Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    What a stupid thing to do - kicking (or at least physically tussling with) the ball-boy.
    Having said that, I think the 17-year old in question should be demoted to some task that ensures that he is no longer involved with actual games.
    I never watch football but feel I have to apologise on behalf of Wales for the ballboy in the Swansea v Chelsea match. At first I thought he must have misunderstood and that it was a rugby match he was involved with. Now, it turns out that he tweeted that he was going to employ time wasting tactics and, furthermore, it seems he's the son of the 32nd richest man in Wales and is a right spoilt brat (allegedly)
    However, Hazard shouldn't have kicked but should have called the Ref over to point out what was going on.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Swansea are a delight to watch and deserve success ....interesting final against Bradford with Superman in goal!

les bleus were les mis last night; scoring/skin/ricepudding etc ...
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• John Wright
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Hazard shouldn't have kicked but should have called the Ref over to point out what was going on.
        That's right, and the ref would then likely have added 2 minutes on the clock to make up the ballboy's time-wasting, time enough for Chelsea to score twice
        - - -

John W

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          What a stupid thing to do - kicking (or at least physically tussling with) the ball-boy.

Having said that, I think the 17-year old in question should be demoted to some task that ensures that he is no longer involved with actual games.
          It was thoroughly stupid and unprofessional ... but when I was a lad ball-boys were little boys not youths.

Frankly, I thought the ball 'boy' deserved a good kick in the ribs.

These ball 'boys' are there to collect the ball not be a rugby extra for the home team.

I'd heavily fine Swansea and give Hazard a two-game ban for unprofessionalism.

The way the once honourable game of football has now become the almost accepted game for cheats, whether it be player or 'ball-boy', is deeply depressing.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
            It was thoroughly stupid and unprofessional ... but when I was a lad ball-boys were little boys not youths.

Frankly, I thought the ball 'boy' deserved a good kick in the ribs.

These ball 'boys' are there to collect the ball not be a rugby substitute for the home team.

I'd heavily fine Swansea and give Hazard a two-game ban for unprofessionalism.

The way the once honourable game of football has now become the almost accepted game for cheats, whether it be player or 'ball-boy', is deeply depressing.
            I'd prosecute Hazard for common assault.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
              I thought it was more Laurel and Hardy - Hazardy should just have given the ballboy a good tickle.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Word
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                But that's because you support Manchester United .

I'd like to know why the BBC haven't shown the incident from the angle that, though only shown once during the live broadcast, clearly shows the ball and Hazard making contact with the ball and not the boy. Instead we see the view that shows the football popping out once Hazard has kicked it and, complete with close-up, the angle from which you can't see the ball at all so it looks as if Hazard has kicked the boy.
                At best disappointing, at worst dishonest.

(... and the English FA seems intent on proving that no farce is complete without them ).

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

.............Breaking news...............

Manchester United have offered Swansea City ball boy Charlie Morgan a contract.
                  It seems he can hold on to the ball longer than De Gea.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

pre round up....
                    Norwich sensationally dumped out of cup.
                    And i bet AG wishes he had come down south for todays game. Poor old pompey.......

And its an exotic managerial appointment for the Cheshire Hatters.....
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      pre round up....
                      And i bet AG wishes he had come down south for todays game. Poor old pompey.......

Just need to learn how to pronounce his name and come up with a chant http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/...431672,00.html

Full round up just as soon as Fulham dump Manyoo out of the cup.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                        Just need to learn how to pronounce his name and come up with a chant http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/...431672,00.html

you think YOU have problems in that regard.....
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

pre round up....

Well I never .........I was beginning to think I'd never see 3 points again never mind 3 away points......

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            Well I never .........I was beginning to think I'd never see 3 points again never mind 3 away points......
                            nottarf krap is always a good place to go if you need points. All is not lost yet, AG.....

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

nottarf krap ...
                              OMG it 50 odd years of footie I've never heard that - most excellent ..........but I think all is lost dear friend.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                                Thursday.

AFC Wimbledon 2 Port Vale 2.Honours even in the forum derby.

Today.

Huddersfield Town 1 Leicester City 1
                                QPR 2 franchise fc 4
                                Manyoo 4 Fulham 1
                                Partick Thistle 2 Cowdenbeath 1
                                Charlton Athletic 1 Sheffield Wednesday 2.The Owls needed that.
                                Portsmouth 1 Hartlepool United 3.Great result but still looks a lost cause.
                                Preston North End 2 Coventry City 2
                                Gillingham 1 York City 1
                                Rotherham United 1 Bristol Rovers 3.Cracking away win for the bottom team.
                                Truro City 1 Chelmsford 2.Another forum derby.
                                Southport 1 Wrexham 3

No game for Newcastle,Southampton,Crystal Palace,Hereford,Stockport,Aberstwyth.
                                Chelsea and St Mirren tomorrow.

Oh yes,a special mention for Luton Town.
                                Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 26-01-13, 23:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X