Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    Didn't you Brits learn your lesson with Napoleon?
    No, we never learn this type of lesson, whether it's Napoleon Bonaparte, Jose Manueline Barroso or Herman van Rompuy

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
      No, we never learn this type of lesson, whether it's Napoleon Bonaparte, Jose Manueline Barroso or Herman van Rompuy
      Or Rupert Murdoch or Lord Freud

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Back on topic- havw we heard from doversoul, Curalach or Marthe recently.

I wish them well if they read this.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by salymap View Post

doversoul posted in the last 2/3 days

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by salymap View Post

If you go to their profiles, you'll be able to see when they were last on and also what their last posting was, salymap.
            Last edited by Guest; 17-07-13, 09:14.

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              If you go to their profiles, you'll be able to see when they were last on and also what their last posting was, salymap.
              YES I know that but they wouldn't know we were enquiring about them and would like to hear that they were ok.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Jayne Lee Wilson

It is excellent news that Peter Katin (concern for whom caused the creation of this Thread) has recently contributed one of his customary excellent posts - but has anyone heard anything of/from JLW? I hope that I've missed her telling us that she was off for a month's holiday somewhere that has no Internet access, but it's been over a week since she posted, and the I remember her saying that she'd been ill recently. Hope all is well with her.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  It is excellent news that Peter Katin (concern for whom caused the creation of this Thread) has recently contributed one of his customary excellent posts - but has anyone heard anything of/from JLW? I hope that I've missed her telling us that she was off for a month's holiday somewhere that has no Internet access, but it's been over a week since she posted, and the I remember her saying that she'd been ill recently. Hope all is well with her.
                  I second the notion, ferney - please come back soon jlw, we miss you

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

The thought occured to me yesterday, and i did notice that she was logged in.
                    Lets hope she is posting soon.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

I miss her too. Her posts were most enlightening.
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        She's logged in as I 'speak', FHG. I never try to miss a JLW post even if it's about music on which I have scant interest. Her advocacy of various pieces and recordings is consistently persuasive.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Does anybody know what has happened to handsomefortune? The last time she posted was on May 17th. She had an enviable way of being able to pull several perspectives into any topic to which she was contributing, thus offering a glance at an issue, however complex, on which would take me a month of Sundays worth of paragraphs to try and expound, which is a rare gift in anyone. I notice that she is still down as a member of the forum.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

I'm truly touched by the messages above... thankyou ts, ams, fhg, Bbm and Petrushka. I have been keeping up with threads but my own health (and medication - cure worse than disease etc.), and Mum needing more care these days, tends to limit time and energy. I tend not to log out when I'm not here which may cause some confusion...!

So we've kept even weirder hours than usual recently, I tend to see the dawn in before bed; so listening is - quartets at four, symphonies at seven etc. (AM). Not many Proms... but some better programmes on the way to draw me back, if I can just grab a kip before 19:30...

Thanks for remembering me. More activity soon I hope...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                              I'm truly touched by the messages above... thankyou ts, ams, fhg, Bbm and Petrushka. I have been keeping up with threads but my own health (and medication - cure worse than disease etc.), and Mum needing more care these days, tends to limit time and energy. I tend not to log out when I'm not here which may cause some confusion...!

So we've kept even weirder hours than usual recently, I tend to see the dawn in before bed; so listening is - quartets at four, symphonies at seven etc. (AM). Not many Proms... but some better programmes on the way to draw me back, if I can just grab a kip before 19:30...

Thanks for remembering me. More activity soon I hope...
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• verismissimo
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                                Ditto

Comment

Working...
                                X