Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    They must have just drawn the names out of a hat,there's no other possible explanation surely.
    I feel Rob that we need an icon with arms outstretched to the effect 'your guess is as good as mine'.

If you are right, we are lucky that we have the Euro champions, at least three decent teams from Central and South America who not all of us have seen recently, although I see that the last gold medal winners Argentina are absent (!), and both Senegal and Japan who have been of some interest in past World Cup events.

On seeing Spain there, I did wonder initially if these were winners of various competitions, but Zambia won the Africa Nations Cup 2012 so that can't be the reason. Interestingly, Gabon was one of the two host nations which could suggest that it was all about contacts but then the other co-hosts were Equatorial Guinea and they aren't included!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
      I feel Rob that we need an icon with arms outstretched to the effect 'your guess is as good as mine'.

If you are right, we are lucky that we have the Euro champions, at least three decent teams from Central and South America who not all of us have seen recently, although I see that the last gold medal winners Argentina are absent (!), and both Senegal and Japan who have been of some interest in past World Cup events.

On seeing Spain there, I did wonder initially if these were winners of various competitions, but Zambia won the Africa Nations Cup 2012 so that can't be the reason. Interestingly, Gabon was one of the two host nations which could suggest that it was all about contacts but then the other co-hosts were Equatorial Guinea and they aren't included!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

(I haven't had a letter yet informing me when I am due to play tennis against Federer. Must be another admin error.)

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post

(I haven't had a letter yet informing me when I am due to play tennis against Federer. Must be another admin error.)
          Smileys for every occasion Lat http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php.

Seriously though,what a great question re the olympic football.

Comment

• John Wright
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
            FH got the away goal and in fact won 1-0, so 3-1 agg. Uefa site notes that son-in-law Danny started, don't know if subbed.

So next round sees them flying out to Sweden for game against AIK, next Thursday!
            And yes, son in law's team FH playing AIK tonight, just watching second half on Eurosports channel 411! He's No 6, left back.
            - - -

John W

Comment

• John Wright
              • Mar 2007

1-1 good result, keeps them ahead for second leg next week.

Danny did OK but couldn't jump for the cross that got AIK goal, then got booked for time-wasting
              - - -

John W

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

sounds like a good evenings work , John.
                Have to take one for the team sometimes! Great that the game was on the telly too.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• John Wright
                  • Mar 2007

Ach! Danny's FH lost 2nd leg 0-1, so they're out of the Europa. Oh well, concentrate on the league now, they're currently 2nd with a game in hand...
                  - - -

John W

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

That's a shame JW,let's hope they win the league.

Comment

• John Wright
                      • Mar 2007

Yeah. Because he's working so hard over there we've decided to visit him in Iceland (that'll be our summer holiday!). Our daughter and grand-daughter get to go free. For me and Mrs W flying from Manchester and staying a week at the Radisson it'll cost us £1400 !

(to be honest I'd rather have a week in Iceland, not a week in the searing heat of the Mediterranaean which is what Mrs W was talkiing about a while ago.....)
                      - - -

John W

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

West Brom are set to unveil a statue to immortalise the Baggies iconic Three Degrees of Cyrille Regis, Brendon Batson and the late Laurie Cunningham. The monument will be erected in West Bromwich to celebrate the achievements of the players who pioneered the way for black footballers in this country in the late 1970s.
                        from bbc footie gossip

what a good idea!
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                          from bbc footie gossip

what a good idea!
                          Ironic that their manager fell from grace as a pundit because of racist comments.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

indeed but that was big ron ....
                            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

well that was an appalling damp squib exit by Team GB from the Olympics Football Competition ... they utterly failed to show the commitment and talent of their sporting colleagues in the other sports, truly pathetic ...... spoilt kids in comparison. ..

,,and what is Ramsay doing in the team? ... his contribution to the other side was considerable in both the last two games .... why is he rated at all?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

I think your right there Calum! They earn far too much money and not there for the football. So not as committed as their sporting colleagues!! Shame on them!!
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X