X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    For nine minutes it looked as if my weekly supermarket shop would be paid for
    by Sainty's team. What a shame !

At least Nigel avoided the much feared home defeat.
    Fine margins.
    Schwarzer saving Arteta's penalty at the emirates did for my accumulator today.

Comment

• aeolium
      • Nov 2010

Thanks for the roundup, ER. Another burglary job by Hereford on a top Conference team (sorry, am51) - if only battling HMRC were as easy... Perhaps they need to rename themselves as Vodafone FC.

Generally not a great day for the board teams though, with a few exceptions.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
        Thanks for the roundup, ER. Another burglary job by Hereford on a top Conference team (sorry, am51) - if only battling HMRC were as easy... Perhaps they need to rename themselves as Vodafone FC.

Generally not a great day for the board teams though, with a few exceptions.
        Cheers aeolium - Hereford scored their winner 43 seconds into extra time

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Cheers aeolium - Hereford scored their winner 43 seconds into extra time
          Amsy....I think you will find that is "Added time" !!

I was disappointed recently to discover that "Ungentlemanly conduct" has been replaced with something like "Unsporting behaviour".

Particularly disappointing in the Women's world cup, where a pedantic ref could have had a field day !
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            Amsy....I think you will find that is "Added time" !!

I was disappointed recently to discover that "Ungentlemanly conduct" has been replaced with something like "Unsporting behaviour".

Particularly disappointing in the Women's world cup, where a pedantic ref could have had a field day !
            You're right teams - a senior moment, I was struggling for the correct term and came up with the wrong one

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              You're right teams - a senior moment, I was struggling for the correct term and came up with the wrong one
              although "Fergie time" is now the most commonly used description.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                Good thing there in no Leeds fan on our little board...very hard to wish them well really . but we would manage it...wouldn't we?
                Not from this laptop! - and I'd love to have seen the expressionb on Colin's face.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  Best wishes to the injured lad,I'm sure York will be fine this season Lat,comfortably mid-table.
                  Thanks Rob for the good wishes. Unfortunately, the performance today was abysmal. Hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Latest results (a bit late,I was busy yesterday).

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 1
                    Newcastle United 0 West Ham United 1

Good luck York City in their cup replay tonight (live on tv).

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Although I would like to see York City do well, I would like Wimbledon to have the opportunity to trounce the traitorous MK Dons.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                        Although I would like to see York City do well, I would like Wimbledon to have the opportunity to trounce the traitorous MK Dons.
                        I agree.
                        Forum loyalty says York City,but I'd love to see AFC Wimbledon defeat franchise fc.
                        (now 2-2 btw in extra time).

AFC Wimbledon 4 York City 3
                        Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 12-11-12, 23:29. Reason: full time

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Well they have now done their bit to make that an opportunity.

In some ways, the sending off was the turning point. To have to play at a numerical disadvantage for 85 minutes isn't easy. Still, while losing a player early on, the Minstermen could have won the match but wasted too many chances.

Mixed feelings. For me, staying in the league is more important. This was a more effective and passionate performance from York than on the weekend. The match showed that the players haven't completely lost it and there will be good performances there.

At the same time, a key player has been lost because of injury, a few too many goals are being let in and it would have been helpful to have had the money that effectively went to the winners last night.
                          Last edited by Guest; 13-11-12, 07:39.

Comment

• scottycelt

Scotland Yard has now dropped its investigation into referee Mark Clattenburg for allegedly using 'inappropriate language' in the direction of a millionaire professional footballer.

Was this the most absurd, time-wasting investigation ever undertaken in the history of the most famous police force in the world ?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Well - a Wimbledon derby in the 2nd round of the FA Cup. Who'd have thought it? I would be so thrilled if AFC Wimbledon could beat MK Dons.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Well - a Wimbledon derby in the 2nd round of the FA Cup. Who'd have thought it? I would be so thrilled if AFC Wimbledon could beat MK Dons.
                                As would 99% of football fans EA (not mk dons, plastic dons btw).
                                Surely this will be televised?.
                                Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 13-11-12, 23:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X