X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    I hope Pabs is safe!
    Indeed. Firing off one's donation to DEC about the only practical thing one can do......

Comment

• marthe

I also hope Pabs is safe.

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by marthe View Post
        I also hope Pabs is safe.
        So do I. Very worrying situation.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

No news for a few days. Yes, worried, to say the least but with all communications down, most likely, he probably feeling quite isolated?
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Pabmusic
            • May 2011

I had just finished a message to FF when I read this thread.

Thank you all. We're all OK (our house is strong and has only minimal damage - though we lost the mango tree). It was quite an experience (160 mph winds for 5 hours solid).

We still have no electricity (and thus no internet) and this - in a restaurant in the town centre - is the first I've been able to get online since the typhoon.

I'll write more as soon as we're back online.

Comment

• Dave2002
              • Dec 2010

Great to hear you're OK pabs. I'm sure many others here will agree. Best wishes.

Comment

• doversoul1
                Ex Member
                • Dec 2010

Very glad to hear that you and your family are safe. I suspect a lot of us were beginning to fear the worst (or very bad). Now we know you are safe, don’t stay glue to the keyboard but get on with the business of getting back to normal. First things first.

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Great news pabs.....hope normality returns ASAP

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

Phew ......hope all gets back to "normal" soon

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

I see everyone's up bright and early this morning, and has got in before me (including pabs!). Not much we can do but send supportive messages (well, maybe typhoon donations to DEC or Oxfam/Red Cross - there must be huge tasks ahead for the services and individuals).
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                        I had just finished a message to FF when I read this thread.

Thank you all. We're all OK (our house is strong and has only minimal damage - though we lost the mango tree). It was quite an experience (160 mph winds for 5 hours solid).

We still have no electricity (and thus no internet) and this - in a restaurant in the town centre - is the first I've been able to get online since the typhoon.

I'll write more as soon as we're back online.

This is seriously good news, Pabs - very pleased to read that you & yours are ok

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Just in case pabs doesn't have the energy to repeat it again, here's his PM in full:

"Long time no speak.

Yes, we are all well. The typhoon was an amazing experience - 160 mph winds for 5 hours non-stop. But our house is very good and survived with minimal damage. We lost our mango tree, though (any tree that wasn't a coconut seems to have been blown down; the coconuts not only stayed up, but their leaves and coconuts didn't come off!). None of our livestock (dogs & chickens) were injured either.

Many people lost their entire homes and we have been helping some build anew.

We lost water for two days, but we have a well. The biggest problem has been the loss of electricity (and therefore internet) - it's still not resolved but parts of Roxas City have been restored. I'm sitting in a restaurant in the city centre, and there's a wi-fi connexion, so this is the first time I've been able to get online.

Would you let the others know (and thank them for their messages). I shall post a full account (maybe with pictures) soon, but not for a few days."
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Excellent news.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                              We're all OK (our house is strong and has only minimal damage - though we lost the mango tree).
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Roehre

Excellent news indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X