X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
    All best wishes for improvements in health to BBM and Richard F and any others suffering just now. (I am just getting over shingles, luckily a mild attack).
    Mrs D. had that (shingles) or maybe just avoided it a few years ago. She was in a chemists - not particularly concerned about being ill, IIRC, and the pharmacist looked at her and said that she should immediately go to her doctor for a diagnosis, and to come back for antiviral tablets, which I think were new at the time. The GP confirmed the suspicions, but the tablets did seem to ward off the worst problems. Full blown shingles is quite nasty it would appear, and has messed up some people I know for quite a long while.

Glad you've not been too badly affected.

Comment

• gradus
      • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=richardfinegold;576226]I am going to have back Surgery on September 1. A piece of my L4 disc decided to separate itself from it's home base and travel along the spinal nerve until it got stuck in the foramen and has been squashing the nerve. I've been dealing with it all summer but wound up hospitalized for a couple of days last week due to pain. Surgery is a microdiscectomy, where a small cut is made, the disc fragment snagged, gorilla glue placed, and I go home the same night, then 2 weeks off work.
      So BBm-we need to decide what music we are going to listen to while we are laid up! I just received the Anne Fischer 'Icon' box and the Jacqueline Du Pre EMI box in the mail so I will start there. I also ordered the Vanska/Minnesota Sibelius
      3/6/7 disc, and I am going to try the free 14 day trial of Tidal. I ordered a free download of Fasch Concertos. How about you?[/QUOTE

Back pain is ghastly and hard to live with so best wishes for an uneventful op and a speedy recovery.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

God speed to good health people!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post

Back pain is ghastly and hard to live with so best wishes for an uneventful op and a speedy recovery.
          Don't I know it!!! The lesson learned is: never under any circumstances do heavy lifting unless in a situation that allows for the knees-bend thing.

Comment

• richardfinegold
            • Sep 2012

[QUOTE=gradus;576681]
            Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
            I am going to have back Surgery on September 1. A piece of my L4 disc decided to separate itself from it's home base and travel along the spinal nerve until it got stuck in the foramen and has been squashing the nerve. I've been dealing with it all summer but wound up hospitalized for a couple of days last week due to pain. Surgery is a microdiscectomy, where a small cut is made, the disc fragment snagged, gorilla glue placed, and I go home the same night, then 2 weeks off work.
            So BBm-we need to decide what music we are going to listen to while we are laid up! I just received the Anne Fischer 'Icon' box and the Jacqueline Du Pre EMI box in the mail so I will start there. I also ordered the Vanska/Minnesota Sibelius
            3/6/7 disc, and I am going to try the free 14 day trial of Tidal. I ordered a free download of Fasch Concertos. How about you?[/QUOTE

Thanks. At work now and trying to hide my discomfort. Not succeeding. Perhaps the fact that I am using a walker is a dead give away. 72 hours until surgery but who is counting?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
              At work now and trying to hide my discomfort. Not succeeding. Perhaps the fact that I am using a walker is a dead give away. 72 hours until surgery but who is counting?
              Sorry to hear about your back woes, Richard - very best wishes for the days ahead and rapid recovery!
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=richardfinegold;576773]
                Originally posted by gradus View Post
                Thanks. At work now and trying to hide my discomfort. Not succeeding. Perhaps the fact that I am using a walker is a dead give away. 72 hours until surgery but who is counting?
                Best of luck Richard!

2nd lot of chemotherapy for me this morning at `10.30am!
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  Sorry to hear about your back woes, Richard - very best wishes for the days ahead and rapid recovery!
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                    Hope you get the most comfortable chair, and plenty of tea, biscuits and attention from the Nurses.
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Tetrachord
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                      Mrs D. had that (shingles) or maybe just avoided it a few years ago. She was in a chemists - not particularly concerned about being ill, IIRC, and the pharmacist looked at her and said that she should immediately go to her doctor for a diagnosis, and to come back for antiviral tablets, which I think were new at the time. The GP confirmed the suspicions, but the tablets did seem to ward off the worst problems. Full blown shingles is quite nasty it would appear, and has messed up some people I know for quite a long while.

Glad you've not been too badly affected.
                      My husband and I had vaccination against Shingles just 6 months ago. Each injection cost $A200 but well worth it. Now, it appears, the shots will be available free in Australia to those over 65. Meantime, one of our close friends has just had Singles and we had advised her to have the injections months ago when we did. I don't understand why people who are millionaires don't want to spend money!!!!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                        Best wishes to you Bbm!
                        Last edited by french frank; 30-08-16, 11:54. Reason: Adjusted quote

Comment

• Dave2002
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          Don't I know it!!! The lesson learned is: never under any circumstances do heavy lifting unless in a situation that allows for the knees-bend thing.
                          ... and don't ever try to lift a grand piano....

Best and continuing wishes to BBM and RFG for the coming week.

Comment

• richardfinegold
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            Hope you get the most comfortable chair, and plenty of tea, biscuits and attention from the Nurses.
                            My wife is a Chemotherapy Nurse. The favorite Patient Snack in her area is Lorna Doone shortbread cookies. You probably have a wider variety of shortbreads to choose from on your side of the pond

Comment

• ahinton
                              • Nov 2010

... and don't ever try to lift a grand piano....
                              Especially one of these beasties - http://www.rubensteinpianos.com/pages/r-371.html - that weighs in at some 1,100kg.

Best and continuing wishes to BBM and RFG for the coming week.
                              Mine too!
                              Last edited by ahinton; 30-08-16, 12:44.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Thinking of you RFG and BBM.

Comment

Working...
                                X