X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post
    I did so last year. Zero inconvenience these days.

I have however noticed a slew of bogus emails purporting to be from Royal Mail about undelivered parcels, which are no doubt designed to cash in on the desperate Most arrive in ‘junk’ but not all.

Nick, I see you quoted my original post which never appeared!?
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
      Nick, I see you quoted my original post which never appeared!?
      It appeared on the ‘rugby’ thread!!

All tidied up now
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
        Anyone else getting an avalanche of telephone scam calls?

From next to nothing for months I'm now receiving a torrent of these wretched calls. Google search of the numbers on Who Called Me? and similar sites reveals nothing at all though most of the numbers seem to be registered in India. Thinking of disconnecting the landline and hurling it as far away as possible in order to preserve sanity!
        I wish I could offer succour but I get all too many 'phoney' calls, from 0843 numbers, on one of my mobile phones (the oldest one). They could be VERY costly if answered. See, for instance, https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopp...emote-23304919 The article is a couple or so years old but the problem persists.

Comment

• Padraig
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
          Congratulations! (assuming you're not yourself thinking of this as an affliction!)
          Thanks, RB. And may I include S_A, BBM and anton who also kindly marked the occasion.
          You are, on balance, correct in your assumption, Richard.

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Yes, had such calls - purporting to come from BT, Amazon Prime.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Had my appointment via telephone from my cancer dr yesterday. All doing well! Been like this for three years now! Hope it stays like this. He was more concerned about Covid rather than my multiple myeloma cancer. He was also anxious that I have the jab too, when my turn finally comes around!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                Had my appointment via telephone from my cancer dr yesterday. All doing well! Been like this for three years now! Hope it stays like this. He was more concerned about Covid rather than my multiple myeloma cancer. He was also anxious that I have the jab too, when my turn finally comes around!
                That is good news BBM. I would hope your jab would be prioritised rather than your turn coming round finally, given your situation.

My own good news is that yesterday the couple who moved into one of the upstairs flats here a couple of months ago posted a card through my door, wishing me well and anything they can do to help, should the needs arise. Oh, and I've managed to get one of my two VHS players to work once more, having done what the manufacturer instructed was forbidden, removed the housing, to find a bar inside next to the opening dislodged, which I was able to simply slot back in position.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  That is good news BBM. I would hope your jab would be prioritised rather than your turn coming round finally, given your situation.

My own good news is that yesterday the couple who moved into one of the upstairs flats here a couple of months ago posted a card through my door, wishing me well and anything they can do to help, should the needs arise. Oh, and I've managed to get one of my two VHS players to work once more, having done what the manufacturer instructed was forbidden, removed the housing, to find a bar inside next to the opening dislodged, which I was able to simply slot back in position.
                  Thank you! I’m in the clinically extremely vulnerable group, so I’ll be one of the first to receive the vaccine. Thinking that if it were not for music, where would I be now, and no doubt ou there’s here, on this Forum.
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

This week, has been one of those weeks but we plod on. MrsBBM has Covid, and I’ve been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Everything in hand though.
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Joseph K
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2017

This week, has been one of those weeks but we plod on. MrsBBM has Covid, and I’ve been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Everything in hand though.
                      Ach, sorry to hear this, BBM!

Comment

• oddoneout
                        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                        Ach, sorry to hear this, BBM!
                        Indeed, that's a facer, hope Mrs BBM is not too badly affected - double jabs are supposed to considerably mitigate the severity of infection? Hope she doesn't share it with you!
                        Good to see you JK, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how things are with you.

Comment

• Joseph K
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                          Good to see you JK, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how things are with you.
                          Thank you. I am fine thanks, pretty good in fact.

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                            Thank you. I am fine thanks, pretty good in fact.
                            Really pleased to hear that, long may it continue.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Bad luck, BBM, on both counts. Prostate cancer is unfortunately common among menfolk of a certain age, usually, one understands, undetected apart from decreased, er, flow. I sometimes wonder about myself in that dept, but do the usual male thing of carrying on as if nothing is really amiss: a mate, who has the problem very badly indeed, to the degree that total urinary tract blockage means frequent emergency admission to hospital, has been diagnosed for urine retention but not prostate cancer. I hope Mrs BBM recovers soon.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Thank you everyone. At least it’s been diagnosed early! Added to the others I have already! Multiple Myeloma Cancer, from that due to the chemo and MM, I have Ts 1,7 & 12 collapsed, due to the chemo I had. A blocked branch and leaky heart valve, lymphodema in my right lower part of the keg, due to chemo.
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X