X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    Well.......... not if I have taken any that day. I put up with it, so I can have at least a couple!
    Hmm, just been reading about Tramadol/alcohol myself not having heard of it before and this looks pretty dangerous to me. I'd steer well clear.
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Another side effect, I have experienced is nausea and sickness! Yuk!

Apart from that I am not doing too badly, all told. I am still waiting at the bhest of the NHS, re my cataracts, right shoulder and the wedge fracture in my spine, T7.

I thought I would like you all know that I will be on holiday from tomorrow and coming back Friday week. We are going to Duxford, near Cambrdige. The main reason is that the air show there is held this weekend!!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

Sorry to hear about the side effects. I hope things will settle down soon. Have a great holiday and tell us all about it when you come back.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
          Sorry to hear about the side effects. I hope things will settle down soon. Have a great holiday and tell us all about it when you come back.
          Amen to every point, Bbm.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Another side effect, I have experienced is nausea and sickness! Yuk!

Apart from that I am not doing too badly, all told. I am still waiting at the bhest of the NHS, re my cataracts, right shoulder and the wedge fracture in my spine, T7.

I thought I would like you all know that I will be on holiday from tomorrow and coming back Friday week. We are going to Duxford, near Cambrdige. The main reason is that the air show there is held this weekend!!
            Hope all goes well, BBM. Duxford was one of the many places where my late father was stationed during his RAF wartime service.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
              Hope all goes well, BBM. Duxford was one of the many places where my late father was stationed during his RAF wartime service.
              Really? That was a fighter basw, wasn't it?
              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Really? That was a fighter basw, wasn't it?
                It was, yes, but my father was in Bomber Command. In the early part of the war in 1939/40 he was sent to a lot of places throughout the UK before joining the same squadron as the young Tony Benn in Rhodesia. The Tony Benn Diaries don't say a great deal about this period but his and my father's paths didn't cross as my father was elsewhere by the time Benn was sent there.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Have a good time Bbm - looks like good weather's in store over Duxford for your air displays.

Comment

• Pianorak
                    • Nov 2010

Enjoy your visit to Duxford Air Show. You'll also want to visit the IWM - lots to see. Have been there several times over the years.
                    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Had a great time in Duxford. I am third cousin to Sir George Frederick Handley Page, so it was rather special when we went a couple of days after the Sunday show. I managed to see a couple of aircraft under restoration inn a special hanger. One of them just happened to be the same aircraft, we saw last year, in another one! The HP Victor!!So had a good chat with a couple of staff working on the aircraft. When it was time to leave, I had a chat with a couple of the reception staff, who gave me the number of the chief chap in charge of this project!Watch this space!!
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

I have Shingles now!!!! Seems to me that my low immunity is telling me just that! All I need!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

I have Shingles now!!!! Seems to me that my low immunity is telling me just that! All I need!
                          Oh, that's rotten, Bbm - really sorry to hear this and hope your docs manage to sort that out very soon.

I think it's horrible how many "extras" have been added to your main illness (as if that wasn't bad enough) - and I really hope that 2018 sees everything cleared away. (I'd add a <hug> emoticon, except that I know how agonising hugs are for someone with shingles - so I'll make do with instead.)

Very best wishes, sir.
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            Oh, that's rotten, Bbm - really sorry to hear this and hope your docs manage to sort that out very soon.

I think it's horrible how many "extras" have been added to your main illness (as if that wasn't bad enough) - and I really hope that 2018 sees everything cleared away. (I'd add a <hug> emoticon, except that I know how agonising hugs are for someone with shingles - so I'll make do with instead.)

Very best wishes, sir.
                            Thanks Ferney! Much appreciated.
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Stanfordian
                              • Dec 2010

Hiya Maestro,

Sorry to hear about the shingles. With one more chemo session left I too have been experiencing several unpleasant side effects connected to my low immunity. It's helping my morale to plan ahead to 2018.

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

I have only had a bout of shingles once. Decidedly unpleasant. At least it acted to confirm a misdiagnosis of decades earlier when chicken pox was mistaken for an allergic reaction by my GP at that time. I hate to think how many I infected through attending a concert at the QEH when the infection would have been at its most communicative.

Back to shingles itself, fortunately these days there are antiviral treatments to help limit its impact. I wish you a speedy recovery. Have you taken to wearing dark glasses?

Comment

Working...
                                X