• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph K
    Banned
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Sorry to bother people, but can anyone remember the title of the thread started by Lat Literal a few years ago in which he and others offered recommendations for interesting places to visit? I have some spirits-lifting guided London walks on youtube which have dispersed the gloom I have been feeling this season, and would love to share them on here.
    Might be here: http://www.for3.org/forums/forumdisp...Tourist-Office

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
      Thanks very much Joseph K - I'd forgotten we had a Tourist Bored!

Comment

• Joseph K
        Banned
        • Oct 2017

Thanks very much Joseph K - I'd forgotten we had a Tourist Bored!
        No problem. You can also search Lat-Literal's started threads.

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

I’ve been ill throughout Christmas. Still on anteb’s too! Very strong ones. So no alcohol either! I have an infection in my right foot Cellulitis. Ugh!! Temps ok, but rather debilitating, as my ankle and knee hurt when I weight bear. Always my right foot.mits also where I broke my right leg, back in 1992! Ah well, c’est la vie! Here we go again.
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Joseph K
            Banned
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
            I’ve been ill throughout Christmas. Still on anteb’s too! Very strong ones. So no alcohol either! I have an infection in my right foot Cellulitis. Ugh!! Temps ok, but rather debilitating, as my ankle and knee hurt when I weight bear. Always my right foot.mits also where I broke my right leg, back in 1992! Ah well, c’est la vie! Here we go again.
            Sorry to hear this, BBM.

Comment

• Pulcinella
              Host
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
              Sorry to hear this, BBM.
              Me too.

I've managed not to put on any weight over Christmas, which is good in that I don't need to go on a diet!
              Staying at home meant that we were able to avoid the overindulgence that staying with family tended to involve and still have a good time.
              We've shared some trifle with a neighbour, who said longingly 'We never have trifle', in return for some delicious chocolate dessert (we've asked for the recipe), so it's not been all miserable rations.

Comment

• richardfinegold
                • Sep 2012

Hoping for a better year, BBm. I listened to the arrangement that you forwarded me yesterday as I did my morning walk into our downtown. I was so engrossed that I was ignoring traffic!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

....hard luck....onward, tis the only way....
                  bong ching

Comment

• Padraig
                    • Feb 2013

Sorry to hear of your woes BBM. At one stage you and I soldiered together through a bit of bother. Whereas I have been lucky so far to have made progress, you have had several setbacks which is very disheartening, and I sympathise. Best of luck with the treatment.
                    On the other hand, I came on today to this thread, to report another kind of what some might call affliction. Today is our 59th wedding anniversary. I thought it worth the mention - it doesn't happen every day.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                      Sorry to hear of your woes BBM. At one stage you and I soldiered together through a bit of bother. Whereas I have been lucky so far to have made progress, you have had several setbacks which is very disheartening, and I sympathise. Best of luck with the treatment.
                      On the other hand, I came on today to this thread, to report another kind of what some might call affliction. Today is our 59th wedding anniversary. I thought it worth the mention - it doesn't happen every day.
                      You must actually be older than you come across as, young man!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

You must actually be older than you come across as, young man!
                        Quite agree! Congratulations!

RichardFinegold, I’m glad in some ways, my arrangement had that affect on you but I’m also glad you were not injured, in anyway!
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Many congratulations Padraig

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                            • Jan 2016

Today is our 59th wedding anniversary. I thought it worth the mention - it doesn't happen every day.
                            Congratulations! (assuming you're not yourself thinking of this as an affliction!)

Comment

• Petrushka
                              • Nov 2010

Anyone else getting an avalanche of telephone scam calls?

From next to nothing for months I'm now receiving a torrent of these wretched calls. Google search of the numbers on Who Called Me? and similar sites reveals nothing at all though most of the numbers seem to be registered in India. Thinking of disconnecting the landline and hurling it as far away as possible in order to preserve sanity!
                              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka
                                Anyone else getting an avalanche of telephone scam calls?

From next to nothing for months I'm now receiving a torrent of these wretched calls. Google search of the numbers on Who Called Me? and similar sites reveals nothing at all though most of the numbers seem to be registered in India. Thinking of disconnecting the landline and hurling it as far away as possible in order to preserve sanity!
                                I did so last year. Zero inconvenience these days.

I have however noticed a slew of bogus emails purporting to be from Royal Mail about undelivered parcels, which are no doubt designed to cash in on the desperate Most arrive in ‘junk’ but not all.

Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 13-01-21, 14:38.
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X