• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
    All the best! Report back please!
    Reporting back BBM.

Scan clear, lung functioning very well, my cancer nurse pleased today with my progress at the two-year stage; next appointment October/November.

I feel well. My weight is stable at 10.02, I sleep like a log and I'm walking and swimming regularly. I'm preparing to get back to golf after a two-year lay off. I'm reading, listening and generally being normally healthy, and I don't think anyone in my family is overly concerned about me now.

I hope you are well, BBM, and I thank you, Richard and ferney for the good wishes.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Excellent news, Padraig - very glad to hear it.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
        Reporting back BBM.

Scan clear, lung functioning very well, my cancer nurse pleased today with my progress at the two-year stage; next appointment October/November.

I feel well. My weight is stable at 10.02, I sleep like a log and I'm walking and swimming regularly. I'm preparing to get back to golf after a two-year lay off. I'm reading, listening and generally being normally healthy, and I don't think anyone in my family is overly concerned about me now.

I hope you are well, BBM, and I thank you, Richard and ferney for the good wishes.
        Well that's excellent news, very cheering. Thanks for letting us all know.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Reporting back BBM.

Excellent news. May your next vists go as well.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
            • Jan 2016

Excellent news, Padraig, thanks for that. And Bbm too of course!

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post

Great news. I hope Padraig doesn't mind but I've just used his experience to give a degree of comfort to an acquaintance facing similar medical issues.

Comment

• Joseph K
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

Pleased to hear this, Padraig.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Just when you thought it was safe to get back into the water, I’m back from my holiday!
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                      Just when you thought it was safe to get back into the water, I’m back from my holiday!
                      Hurrah!
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• LezLee
                        • Apr 2019

"On a lighter side, ahem, two young women in the office where I once worked came in wearing "Cover your boobs with Tippex" slogans, and the line manager ordered them home!"

It was actually 'Snopake', a cheaper brand. The tee-shirts were free with proofs of purchase. We made the mistake of having them sent to the library where our librarian, though finding them amusing, didn't dare risk complaints from our readers.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          Hurrah!
                          Cheers Ferney!
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
                            "On a lighter side, ahem, two young women in the office where I once worked came in wearing "Cover your boobs with Tippex" slogans, and the line manager ordered them home!"

It was actually 'Snopake', a cheaper brand. The tee-shirts were free with proofs of purchase. We made the mistake of having them sent to the library where our librarian, though finding them amusing, didn't dare risk complaints from our readers.
                            Blimey - you must've called in the country's top archeological team to dig that one up, Lez!

Comment

• Joseph K
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2017

My guitar has been sounding less than great recently so I changed its strings. Such a relief.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                                Host
                                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                                My guitar has been sounding less than great recently so I changed its strings. Such a relief.
                                So not just your ears/hearing playing up?

Of course, Rushdie would have written:
                                So not just your ears slash hearing playing up?

That's one of his style 'tics' that's annoying me!

Comment

Working...
                                X