X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
    Well done Theo, well done Welbeck, and very well done Roy Hodgson. Absolutely delighted with the result.
    Never in doubt, even at 1-2

Comment

• JohnSkelton

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Never in doubt, even at 1-2
      Never in doubt, even at 0-2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YM7TD2un1Q

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JohnSkelton View Post
        Never in doubt, even at 0-2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YM7TD2un1Q

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

the media, and consequently quite a lot of fans really do talk rubbish about Theo.
            " he has been living on his debut against Croatia for 6 years" being 1 example.
            He in't the greatest player ever...he may perhaps not have lived up to his initial hype..but people who actually watch him (Arsenal fans for instance) see what he offers and know how good he is. I doubt that the sweden right back was that thrilled to see Milner going off (although he did play quite well).
            perhaps at last they will get off Theo's back with their "no end product" drivel....though lawro now has him down as am eternal supersub. idiot.
            As for the team...some nice moments , but a really good team will take our defence apart....Johnson is a liability , and Lescott is a plodder at best.Still 4 points from 2 games is good going for this squad.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

But we need to win the Ukraine game by a convincing margin if we are to avoid Spain in the next round.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                the media, and consequently quite a lot of fans really do talk rubbish about Theo.
                " he has been living on his debut against Croatia for 6 years" being 1 example.
                He in't the greatest player ever...he may perhaps not have lived up to his initial hype..but people who actually watch him (Arsenal fans for instance) see what he offers and know how good he is. I doubt that the sweden right back was that thrilled to see Milner going off (although he did play quite well).
                perhaps at last they will get off Theo's back with their "no end product" drivel....though lawro now has him down as am eternal supersub. idiot.
                As for the team...some nice moments , but a really good team will take our defence apart....Johnson is a liability , and Lescott is a plodder at best.Still 4 points from 2 games is good going for this squad.
                Is Lawrenson's low volume mumbling getting worse? Half the time I can't hear him other than the cackle of laughter which can be heard even though he turns his microphone off when it happens. Still, his ill-timed comment about Walcott did come across.

Lawrenson: Enjoying happier times with (football) fanatic Tony Blair

From Norman Whiteside onwards, the media have been fawning in regard to very young home nations players. And then came Theo Walcott when for some peculiar reason a new "look, mouth and gift horse" policy commenced. Actually, I do know the reason. Theo's inclusion at 17 in the 2006 England squad was resented, not least because while others were omitted he didn't kick a ball. That, according to the media, was favouritism. But at the time, I called it diabolical treatment from Eriksson, the kind that was disruptive to a player with brilliant promise and could even have been disastrous had he been played. I still believe that to be true.

As he is only 23 now, there is still plenty of time for heroism.

Eriksson: England's second most "successful" manager since Ramsey

This newspaper article reveals another "really helpful" and "diplomatically sensitive" intervention from Sven - "It's like a derby to them. That makes Sweden a nasty rival. And I don't think I have to remind you that the games in 2002 and 2006 ended in a great English disappointment." With friends like that, who needs enemies. - http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sp...-16172878.html.
                Last edited by Guest; 16-06-12, 10:26.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                  But we need to win the Ukraine game by a convincing margin if we are to avoid Spain in the next round.
                  Yes probably Eine. Many will be hoping during the next set of matches for victories from teams that ordinarily they would prefer to lose. But knowing the way these things can go, England could do spectacularly well and still then get Spain if they have an off day. That would be pretty dire but so far we have unusually had some luck. Whatever the case, I have vivid memories of watching a certain very long match in the Highbury Barn on 22 June 1996 so you never know, although this Spanish team is in a different class.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Now the tournament gets really exciting,we can soon start filling in the little league tables on our wallcharts.

I'm off to get a life.

Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 16-06-12, 18:58.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Amazing Rob. You've found the one second of quality from ITV this year. Incidentally, did the psychic fish predict the Greek victory against Russia or was it tuned into the "we picked the wrong game" catastrophe on BBC1?

A psychic fish is the latest animal to predict football results ahead of Euro 2012 football tournament. Report by Lindsay Brown. Like us on Facebook at http:...

And yes, here finally is the moment everyone has been waiting for. The wall chart that you are kindly going to fill in for the forum. What better accompaniment could there be to that unauthorised clip of my sister.

Comment

• AmpH
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                        Amazing Rob. You've found the one second of quality from ITV this year. Incidentally, did the psychic fish predict the Greek victory against Russia or was it tuned into the "we picked the wrong game" catastrophe on BBC1?

A psychic fish is the latest animal to predict football results ahead of Euro 2012 football tournament. Report by Lindsay Brown. Like us on Facebook at http:...

And yes, here finally is the moment everyone has been waiting for. The wall chart that you are kindly going to fill in for the forum. What better accompaniment could there be to that unauthorised clip of my sister.

Great wall chart , but have you seen Rooney

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

After watching Russia demolish Czech Rep in that first game it seems incredible that they are now out of the tournament.
                          Greece qualified ahead of Russia with an inferior goal difference due to the head to head rule.

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                          Great wall chart , but have you seen Rooney

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

After watching Russia demolish Czech Rep in that first game it seems incredible that they are now out of the tournament.
                            Greece qualified ahead of Russia with an inferior goal difference due to the head to head rule.

absurd rule. Russia had the better results. They should go through.
                            Dood old FIFA /UEFA. At least we don't have clots like that running our FA etc.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              absurd rule. Russia had the better results. They should go through.
                              Dood old FIFA /UEFA. At least we don't have clots like that running our FA etc.
                              Very odd rule.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Very odd rule.
                                Utterly absurd. I didn't realise that rule was still current.

Comment

Working...
                                X