• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    So relieved to hear that, BBM. Take it easy, my friend.

Thank you one and all for your best wishes. It certainly was quite a scary Five days.

I’d like to thank member #richardfinegold for the thumbing up.
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
      I was in isolation for a chest infection with sepsis last year - 5 weeks and a temp of over 40°. Everyone told me how ill I was but I don't remember.
      It leaves you very weak, don't try to do too much! Best wishes.
      OMG! I bet you felt really bad! At least I can sympathise with you and know exactly how you felt! I can only do things in a gradual way. Slow and steady. Not rushing.
      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
        OMG! I bet you felt really bad! At least I can sympathise with you and know exactly how you felt! I can only do things in a gradual way. Slow and steady. Not rushing.

Your bounce back capacity is an example to all of us, BBM!

Comment

• richardfinegold
          • Sep 2012

Enough of that. When are you allowed to tip please again and what will be the bevvy of choice?

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Thanks SA! I’m just me, myself, I.
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Richard Barrett
              • Jan 2016

Just dropping in to say hello.

I decided to have a break from the forum for a while back in February on account of feeling I didn't really have anything new to contribute (& maybe I never do!), and then events overtook me somewhat. We were under a very strict lockdown in Serbia - 5pm curfew every day and weekend curfew from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, only food shops open (& numbers inside supermarkets etc. greatly restricted so I got plenty of reading done waiting in line), and with a 4 year old at home that was quite a challenge! Madame's orchestral work shut down completely of course, and my teaching work has had to continue online, which I find more tiring than in-person work especially since now I'm not just in The Hague for my usual 5 days a month but potentially any day at all! As I write I'm downloading the "concerts" my students have prepared for their final exams.

As for the "real" work that has been continuing albeit slowly, although things have speeded up in the last couple of weeks since the young master has gone back to his preschool, and, apart from working at my desk, we put together a video concert for harp(s) and electronics which interested parties can see and hear by following this link. Life here seems to have more or less gone back to (socially-distanced) normal, apart from the lack of public events, with around 250 lives lost to the virus throughout Serbia - nobody seems to know why most eastern European countries have got off so lightly. There was some talk of BCG vaccinations, which are still mandatory in most of the region, conferring some immunity, but that ought to have applied also to the UK where certainly my generation still had this injection (and still have the scar to prove it).

That's all my news for now. I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

Comment

• ardcarp
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

Very good to see you back. Richard! As for...

feeling I didn't really have anything new to contribute
                ...well clearly you do. Fascinating reading.

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                  Very good to see you back. Richard! As for...

...well clearly you do. Fascinating reading.
                  Indeed

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                    Just dropping in to say hello.

I decided to have a break from the forum for a while back in February on account of feeling I didn't really have anything new to contribute (& maybe I never do!), and then events overtook me somewhat. We were under a very strict lockdown in Serbia - 5pm curfew every day and weekend curfew from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, only food shops open (& numbers inside supermarkets etc. greatly restricted so I got plenty of reading done waiting in line), and with a 4 year old at home that was quite a challenge! Madame's orchestral work shut down completely of course, and my teaching work has had to continue online, which I find more tiring than in-person work especially since now I'm not just in The Hague for my usual 5 days a month but potentially any day at all! As I write I'm downloading the "concerts" my students have prepared for their final exams.

As for the "real" work that has been continuing albeit slowly, although things have speeded up in the last couple of weeks since the young master has gone back to his preschool, and, apart from working at my desk, we put together a video concert for harp(s) and electronics which interested parties can see and hear by following this link. Life here seems to have more or less gone back to (socially-distanced) normal, apart from the lack of public events, with around 250 lives lost to the virus throughout Serbia - nobody seems to know why most eastern European countries have got off so lightly. There was some talk of BCG vaccinations, which are still mandatory in most of the region, conferring some immunity, but that ought to have applied also to the UK where certainly my generation still had this injection (and still have the scar to prove it).

That's all my news for now. I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
                    Great to hear how you are managing to survive, Richard - best wishes.

Oh, and one or two keep the flag flying here on behalf of context broadening in the most important discussions we can be having on this forum!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Glad your well RB! Keep contributing to this Forum though. All posts gratefully received!
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Moved house yesterday, yes,in the searing heat! MrsBBM and friend were both magnificent!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
                          • Nov 2015

All the best in your new home BBM and of course Mrs BBM. You did mention elsewhere that a house move was imminent so I'm glad it has been achieved.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                            All the best in your new home BBM and of course Mrs BBM. You did mention elsewhere that a house move was imminent so I'm glad it has been achieved.
                            Indeed. Kind of went well. You know what removal people can be like, some times!
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Pulcinella
                              Host
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                              Indeed. Kind of went well. You know what removal people can be like, some times!
                              Put one of your favourite pictures up somewhere, and the place will immediately feel more like home.
                              Hope you settle in well.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                                Put one of your favourite pictures up somewhere, and the place will immediately feel more like home.
                                Hope you settle in well.
                                Haven’t been able to do that yet, unfortunately. I would dearly love my picture of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight to be up, soon!
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X