• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamba
    Late member
    • Dec 2010

My Friend Guy Brenton - 2

Although we were to spend a week filming in Lourdes we had no intention of staying there. Hence we based ourselves in a small hotel in a village nearby. The first day was spent doing a recce, which by mid-afternoon, under an extremely hot sun had me feeling dizzy & faint. Eventually I was forced to take a seat on the pavement with my back against the wall & pass out ! Came to with a little old lady holding a bottle of smelling salts under my nose. Back to hotel & bed.

Next day not much better, plus extreme pain in head. Insist Guy gets a doctor, which eventually he does. Following the doctor's arrival it appears he & Guy have much in common, which with Guy's ability to speak fluent French is an incentive for them to keep talking. The two of them, by now, appear to be no longer aware of my existence. Eventually, I shout for some attention. The doctor makes a rapid check & as expected, diagnoses sunstroke & is immediately back talking with Guy again. I interfere, " Why do I have such a sharp pain in the top of my head ? Will you please examine me more closely "
    Eventually he does. Then suddenly, whilst feeling my head, expresses great surprise & rushes across the room to Guy, where they engage in a rather strange & secretive whispered conversation, both looking at me from time to time.
    The doctor, then, after giving me ' funny' looks, leaves, having provided Guy with a prescription for the chemist.

I am lying on the bed. Guy approaches, looking very strange, a mixture of incredulity & disbelief on his face.
    He has adopted a theatrical stance, legs apart, arms akimbo. A long pause before he speaks & then, slowly, distinctly & with great solemnity ;

" WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU HAVE A HOLE IN THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD " ?

( an explanation will appear in the next episode )

Sometimes, in looking back I feel I cannot blame anyone for thinking I have invented situations and/or conversation. There is no way of proving the authenticity of anything I have written except to say I would be deeply ashamed if it were not as described.

You must remember I have lived much of my life in association with some very odd people !
  • amateur51

Well I don't know about anyone else but I'm enjoying this hugely, gamba It has all the makings of aof a 50s film starring Michael Redgrave and Margaret Lockwood, with Basil Radford & Naunton Wayne as a distraction, trying to find the latest news of the Test Match

I've already cast Guy Middleton as Guy Brenton - am I close?

I've got John Gregson lined up as you

Keep it coming gamba - I'm hooked
    Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 20-08-13, 14:58. Reason: Assisting with photo-posting....

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gamba View Post
      You must remember I have lived much of my life in association with some very odd people !
      And here you are on the Forum....

Must make a change... or not....

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• gamba
        Late member
        • Dec 2010

Thank you gentlemen - then it was not all in vain !!

your appreciative gamba

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gamba View Post
          Thank you gentlemen - then it was not all in vain !!
          No indeed - this is the perfect... ahem... Forum... for anecdotes in 'part-work' style, Dickensian fashion

Please do keep 'em coming
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Could Alastair Sim be cast as the Doctor?
            Gosh, I cannot wait until Episode 3 !!!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              No indeed - this is the perfect... ahem... Forum... for anecdotes in 'part-work' style, Dickensian fashion

Please do keep 'em coming
              A very welcome addition to the Forum, gamba: many thanks.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• salymap
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

That film was 'The Lady Vanishes'. This is about a gentleman with a hole in his head.

Good stuff gamba, keep them coming.

Comment

• mangerton
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                  That film was 'The Lady Vanishes'. This is about a gentleman with a hole in his head.
                  Aka "trepanning", I believe. I must echo others' comments. Gamba, this is pure dead brilliant, so it is. Can't wait for your next.

Comment

Working...
                  X