If the Royal baby is a girl, should the name 'Jacinta' be one of its names?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

If the Royal baby is a girl, should the name 'Jacinta' be one of its names?!

After all, a woman died as an indirect result of the media storm over its conception. The least the couple could do is insist that she is commentated by attributing one of what will undoubtedly be many names to the woman who died as a result of this child coming into being.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
    After all, a woman died as an indirect result of the media storm over its conception. The least the couple could do is insist that she is commentated by attributing one of what will undoubtedly be many names to the woman who died as a result of this child coming into being.
    It would be a lovely gesture if she were, but I really don't like the "should" in the title, pasty.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

I can't think of a more dreadful burden to saddle the child with. Try to imagine the answer to the question "Why am I called that, mummy?" A completely blameless party to a disgraceful and tragic event (as indeed were the royal couple), the child would have to carry the burden for longest.

Comment

• pastoralguy
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        It would be a lovely gesture if she were, but I really don't like the "should" in the title, pasty.
        I did wonder if I should use 'should' in the title but I can't edit it. (Perhaps the mods can help me here?). The reason I mention it is that I am a nurse and something similar happened to me. (Without going into details I was looking after a patient who was of interest to the media and I was lied to by a very plausible journalist. Fortunately, I realised I was being 'had' before I gave too many details.)

It was a very uncomfortable experience and I still have very uneasy feelings about it but it wasn't on the same scale as this event.

Comment

• pastoralguy
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
          I can't think of a more dreadful burden to saddle the child with.
          As opposed to being no. 3 in line to the throne?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

The reason I mention it is that I am a nurse and something similar happened to me. (Without going into details I was looking after a patient who was of interest to the media and I was lied to by a very plausible journalist. Fortunately, I realised I was being 'had' before I gave too many details.)

It was a very uncomfortable experience and I still have very uneasy feelings about it but it wasn't on the same scale as this event.
            I'm really sorry to hear this, pasty; especially because you feel bad from the disgraceful behaviour of these despicable people.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

I did wonder if I should use 'should' in the title but I can't edit it. (Perhaps the mods can help me here?). The reason I mention it is that I am a nurse and something similar happened to me. (Without going into details I was looking after a patient who was of interest to the media and I was lied to by a very plausible journalist. Fortunately, I realised I was being 'had' before I gave too many details.)

Sounds a very tough experience, pastoralguy.

'Princess Jacinta Leveson Windsor' then?

Comment

• pastoralguy
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                I'm really sorry to hear this, pasty; especially because you feel bad from the disgraceful behaviour of these despicable people.
                I was thinking of paying tribute to the remaining family who must be feeling very strong emotions at this time. There was NO excuse for what these people did but it seems that the victim will simply be forgotten about at this time of public interest and rejoicing.

Comment

• Sir Velo
                  • Oct 2012

I was thinking of paying tribute to the remaining family who must be feeling very strong emotions at this time. There was NO excuse for what these people did but it seems that the victim will simply be forgotten about at this time of public interest and rejoicing.
                  I'm afraid that's life PG, and not even a gesture like this will bring her back.

Comment

• Gordon
                    • Nov 2010

NO!

But I sympathise and, speaking as a leftish republican with no love for royalty, this child and its parents had nothing to do with the tragedy; its family should name it as all families should [and that includes the Middeltons I would hope, not some hi-jacking by the Palace]. What if it had been some over-bloated celebrity's child instead?

If anyone needs to look at their conscience over the Jacinta issue perhaps it's the media and more so the public who have this insane appetite for gossip.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Neither the child nor its parents are remotely responsible for the media storm. That's nothing other than whipped-up hysteria, like the Papal election, the floods at Cockermouth, and other events where reporters are sent for no good reason other that to get in first.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                        • Nov 2010

No but it would be quite a nice gesture for her to be mentioned by the Palace some time soon after the birth.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                          • Nov 2010

'The Palace' doesn't go in for gestures of that nature, unless they feel that not doing so will damage The Firm.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                            • Nov 2010

Indeed
                            The hospital has a lot to answer for rather than blaming the idiots who phoned up etc

but surely it should be Wayne for a boy and Tracey for a girl ?

Comment

• mercia
                              • Nov 2010

"if the baby is a girl ..... " - well it isn't, problem solved

Comment

Working...
                              X