Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Thirded,missing you Jayne.
    Fourthed!
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
      Fourthed!
      Fifthed! I thought of you Jayne as our first wintering bittern has turned up. I'm off today to take part in a winter farmland birds survey, we're hoping for lots of skylarks

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
        • Mar 2013

I hope her absence is not due to my presence. We had a rather bruising skirmish not so long ago.

Given the impatient demand for her return, if this is the case, I will offer to fall on my sword...

O quam cito transit gloria mundi!

It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Beef Oven!
          Ex-member
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post

I hope her absence is not due to my presence. We had a rather bruising skirmish not so long ago.

Given the impatient demand for her return, if this is the case, I will offer to fall on my sword...

O quam cito transit gloria mundi!

Don't be so selfish, take a tub of paracetamol quaffed down with some of that cheap whisky that Cali drinks. That way it's less mess for the emergency services/friends/family that happen upon your corpse a few days later.

Certainly has nothing to do with yourself. Anyway, she was on here earlier today. The forum goes into communal fawning from time to time, it's what we do (I was gonna come in and fifth or sixth it). This was the latest episode.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

If this board isn't big enough for two music lovers, then its a sad state of affairs.
            But it is, so it isn't !!

Anyway, here is a reminder of summer, for lovers of Skylarks, from Wiltshire's finest pop group.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

Don't quaff down Paracetamol....you will not die immediately but of ALF Acute liver failure possibly weeks later....
              bong ching

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                Don't quaff down Paracetamol....you will not die immediately but of ALF Acute liver failure possibly weeks later....
                Depends on how much whisk(e)y he knock backs, doesn't it? If he tries, he could have it all sorted in 36 hours, methinks.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                  some of that cheap whisky that Cali drinks.
                  That goes down as a festive side-swipe...

I'm storing them up, fear not
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                    Fifthed! I thought of you Jayne as our first wintering bittern has turned up. I'm off today to take part in a winter farmland birds survey, we're hoping for lots of skylarks
                    Bitterns! How wonderful RT

Yes missing JLW's presence here too
                    Last edited by Guest; 20-12-13, 11:21. Reason: more space

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                      Sound advice, eighth

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                        Depends on how much whisk(e)y he knock backs, doesn't it? If he tries, he could have it all sorted in 36 hours, methinks.
                        I think one of your favourite razors and a hot bath would get the job done much more effeciently.

No more frivolity on this topic please

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          Bitterns! How wonderful RT

Yes missing JLW's presence here too
                          Very touched by all the messages here, thankyou. I've looked in here regularly (I don't usually log out anyway), but have had to limit screentime drastically because of severe headaches. Lots of bed-rest and near-hibernation.
                          Some here will know I had major brain surgery for a tumour a few years ago, life's never the same after that, but 2013 has been worse....at the moment, screenstaring brings the pain on directly, a little better this week - so having to use computers for business and other mundanities I need to ration it out... pleased to see Hindemith being discussed, he's my current passion. I'll try to post something musical soon...

Thropplenoggin, desist! Put away your sword and listen to some Magnard instead . All's fair in love and war! (and music...)

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            I'll try to post something musical soon...
                            No rush,anytime before 22:15
                            Great to hear from you Jayne,hope you will be able to have a good Christmas.

Comment

• Roehre

I am leaving tonight (a 7 am flight from Liverpool) and will be back Saturday January 25th, for a visit to Switzerland.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                                I am leaving tonight (a 7 am flight from Liverpool) and will be back Saturday January 25th, for a visit to Switzerland.
                                Have a great trip Roehre and watch out for passing F1 drivers off-piste

Comment

Working...
                                X