X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clive heath
    • Jun 2024

R.I.P. Eydie Gormé

One of my favourite singers, with or without her husband Steve Lawrence.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

finds her in a sad mood contrasting with her surprisingly optimistic vocal quality.
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Thanks for posting this. Sad to hear of her death, she is somehow always associated in my mind with the Jack Jackson show beacuse, I suppose, he featured her recordings on his Saturday show. Lovely voice with a great delivery of the lyrics.

Comment

• clive heath

And here she is on a LP with big band providing a pretty jazzy background to her slightly jazz tinged voice. But be warned she has just that tinge of pathos behind the brassy delivery that could catch the unwary and you could find yourself besotted. I fell many years ago and to my shame I have few of her records apart from the double CD with her husband Steve Lawrence ("No two people..." etc.) and this one.

Clive Heath transcribes 78 records onto CD and gets rid of the crackle.

and you'll find Eydie third on the list. By the way there's about to be a shake up with new titles arriving shortly replacing some of the current selections so if you fancy listening to any of the other tracks, now's your chance.

Comment

Working...
      X