Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
    Well unless I'm about to be hauled before the forum's Marxist-Feminist Central Committee for a mandatory ruling on the issue, I guess that I am still permitted to speak for myself and be free to declare that I think I might just be a teeny-weeny bit wiser than I was in my youth ... ?
    Cripes a self-confessed juvenile thicko?!

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
      The West is of course very happy to provide a platform for Malala Yousafzai to speak out about education and the antediluvian attitudes she and many others are struggling against.

She is not so often quoted in the "free world" on subjects like this (in a statement following her meeting with Barack Obama): I thanked President Obama for the United States' work in supporting education in Pakistan and Afghanistan and for Syrian refugees," she said in the statement. "I also expressed my concerns that drone attacks are fueling terrorism. Innocent victims are killed in these acts, and they lead to resentment among the Pakistani people.
      But education is her chief concern: the sentence which follows immediately on from the piece you quote here is "If we refocus efforts on education it will make a big impact".

If she is 'not so often' quoted in the "free world" on subjects like drone attacks and innocent victims being killed, is it because she doesn't so often speak out on them? The comments were reported in the Washington Post, for example, and by CNN. And published in the Associated Press. One can imagine places not in the "free world" where they would not have been reported at all..
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
        Well unless I'm about to be hauled before the forum's Marxist-Feminist Central Committee for a mandatory ruling on the issue, I guess that I am still permitted to speak for myself and be free to declare that I think I might just be a teeny-weeny bit wiser than I was in my youth ... ?
        Can one be the judge of ones own wisdom ?

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          Can one be the judge of ones own wisdom ?
          Who is better informed and more qualified to judge than oneself, MrGG ... the one and only proud member of the Arbroath Anarchist Activists, I presume?

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Cripes a self-confessed juvenile thicko?!
            No, just the usual excessive and wholly unconvincing self-deprecating modesty, amateur51 ...

Comment

Working...
            X