• Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Recent forum results.

FA Cup.

Hull City 2 Brighton 1.
    Sheffield Wednesday 1 Charlton Athletic 2.

and so ends forum involvement in the competition.

Champions League.

Galatasary 1 Chelsea 1. I think Les Bleus would have taken that beforehand but should have been so much better.

League games.

Newport County 1 Wimbledon 2. Super win sealed with 2 goals in the last 5 minutes,up to 11th.
    Scunthorpe United 1 Bristol Rovers 1. Equalised in the 89th minute,19th.
    Ross County 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3. Up to 4th.
    Hereford United 1 Macclesfiled Town 2. Nightmare run continues,getting too close to the relegation zone for comfort.
    Luton Town 5 Wrexham 0. Well beaten by the runaway leaders,mid table.
    Burnham 1 Truro City 2. Very welcome 3 points,18th.

What on earth has happened to manyoo ?,I don't recall ever seeing such a poor performance by them.
    Not losing any sleep mind.
    Thanks ER.

Stockport had a great week in the CL !!!!!!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Radio64
      • Jan 2014

Recent forum results.

Champions League.

Galatasary 1 Chelsea 1. I think Les Bleus would have taken that beforehand but should have been so much better.
      Too right.

Hereford United 1 Macclesfiled Town 2. Nightmare run continues,getting too close to the relegation zone for comfort.
      What happens when you get relegated from the Conference? ('scuse my ignorance..)
      "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• aeolium
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
        What happens when you get relegated from the Conference? ('scuse my ignorance..)
        Rob knows

It depends on whether you are a northern-based team or southern-based, I think. Strictly speaking the Conference is the Conference Premier, and the leagues below that are Conference North and Conference South (or now known as Skrill North and Skrill South because of the sponsor). Hereford would drop down to the Skrill South, Stockport I think are in the Skrill North.

Comment

• Radio64
          • Jan 2014

Poor old Hereford ... I still remember going to the local Post Office to get the special commemorative envelope and postmark for when they got promoted to the Second Division .. (1976?).
          "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

The football pyramid

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

I think Les Bleus would have taken that beforehand but should have been so much better.
              quite possibly the story of their season

cheers EdgeleyRob and one and all - best wishes for the right results later today..
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Forum teams round up.

Celtic 5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0. Well beaten by the league leaders,5th.
                Ross County 1 Partick Thistle 1. Let the lead slip,10th.
                St Mirren 2 Kilmarnock 0. Late goals seal a welcome win,9th.
                Fulham 1 Chelsea 3. Schurrle 16 minute 2nd half hat trick keeps CFC on top of the pile..
                Hull City 1 Newcastle United 4. Super away day,back to back wins,8th.
                Southampton 0 Liverpool 3. Comprehensive defeat at the hands of the now 2nd placed team.
                Leicester City 3 Charlton Athletic 0. Looking nailed on for the Prenier League.
                Millwall 0 Brighton 1. Closing in on the play offs.
                Sheffield Wednesday 1 Middlesbrough 0. Very late penalty,heading for mid table safety.
                Wolves 3 Port Vale 0. Now top of the table
                Fleetwood Town 0 Wimbledon 0. A good point v a top 6 team,12th.
                Hartlepool United 3 Torquay United 0. Play offs within reach.
                Northampton Town 0 Bristol Rovers 0. Points dropped v the 2nd bottom side,17th.
                York City 2 Exeter City 1. Play off contenders all of a sudden.
                Hereford United 0 Wrexham 2. Forum derby,Wrexham up to 13th,Bulls on a dreadful run,edging ever closer to danger.
                Sutton United 2 Chelmsford 0. A tough looking game against a top 3 team,down to 15th.,
                Leamington 2 Stockport County 1. Yet again we let a lead slip,not 'appy.
                St Albans 1 Truro City 3. Surprising but welcome win v the top 3 side,up to 17th.

Swansea City v Crystal Palace and Coventry City v Shrewsbury Town take place tomorrow.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Forum teams round up.

Celtic 5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0. Well beaten by the league leaders,5th.
                  Ross County 1 Partick Thistle 1. Let the lead slip,10th.
                  Fulham 1 Chelsea 3. Schurrle 16 minute 2nd half hat trick keeps CFC on top of the pile..
                  Hull City 1 Newcastle United 4. Super away day,back to back wins,8th.
                  Southampton 0 Liverpool 3. Comprehensive defeat at the hands of the now 2nd placed team.
                  Leicester City 3 Charlton Athletic 0. Looking nailed on for the Prenier League.
                  Millwall 0 Brighton 1. Closing in on the play offs.
                  Sheffield Wednesday 1 Middlesbrough 0. Very late penalty,heading for mid table safety.
                  Wolves 3 Port Vale 0. Now top of the table
                  Fleetwood Town 0 Wimbledon 0. A good point v a top 6 team,12th.
                  Hartlepool United 3 Torquay United 0. Play offs within reach.
                  Northampton Town 0 Bristol Rovers 0. Points dropped v the 2nd bottom side,17th.
                  York City 2 Exeter City 1. Play off contenders all of a sudden.
                  Hereford United 0 Wrexham 2. Forum derby,Wrexham up to 13th,Bulls on a dreadful run,edging ever closer to danger.
                  Sutton United 2 Chelmsford 0. A tough looking game against a top 3 team,down to 15th.,
                  Leamington 2 Stockport County 1. Yet again we let a lead slip,not 'appy.
                  St Albans 1 Truro City 3. Surprising but welcome win v the top 3 side,up to 17th.

Swansea City v Crystal Palace and Coventry City v Shrewsbury Town take place tomorrow.
                  Great round up ER, Many Thanks.
                  3 0 really flattered liverpool, but they stuck their chances away and we didn't.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Thanks ass ever for the great service you give us, Rob! Strange how a telling off from the owner to Pardew, means a two match win in a row!! Hmm don't think the head butt from the Toon manager was really good though!
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

what did Jose say at half time? he says he said nowt but Schurle said it was very short and unrepeatable on the telly!

thanks EdgeleyRob ... good to see Brighton plugging away ...
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aeolium
                        • Nov 2010

Thanks again ER. Dreadful results for my teams yesterday, Inverness stuffed out of sight and Hereford dropping like a stone. What's happening to Saints these days?!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

ER, I know you and I support the same team, but I do still wonder whether the term "forum teams" isn't a bit cliquey? There are known supporters of the teams you (and I) like to see in small print, but…

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                            Thanks again ER. Dreadful results for my teams yesterday, Inverness stuffed out of sight and Hereford dropping like a stone. What's happening to Saints these days?!
                            Not taking chances is the biggest problem. Also had a couple of injuries to key players, EG Lovren, our best CB was back from injury yesterday, looked off the pace against a lightening fast attack.

We really could have got something out of yesterdays game if J Rod and Lallana hadn't missed great first half chances when we were totally dominating. Also had a stonewall penalty turned down at 0-0, and the margins are fine at this level.
                            Team is playing great football, so results will return.
                            We are also a bit light of attacking options off the bench since Osvaldo was sent packing back to Italy, too late for a replacement to be brought in.

Thanks for asking though !!

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              ER, I know you and I support the same team, but I do still wonder whether the term "forum teams" isn't a bit cliquey? There are known supporters of the teams you (and I) like to see in small print, but…
                              but... nothing - what's your problem Alps - anyone not interested as with any other thread will not participate - anyone who's team isn't there edge is happy to add to the forum - and the nearest anyone gets to being hurt is usually down to the performance of their team over a 90 minute period.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Swoon!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X