Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnb
    • Mar 2007

Does anyone else remember Ludo's heroic rebellion against the MB mods when they tried to ban any posts not directly relating to Radio 3 programmes?

[Edit]

I've just found a post from ff on the old MBs, dating from 2010:

Ludwig the eco-warrior who did battle with Graeme [the then Moderator] and remains to this day (I think) the poster most modded in a single evening. Was it 38 times?

Comment

• johnb
      • Mar 2007

This thread prompted me to browse the old MBs and I came across the following thread about Barbirolli, ostensibly about a Radio 4 programme on JB but inevitably branching out. Perhaps it's just me but I found reading it quite moving.

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

[Edit] I've just realised that I have an off air recording of the R4 programme the thread refers to: "Barbirolli - Angel of the North".

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

If you made a one-line pleasantry, it was removed. And protests likewise:

I see my Drama on 3 thread has been honoured with special attention and zapped. This is just nonsensical
        ZAP!

It could be very, very frustrating at times. And I see you could have your post removed for linking to a website written IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE Ô les beaux jours!
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Flay
          • Mar 2007

Here is an innovative thread from Scotty: Are People Like Their Favourite Composers?

In it Mary muses that she may or may not be like BB, then she adds:

I'd quite like to have lived with Peter Pears....
          You naughty girl!
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• mercia
            • Nov 2010

is this another of your favourites, Flay ? I wasn't on the old boards so this is all new to me
            The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

on another thread he describes Egdon Heath as someone who encouraged a boy from Broadstairs to become Prime Minister
            Last edited by mercia; 07-08-13, 19:00.

Comment

• Flay
              • Mar 2007

That is a beauty, mercs. Ron Dough and Tombeau were brilliant together
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

I met Ron Dough, down in Brighton for an R3OK meet up, going to a Martle premier(from the R3OK boards). A great shame RD not taking part in discussions, either here or on R3OK.
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

I hope we shall not delve too deeply into the BBC Messageboards. I was modded three or four times.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                    I met Ron Dough, down in Brighton for an R3OK meet up, going to a Martle premier(from the R3OK boards). A great shame RD not taking part in discussions, either here or on R3OK.
                    Yes, I met RD on my way up from Edinburgh to Aberdeen three or four years ago. Lovely day spent hiking in the glens.

Alpers - who wasn't in those days?
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• johnb
                      • Mar 2007

I've just seen this viola joke posted by Cellini (we used to know him here under another name) on the old MBs.

Conductor ill, no one available, so out of desperation the management allow the princ. viola to conduct the concert. It is a big success and as the proper carver is off ill for three weeks, the princ. viola continues to great aclaim.

When proper carver gets back the princ. viola resumes his normal seat, only to be asked by the player on the second desk "where have you been, I haven't seen you for about 3 weeks."

Comment

• Barbirollians
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                        This thread prompted me to browse the old MBs and I came across the following thread about Barbirolli, ostensibly about a Radio 4 programme on JB but inevitably branching out. Perhaps it's just me but I found reading it quite moving.

[Edit] I've just realised that I have an off air recording of the R4 programme the thread refers to: "Barbirolli - Angel of the North".
                        A lovely thread thanks for directing us to it .

Comment

Working...
                        X