Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

Just wanted to pass along that BBM’s wife posted in Facebook that she had to take him to the Hospital with a fever of 40.5 C

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
      Just wanted to pass along that BBM’s wife posted in Facebook that she had to take him to the Hospital with a fever of 40.5 C
      Gosh, let's all hope BBM will be all right and will him back to being well again. Thanks for letting us know, Richard.

Comment

• Padraig
        • Feb 2013

Sorry to hear that. I hope it is yet another challenge for BBM to overcome, as he does.

Comment

• Joseph K
          Banned
          • Oct 2017

Sorry to hear this.

All the best to BBM.

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Very sorry to hear this - and I hope he'll be able to get through it.

Re hay fever - I think it depends where you live. For me it's really bad right now, and I take regular anti-histamine in an attempt to keep it under control. One other time when I found it really hard was when we went to Cuba. Loved the country, but the effect on my breathing and runny nose was awful.

I don't know if air purifiers really work, but we have one, and also a dehumidifer. Maybe they do make the air slightly more manageable - though I can't say that they provide a miracle cure. For me they don't, anyway. One thing which does make a difference if you have living rooms near a shower room or bathroom is ruthlessly hunting down mould, and using bleach or similar to eradicate it.

Comment

• Joseph K
              Banned
              • Oct 2017

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Yet another challenge for BBM. He has been an inspiration with the way he has dealt with previous issues. Best wishes to him.

Re hay fever, I seem to be getting worse as I age, this year I have had symptoms from late January, and it is still going on.I suspect it is primarily birch allergy, as this is very common, and we have a big silver birch. Apparently this allergy can also be linked to oral allergy to apple , and I think this maybalso be the case for me.
                All a bit irritating, as our birch is lovely, and I like apples a lot. For all that , its not really a major issue, just a bit annoying.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Pianorak
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Yet another challenge for BBM. He has been an inspiration with the way he has dealt with previous issues. Best wishes to him.
                  A great inspiration indeed. Best wishes.
                  My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                    Sorry to hear that. I hope it is yet another challenge for BBM to overcome, as he does.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Heartily seconded, all power to his elbow

"...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

All good wishes to BBM.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                          All good wishes to BBM.
                          Yes, let”s hope he quickly gets through this one - it is his birthday next week as well!

Comment

• Edgy 2
                            • Jan 2019

Best wishes BBM
                            “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• richardfinegold
                              • Sep 2012

Re hay fever, I seem to be getting worse as I age, this year I have had symptoms from late January, and it is still going on.I suspect it is primarily birch allergy, as this is very common, and we have a big silver birch. Apparently this allergy can also be linked to oral allergy to apple , and I think this maybalso be the case for me.
                              All a bit irritating, as our birch is lovely, and I like apples a lot. For all that , its not really a major issue, just a bit annoying.
                              Allergic Rhinitis—Hay Fever—gets worse with time, and is more prevalent as we age, contrary to the common belief that it mainly afflicts the young. I Romberg my 55 year old father having a terrific sneezing fit in the waiting room as my 14 year old self received an Allergy shot. The Allergist tested him the same day and he also began shots. To his dying day he swore the Allergist did something to him to generate business

Comment

• Barbirollians
                                • Nov 2010

Oh so sorry to hear that - fingers crossed for him .

Comment

Working...
                                X