X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

no worries EdgeleyRob .... it was a result i am glad to miss! ...oddly pleased for WBA though they are doing very well with Steve Clark [ex Chelsea player and assistant to the Special One]

it was a good result for Soton; i think Mark Hughes is a jinx ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Sorry didn't realise we had a QPR fan on board (and Fulham post #2307).
      Both teams added to the list.

Also just realised I missed Chelsea losing at West Brom 2-1 from my original round up(sorry Calum).
      This thread is becoming a victim of it's own success !!
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        This thread is becoming a victim of it's own success !!
        Well, it's certainly a breath of fresh air!

I have to say, team, I thought the Saints (English) performance was the finest of the weekend.

How come a side that can play such fine, skilful football finds itself in the relegation zone?

Surely for not much longer ...

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
          Steve Clark
          Old St Mirren man too, Calum - long may he continue to teach all that he learned in hallowed Love St days.
          Last edited by johncorrigan; 18-11-12, 23:46. Reason: mind you it's not doin' Paul Lambert much good just now!

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Sorry didn't realise we had a QPR fan on board (and Fulham post #2307).
            Both teams added to the list.

Also just realised I missed Chelsea losing at West Brom 2-1 from my original round up(sorry Calum).
            edge - I reckon you'll be giving us a full classified plus non-league extras before the end of the season.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
              Well, it's certainly a breath of fresh air!

I have to say, team, I thought the Saints (English) performance was the finest of the weekend.

How come a side that can play such fine, skilful football finds itself in the relegation zone?

Surely for not much longer ...
              Easy...you can't survive in the PL with a below standard defence. We probably missed out on a defensive target or two in the summer....and really we have made a couple of really telling mistakes(such as gifting Swansea an equaliser last week.) That said, top 4 clubs will be after our two full backs before long......

Our football is a pleasure to watch,as it was last season and having Jack Cork back helps...he is such a good player...always uses the ball well.
              If they stick to their principles, have a fair run of the luck (not had a pen yet this season)..then we may well be OK.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                • Nov 2010

Returned from two weeks away in a warmer clime to find BBC DG gone, brass monkey weather but above all (pinch me) Eeaagles flying high in the Championship.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

couldn't have picked a better fortnight eh!
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

>>>We probably missed out on a defensive target or two in the summer..

And I do believe that the manager made some critical errors with substitions earlier in the season ...

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      edge - I reckon you'll be giving us a full classified plus non-league extras before the end of the season.
                      It's becoming a full time job,maybe I should just point everyone in the direction of final score or sky sports news.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                        >>>We probably missed out on a defensive target or two in the summer..

And I do believe that the manager made some critical errors with substitions earlier in the season ...
                        Well he might have made the odd one, but they are a gamble...and usually his are superb. Even Mrs TS (part time fan) commented on how often we score after he makes a substitution...like on Saturday, when I certainly thought a striker for a striker was the move, he brought on a midfielder for a striker, and ...goal !!
                        and his substitution certainly got us a point against Fulham.
                        Nige is brilliant !!
                        Last edited by teamsaint; 19-11-12, 21:45.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Juventus 3 Chelsea 0 (the end for Di Matteo ?)
                          Colchester United 1 Coventry City 3
                          Hartlepool United 1 Oldham Athletic 2 (grim times for Hartlepool)
                          Port Vale 4 Bristol Rovers 0
                          Braintree Town 1 Wrexham 5 (WOW)
                          Eastleigh v Truro City postponed
                          Hayes and Yeading 3 Chelmsford City 0

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Thanks ER. Good to see Cov perking up, especially as pompey are up soon for them.

And great to see no "Portsmouth point " tonight.
                            Last edited by teamsaint; 21-11-12, 08:07.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

ciaio roberto ...

omigod it was awful

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                                ciaio roberto ...

omigod it was awful
                                OMG Calum you could soon be going through managers at the Hartlepool rate!

Comment

Working...
                                X