X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
    Stranger things have happened, oddoneout!

Went to se my cancer doc a couple of days ago and everything is all behaving. The type of cancer I have is not curable but treatable. I seem to be on an even keel!
    Yes, best of luck BBM. We can't do without you around here, you know!

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Many thanks, guys. I do enjoy this Forum rather!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Joseph K
        Banned
        • Oct 2017

Nice Krusty avatar, Ferney.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Thank you, Joseph - I was "inspired" earlier this evening. I'll see if I like it as much once the Lagavulin has worn off tomorrow afternoon.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            Thank you, Joseph - I was "inspired" earlier this evening. I'll see if I like it as much once the Lagavulin has worn off tomorrow afternoon.
            Ferney, you shouldn’t have said Lagavulin! A favourite of mine! Cheers!
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Ferney, you shouldn’t have said Lagavulin! A favourite of mine! Cheers!
              Is that one of they posh whiskies?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Is that one of they posh whiskies?

I think you may call it that!
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

I was given a ten bottle box of Shepherd Neame Spitfire for Christmas! I’m glad the date is a long way off, to be consumed by, as these days, with my liver being what it is, due to to Big C, I’m rather limited to how many I can drink!
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Ah well, next week is the beginning of the New Year, and the beginning of my regular round of appointments, again!
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Ah well, next week is the beginning of the New Year, and the beginning of my regular round of appointments, again!
                      Well our sympathies as always are with you, BBM. At least they're keeping you going. The wonderful folks in NHS I mean. Try to make sure they don't remove any useful part of yourself, it that's at all possible!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        Well our sympathies as always are with you, BBM. At least they're keeping you going. The wonderful folks in NHS I mean. Try to make sure they don't remove any useful part of yourself, it that's at all possible!
                        Indeed SA. I have my infusion treatment on Wednesday, at a hospital just up the road from Castle Plantagenet. So not too bad this one.
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Twelfth Night: tonight, or tomorrow? There seems to be divided opinion on this one. Last year I cleared all my cards and put the Xmas lights away on the 5th, but it made no difference - a year of one disaster after another followed; this year it will have to be tomorrow!

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Twelfth Night: tonight, or tomorrow? There seems to be divided opinion on this one. Last year I cleared all my cards and put the Xmas lights away on the 5th, but it made no difference - a year of one disaster after another followed; this year it will have to be tomorrow!
                            Tomorrow, obvs.( the French tradition is that it is the night before Poulenc’s birthday.)

Anyway, best wishes for a better year S-A.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• vinteuil
                              • Nov 2010

... wiki agrees that opinion is divided :

"In most Western ecclesiastical traditions, Christmas Day is considered the "First Day of Christmas" and the Twelve Days are 25 December – 5 January, inclusive, making Twelfth Night on 5 January. However, in some traditions, days are counted as beginning at sundown, thus making 26 December the first full day of Christmas, putting Twelfth Night on 6 January. In these traditions, Twelfth Night is the same as Epiphany and is also known as the "Thirteenth Day". However, some churches that fall in the latter category consider Twelfth Night to be the eve of the Twelfth Day (in the same way that Christmas Eve comes before Christmas), and thus consider Twelfth Night to be on 5 January.

In 567 the Council of Tours proclaimed that the entire period between Christmas and Epiphany should be considered part of the celebration, creating what became known as the twelve days of Christmas, or what the English called Christmastide. On the last of the twelve days, called Twelfth Night, various cultures developed a wide range of additional special festivities. The variation extends even to the issue of how to count the days. If Christmas Day is the first of the twelve days, then Twelfth Night would be on January 5, the eve of Epiphany. If December 26, the day after Christmas, is the first day, then Twelfth Night falls on January 6, the evening of Epiphany itself."

Comment

• subcontrabass
                                • Nov 2010

Twelfth Night is the EVE of the Twelfth Day and so the night 4/5 January.

Comment

Working...
                                X