X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Agh! What sh*te news, Bbm! (No alcohol during chemo, either!!! ) Hope everything goes as successfully as it possibly can, if not more so - and that we'll be deciphering Bbmisms for many decades to come. (I'll have yours - it's the least I can do! )
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Good luck, Bbm, look after yourself and keep your strength up - you'll need to feed yourself up when it's over. We can't have you resembling your famous ancestor

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

....ah that's rotten bbm....I'm sure you will generally keep positive about it....very best mate....
        bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          Thanks FF and AG. I hope the Toon be back up!!
          Shame your visits won't be for music - looks like we'll have to put of that mooted meet-up for better times ahead, BBM. Best of luck with the treatments.

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Well see how I am next March! I'm allowed a pint of real ale a week! Not what I had last Friday night!
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Hornspieler
              Late Member
              • Sep 2012

I wish you that all you tell us will be resolved, BBM - I know, from bitter experience how this threat affects not only yourself, but also your family and friends.

I'm sure that all of our forumites will be with me in wishing you both reassurance and a full recovery.

Hornspieler

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
                I wish you that all you tell us will be resolved, BBM - I know, from bitter experience how this threat affects not only yourself, but also your family and friends.

I'm sure that all of our forumites will be with me in wishing you both reassurance and a full recovery.

Hornspieler
                Thank you HS! The trouble with this form of cancer it comes in waves. Not curable. But when I be in remission and for how long, I do not know.
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

bbm

I second all the best wishes from other board members so far. I sincerely hope things work out well for you, and maybe if you really are allowed a glass of real ale each week we can all exchange notes over on the Beer thread.

Hang in there!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

What rotten luck.
                    BbMb I be& sendinng.you all BEst#wishes.

Take care Maestro

Comment

• richardfinegold
                      • Sep 2012

Hi forumiters!

Well I have not been in the beast of health these past few months. What has transpired is this.

Went to see GP in February gone and she said we need to get to the bottom of this anaemia, which had been going on since 2009! I then had to go to the vampire clinic(), and had some blood tests done. of which a couple were not too grand, apparently, so went back to GP, who referred me back to the hospital where I had first a skeletal survey(a complete body x ray), which proved negative, then an MRI scan and these showed a degenerative spine, and finally a bone marrow biopsy, to differentiate between MGUS, or Myeloma, unfortunately, it proved to be the latter, Myeloma. But the doctor said although not curable, it is highly treatable. I went to the Royal Sussex County Hospital yesterday to start my chemotherapy, which is an injection, but oodles of tablets of one sort or another. This will last for six months, then |I be having a trip up to Royal Marsden hospital for Stem Cell Treatment, which will mean a stay of three weeks, at least!I am being very positive about this, as the management of this condition is rather well produced and un like other cancers, I will have periods of remission but then most definitely it will come back.

I am being quite upbeat about the whole thing, especially now I been for my first treatment.
                      Sorry, BBm
                      Myeloma drugs have greatly improved survival in my last decade. I have several patients who are ought and about leading their lives who would have been dead by now if I had seen them when I started Practicing 25 years ago. Hopefully in the UK you can get the same access to meds as we do here.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Hi RFH, apperantl;y the UK are tops in this field and we are lucky to have such great people on the team! As in the USA!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• richardfinegold
                          • Sep 2012

Hi RFH, apperantl;y the UK are tops in this field and we are lucky to have such great people on the team! As in the USA!
                          Good to hear

Comment

• Historian
                            • Aug 2012

Would like to add my best wishes to you BBM. My mother is currently in remission from myeloma and has been for several years. Good luck to you.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              BbMb I be& sendinng.you all BEst#wishes.

Take care Maestro
                              I couldn't put it better myself!

Remember: a little of what you fancy does you good! But

I'm allowed a pint of real ale a week! Not what I had last Friday night!
                              don't be too naughty!!!

Lots of ffff positive wishes & thoughts

"...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

Very sorry to hear this news, BBM. Sending you best wishes.
                                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                                X