• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

...... little hitlers innit
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

A rare visit for Alison to a football match these days.

Really quite thrilling action at Upton Park and just a shame that Leicester City lost.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        A rare visit for Alison to a football match these days.

Really quite thrilling action at Upton Park and just a shame that Leicester City lost.
        sounded like a good game to pick.....I gather Leicester were unlucky.

The Championship is in a lot of ways much more exciting and unpredictable than the PL....although the ticket prices can be steep at certain grounds.

Only thing i really miss about the Pl is seeing some of the worlds great players...though when you have Adam Lallana and Sir Richard of Lambert in your team, its almost as good !!
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
          • Nov 2010

My West Ham buddy says he far prefers watching games in the Championship !

I am encouraged to pop up to Leicester sometime. The word from there suggests a
          Kevin Keegan/Lee Clarke managerial team. (not sure about that !)

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

I dipped my toe down south and went with my uncle to Turf Moor to see Burnley/ Blackpool. Really enjoyable - good atmosphere and great goals. Ross Wallace's free kick was a topper. Blackpool came out second half - think they'd got a right ballin' out and Ferguson got his foot on the ball and Burnley's keeper had a few good saves. But we got a perfect view of Burnley's third - excellent team goal. Of course the whole thing was helped that Burnley's my Uncle's team. They're mid table but if they win their game in hand they could jump about 8 places. Now that's tight.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

We have Stoke tonight! They couldnt leave it so late to have a league game could they! We need to have a win today!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Stockport 3 part-time Hayes and Yeading 3 . We were 3-1 up at one stage. A new low.No stopping Newcastle and Southampton though which is good news for BBM and TS.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  Stockport 3 part-time Hayes and Yeading 3 . We were 3-1 up at one stage. A new low.No stopping Newcastle and Southampton though which is good news for BBM and TS.

oh dear ER...not a good days work.

I had a very nice day out at the Ricoh. We managed to make it interesting but chucking away a 2 goal lead, but won it with a superb goal. Fingers crossed on injuries, and we could just do it. Long way to go yet.

Have to say, coventry look like a club in an unstoppable decline. The fans (those that are left) look resigned to a relegation struggle at best. After all those years in the top flight its a sorry sight.
                  Perhaps a couple of decent loan signings and a few wins will have sky blues fans flocking back....but I doubt it. The Ricoh is still a good stadium though, and will one day be a basis for a revival of fortunes.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Talking of Newcastle, this is pretty dismal stuff:

Newcastle United rename St James' Park the Sports Direct Arena after owner Mike Ashley's company.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                      Talking of Newcastle, this is pretty dismal stuff:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15668207.stm
                      had to check it wasn't the first day of April.

Th only funny bit is imagining the Geordies reaction !!

Sad, in a minor way.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

ah well the big money is not going to last in football with any luck .... if there is an economic collapse that is, perhaps too high a price to pay to return the game to the fans?
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aeolium
                          • Nov 2010

Dagestan is the place to be, Calum, if you want to make a few bob. Next stop for Tevez?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Update on 429. The Toon Army reaction. As my favourite big club in the North, I sympathise.

Newcastle United fans react with anger to the decision to rename St James' Park the Sports Direct Arena.

Bets are now on for the year in which Britain's cities will be renamed - "yes I am travelling up to Sports Direct on Tyne tomorrow but will be stopping off for a spot of lunch in Ricoh and an afternoon tea and crumpet in Keepmoat on the way".

Funny how you can say "Emirates" and even "Stella Artois" to your heart's content on 5 Live but can't mention Heinz or Utterly Butterly anywhere on the network. Would be interesting to see the rules on such things. If there are any.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

love the idea of the "utterly butterly" stadium.

Anyway, very poor display of refereeing at SMS yesterday, ref gave 1 wrong pen, failed to give 2 blatant ones..........but the better team wom.

I really do think video replays for big decisions need to be introduced.

Stoke got a very raw deal yesterday also.(and wigan).

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Saw the incidents on the football league show, you didn't need a video to see it was outside the box.I think he didn't give the obvious ones to make it right.
                                Any chance we can have Ricardo back ?, we taught him all he knows

Comment

Working...
                                X