X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
    Haven’t been able to do that yet, unfortunately. I would dearly love my picture of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight to be up, soon!
    As it happens, I've just started reading Patrick Bishop's book on (and called) The Battle of Britain - a timely reminder of what was going on overhead in blue skies 80 years ago. The illustrations include Paul Nash's famous painting.
    Hope you're soon settled in your new abode!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Haven’t been able to do that yet, unfortunately. I would dearly love my picture of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight to be up, soon!
      Yes, best of luck in your new gaff, you & the Missus, BBM! Are you still living in the Haywards Heath area?

Edit: It was reported on yesterdays News in London and the SE that the Haywards Heath area had been without mains water for 5 days; today people there are still having to depend on bottled deliveries. In this weather - just imagine!
      Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 12-08-20, 13:49.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Yes, best of luck in your new gaff, you & the Missus, BBM! Are you still living in the Haywards Heath area?
        Thank you SA and LMcD!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Edit: It was reported on yesterdays News in London and the SE that the Haywards Heath area had been without mains water for 5 days; today people there are still having to depend on bottled deliveries. In this weather - just imagine!
          Indeed! A few places in my area have been affected!!
          Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

We want the Education Secretary and the Government to step in and review the exam board’s decision on how GCSE and A-Level grades will be calculated and awarded due to the current coronavirus crisis. We want a better solution than just using our previous data to be the basis of our grade.

Comment

• gradus
              • Nov 2010

Where on earth are you going to put all the music and records, tapes, cds etc?
              Best wishes for a happy domicile.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
                Where on earth are you going to put all the music and records, tapes, cds etc?
                Best wishes for a happy domicile.
                Thanks Gradus. It’s been rather crazy, to say the least! I just have CDs and DVDs. Plus my scores and piano music. Books as well!! All nicely back where they used to be.
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Thanks Gradus. It’s been rather crazy, to say the least! I just have CDs and DVDs. Plus my scores and piano music. Books as well!! All nicely back where they used to be.
                  No scratchin' or records flippin' when you do your MCing for the others, then, BBM!

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

No scratchin' or records flippin' when you do your MCing for the others, then, BBM!
                    I've always thought all that faffing around by DJs shows great disrespect to vinyl and turntables.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      I've always thought all that faffing around by DJs shows great disrespect to vinyl and turntables.
                      Yes but making a vinyl record crackle and skip tracks by such abuse is very postmodernist in its treatment of a mass-produced commodity!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        I’ve always thought that was too!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Just applied to renew our passports online. Admittedly ours were a completely change- free renewal, but nonetheless, I managed to get the photos taken and uploaded and through the technical check, and the whole application done with almost zero hassle.

Not sure how it would be doing a more complicated application, but so far I would give the website a thumbs up.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            Just applied to renew our passports online. Admittedly ours were a completely change- free renewal, but nonetheless, I managed to get the photos taken and uploaded and through the technical check, and the whole application done with almost zero hassle.

Not sure how it would be doing a more complicated application, but so far I would give the website a thumbs up.
                            Need to do mine in the next couple of months. Is the link obvious to find?

Did you take the photos at home using your phone?
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Pulcinella
                              Host
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Same here!
                              Both my passport and driving licence were/are due to expire early in 2021.
                              Renewing a driving licence is straightforward, as they pick up the passport photo, but, although my passport would still have been valid at licence renewal time, as its expiry date was later, I decided to renew the passport (not with the prospect of travel, nor looking forward to a Brexit blue one, but because it had less than six months to go and it would be handy to have a new one and not get the licence application rejected) first.
                              Photo taken in town, approved there and then, magic code given (and email copy sent for other use), and used in passport application, which went smoothly.

I did give some feedback though.
                              My existing passport had my title (Dr, PhD not medical), but the new online process suggested that additional documentation might be required if a title was to appear; so I reverted to plain Mr.
                              Next question: Has your name changed?
                              Aargh!

Luckily, it was not a problem in the processing of my new passport, which turned up (as plain Mr) very speedily indeed.
                              Renewing the driving licence next year should be straightforward, but I'm heading for the magic age of 70 pretty soon, so wonder if that creates difficulties.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                                Host
                                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post
                                Need to do mine in the next couple of months. Is the link obvious to find?

Did you take the photos at home using your phone?
                                Yes to question 1: use the government website (easily found if you google passport renewal).
                                Don't be tempted to use a site other than gov.uk

How to apply, how long it takes, how much it costs, track your application, unexpired visas, replacing a damaged passport.

You CAN use your own phone etc, but I thought it worth going to an approved passport photo taker, to get the magic codes.

Comment

Working...
                                X