goals,16th.
                Grimsby Town 1 Hereford United 1. A good away point,18th.
                Eastleigh 1 Chelmsford 0. Beaten by the 2nd placed team,down to 15th.
                Guiseley 2 Stockport County 0. Mid table mediocrity
                Wigan Athletic 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0. Conceded late penalty,still well clear of the bottom 3.
                Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Hibernian 0. Move up to 4th.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Midweek forum action.

Wimbledon 1 Chesterfield 1. Took the lead,a good point v the top of the table team,up to 15th.
                  Mansfield 0 York City 1. Penalty sealed the win,2 points away from a play off place.
                  Wigan Athletic 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0. Conceded late penalty,still well clear of the bottom 3.
                  Thanks, Rob, foir your excellent service, as always! Yes Seagulls are getting there, again!!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Midweek forum action.

Thanks again, Rob!

Wrexham travelled all the way to Braintree to be beaten 2-0 in the dying minutes of the game in front of a crowd of fewer than 700 fans - what a season!

Stand-in manager Barr was gutted by the performance - poor bloke must be rueing the day the Chairman called. Anyone got any decent players to loan us?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Funny old game.
                      Some accumulator busting results.
                      saw a couple of crazy games today,Edgeley Park and Villa Park on TV.

Fulham 1 Newcastle United 0. Didn't see that coming,Toon should still secure a top 10 finish.
                      Southampton 4 Norwich City 2. Super win after a threatened Canaries comeback,again should finish top 10 if not better.
                      Sunderland 0 Crystal Palace 0. A useful point but drifting back towards the bottom 3.
                      Aston Villa 1 Chelsea 0. Crazy game no 1,looked only a matter of time before Chelsea scored,then the first of 2 red cards and all hell broke loose.
                      Dundee United 3 St Mirren 2. From 2-0 up,conceded 3 in the last 11 minutes,11th.
                      Partick Thistle 3 Hibernian 1. Hibs threatened to come back but last minute goal secured the points,up to 9th.
                      Bolton 0 Brighton 2. Good away win,can't seem to break into the top 6.
                      Leicester City 3 Blackpool 1. From 1-0 down,still flying high.
                      Sheffield Wednesday 4 Birmingham City 1. Great win,up to 16th,looking safe.
                      Wolves 0 Shrewsbury Town 0. Coupon buster,remian top,very tight at the top of L2.
                      Burton Albion 1 Wimbledon 1. Last minute goal secured a good point v a top 5 side,15th.
                      Hartlepool United 4 Bristol Rovers 0. Forum derby,monkey hangers 3 points off the play offs,gas only 4 points above the relegation zone.
                      York City 2 Wycombe Wanderers 0. On a super run,goal difference keeps them out of the promotion places.
                      Hereford United 0 Hyde 0. Poor result v a team already relegated,18th.
                      Grimsby 3 Wrexham 1. Looked good for a point until Grimsby scored 2 in the last 3 minutes,down to 17th.
                      Eastbourne 4 Chelmsford 2. Worrying slide towards the danger zone,16th.
                      Stockport County 3 Guiseley 3. Crazy game no 2,from 1-3 down earned a point with a last minute penalty,pure entertainment.
                      Poole Town 1 Truro City 0. Conceded an early goal,19th

Coventry play tomorrow.
                      Also best wishes to Inverness Caledonian Thistle tomorrow as the forum defends the Scottish League Cup

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Great round up ER, thanks for the great effort.

Last minute equalise is just such a great thing....somehow better than a last minute winner .

The The Scottish LC final is live on BBC Scotland on freeview I think. Certainly on freesat.
                        Good luck to ICT.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                          Ex-member
                          • Sep 2013

Funny old game.
                          Some accumulator busting results.
                          saw a couple of crazy games today,Edgeley Park and Villa Park on TV.

Fulham 1 Newcastle United 0. Didn't see that coming,Toon should still secure a top 10 finish.
                          Southampton 4 Norwich City 2. Super win after a threatened Canaries comeback,again should finish top 10 if not better.
                          Sunderland 0 Crystal Palace 0. A useful point but drifting back towards the bottom 3.
                          Aston Villa 1 Chelsea 0. Crazy game no 1,looked only a matter of time before Chelsea scored,then the first of 2 red cards and all hell broke loose.
                          Dundee United 3 St Mirren 2. From 2-0 up,conceded 3 in the last 11 minutes,11th.
                          Partick Thistle 3 Hibernian 1. Hibs threatened to come back but last minute goal secured the points,up to 9th.
                          Bolton 0 Brighton 2. Good away win,can't seem to break into the top 6.
                          Leicester City 3 Blackpool 1. From 1-0 down,still flying high.
                          Sheffield Wednesday 4 Birmingham City 1. Great win,up to 16th,looking safe.
                          Wolves 0 Shrewsbury Town 0. Coupon buster,remian top,very tight at the top of L2.
                          Burton Albion 1 Wimbledon 1. Last minute goal secured a good point v a top 5 side,15th.
                          Hartlepool United 4 Bristol Rovers 0. Forum derby,monkey hangers 3 points off the play offs,gas only 4 points above the relegation zone.
                          York City 2 Wycombe Wanderers 0. On a super run,goal difference keeps them out of the promotion places.
                          Hereford United 0 Hyde 0. Poor result v a team already relegated,18th.
                          Grimsby 3 Wrexham 1. Looked good for a point until Grimsby scored 2 in the last 3 minutes,down to 17th.
                          Eastbourne 4 Chelmsford 2. Worrying slide towards the danger zone,16th.
                          Stockport County 3 Guiseley 3. Crazy game no 2,from 1-3 down earned a point with a last minute penalty,pure entertainment.
                          Poole Town 1 Truro City 0. Conceded an early goal,19th

Coventry play tomorrow.
                          Also best wishes to Inverness Caledonian Thistle tomorrow as the forum defends the Scottish League Cup
                          Nice one Rob. Shame Chelsea slipped up, they'll let City in.

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Good heavens, Villa just never beat the top teams at home.

Good to see Wednesday edging towards survival.

Did I see Jonesy is back at Cardiff in some capacity?

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              Good heavens, Villa just never beat the top teams at home.

Good to see Wednesday edging towards survival.

Did I see Jonesy is back at Cardiff in some capacity?
                              Thanks edge for round up. Thanks Alison for the Owls nudge. Stu's doing a great job with the resources he has - appears to have great motivational skills and when the right combination turns up we're good - would like to think we'll end up 12th - above Leeds, Bolton and Bournemouth. Leicester are flying - you have a great boss! It appears Jonesy is back as an adviser at Cardiff - I suspect Wednesday not Leicester will be meeting them next season!

Comment

• Alison
                                • Nov 2010

Friday 4 April : Leicester City versus Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                                X