Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Intending to have 24 teams next time....

....or 23 plus Holland....
    bong ching

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post

Comment

• aeolium
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post

Bad move, though. The quality in the World Cup declined when they increased the number of qualifiers and it's not surprising that the 2010 tournament with 32 qualifiers was probably the worst ever (compare the 1970 one with 16 finalists). There were some pretty poor teams even in Euro 2012, with 16 - how will it get better with 8 more?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
          Bad move, though. The quality in the World Cup declined when they increased the number of qualifiers and it's not surprising that the 2010 tournament with 32 qualifiers was probably the worst ever (compare the 1970 one with 16 finalists). There were some pretty poor teams even in Euro 2012, with 16 - how will it get better with 8 more?
          Scotland might qualify.

Antonio, a psychic polar bear in Gelsenkirchen Zoo upset his keepers by correctly picking Italy to beat Germany in the semi-final. However, the Golden Paw award goes to Maya the Otter who not only got the right result in every match including the final but beat the previous record set by Paul the Octopus in 2008 with five out of six correct answers.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-07-12, 11:07.

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
            Scotland might qualify.
            That otter happen Lat....if they raise the qualifying to 64!

On the subject of Spain winning in Brazil, I have to say that their team don't look over the hill - did I hear someone say last night that Iniesta is still only 28? - and that guy who scored the magnificent second goal is only 23. Big loss might be that at some point Iker Casillas will hang up the gloves - the concentration required to play for a team like that must be immense - he's probably better than Buffon, who looked bemused last night - not that he could have done much about it.

Comment

• John Wright
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
              Well, that's Eurpe over and done with now

Eh, no it's not,

Official in-depth guide to UEFA Europa League 2012/13, including results, stats and video highlights.

And proud to say, my son-in-law is playing Danny Thomas.

After a low-paid season with lowly Tamworth he opted for playing a summer season. His agent said how about FH Hafnarfjördur (Iceland). Well they did win their league last season and that qualifies them for the UefaEuropa qualifying rounds. Two games in July, opposition are from Leichtenstein and Sweden.

And yes, we are excited!

- - -

John W

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

A masterpiece of a goal,and the commentator liked it I think.

I wonder how Roy Hodgson and Gary Neville are going to get England to play like this?.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
                  Eh, no it's not,

Official in-depth guide to UEFA Europa League 2012/13, including results, stats and video highlights.

After a low-paid season with lowly Tamworth he opted for playing a summer season. His agent said how about FH Hafnarfjördur (Iceland). Well they did win their league last season and that qualifies them for the UefaEuropa qualifying rounds. Two games in July, opposition are from Leichtenstein and Sweden.

And yes, we are excited!

well please keep us up to date John. Would be good to know how the team get on.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• John Wright
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Yes I certainly will. FH have had a good season so far, are top of the league, they won 7-2 on Saturday. Danny's a winger and assisted one goal.
                    - - -

John W

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

I hear Alex McCleish is up for the Barclays job....

....unfortunately Ken Bates is up for the chairmanship....
                      bong ching

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                        A masterpiece of a goal,and the commentator liked it I think.
                        I think it's Usain Bolt who should be worried Rob - unbelievable speed from Jordi Alba - and the precision of the pass, breathtaking - absolutely the goal of the tournament for me.

On the subject of the Europa cup, one of my colleagues is booked to see St Johnstone in Turkey in the middle of the month - only thing is that they don't know who or where they're playing yet - they know they're playing in Turkey - Court of arbitration for sport decision awaits apparently.

Comment

• AmpH
                          • Feb 2012

Goal line technology - decision imminent.

On Thursday a vote will be held to choose which goal-line technology will be used in world football. Fittingly enough, it's a battle between England and Germany.

Will it be adopted and if so by whom ? Platini against it because he believes it would be the thin end of the wedge - once you start where do you stop - offsides ? handballs ? etc etc Surely it would be better than the extra assistants which have been tried ( and didn't work - Ukraine v England ! )

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Well, surely for offisdes and handballs, etc, as a vdeo be playing this, why cant they have immediate access?
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• John Wright
                              • Mar 2007

On Thursday in the first leg against Eschen, Danny's team (FH) won 2-1. Away leg is next week, they fly to Leichtenstein and staying 3 nights! (I think they are taking this campaign seriously!!)

If they win or draw that game then the next round opposition are in Sweden......

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Originally posted by John Wright
                              http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague...aws/index.html

And yes, we are excited!
                              - - -

John W

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
                                On Thursday in the first leg against Eschen, Danny's team (FH) won 2-1. Away leg is next week, they fly to Leichtenstein and staying 3 nights! (I think they are taking this campaign seriously!!)

If they win or draw that game then the next round opposition are in Sweden......
                                decent result...looks like they might need an away goal though. Still, something to work with.
                                Thanks for the update John.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X