• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Hey Beefy it wasn't you that upset Norfolk Born was it? No it wouldn't be.... But I seem to remember he was offended by something.
    No I bloody well didn't! Didn't even know he'd left because he'd been offended.

(There's something Pythonesque about people being offended, then leaping off the top of the forum tower!)

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
      No I bloody well didn't! Didn't even know he'd left because he'd been offended.

(There's something Pythonesque about people being offended, then leaping off the top of the forum tower!)
      OK Beefy not accusing just asking - now come away from the Python Parapet - not there for you!

Comment

• Hornspieler
        Late Member
        • Sep 2012

edashtav seems to have disappeared from the forum. Has anyone heard from him?

Please PM me if you have any info.

HS

Comment

• Hornspieler
          Late Member
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
          edashtav seems to have disappeared from the forum. Has anyone heard from him?

Please PM me if you have any info.

HS
          Still listed as a member, but nothing heard since September 2015.

Amateur51 is another who has disappeared but still listed as a member.

Should we not perhaps have a "Roll Call" or some other check on the membership?

As my squad sergeant used to call out: "Anyone not here, answer your names!"

HS

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

edashtav frequently takes a break from the Forum at this time of year, only to reappear when the Prom season is announced. I hope that that is the case again this year.

With ami, it does seem that he has left the Forum, for whatever reason; I hope that he has had a huge lottery/Premium Bond win, and that his time is filled with much more exciting matters than the Forum - lazing on a tropical beach, his every wish serviced by young chaps who adore his company.

I don't think a "Roll Call" is desirable: the absentees can return or not as they wish, and I'm sure frenchie and the technical hosts have better things to occupy their time than either checking the "Register" regularly, or devising software that erases Forumites who haven't posted for over six months.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              I don't think a "Roll Call" is desirable: the absentees can return or not as they wish, and I'm sure frenchie and the technical hosts have better things to occupy their time than either checking the "Register" regularly, or devising software that erases Forumites who haven't posted for over six months.
              I think I agree. Another in the relevant category is 'rubbernecker' - busy for a while hereabouts, but then gave it up because there simply wasn't time to devote properly: and he is someone who has to feel he can be absorbed by a pass-time, or it's not worth it - no dabbler, he -... and others (involving wheels, and sails, and bricks and mortar) took the place of online writings.... But he, for instance, might well be back at the drop of a hat. As he's someone I've known well in real life for 30 years, I can testify to his fine form despite no Forum appearances of late.
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
                For me, Roehre constitutes my personal abridged version of Groves Dictionary. If he chooses not to post, that is his choice.

You can always send him a PM if you have a query and I am sure he will have the courtesy to reply.

I take the view which has been attributed to a famous American politician:

"If you've got nothing to say - don't say it! "

HS
                Indeed, I wish many politicians would take that advice - American or not.

Roehre represented a mine of information. I wish him well.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                  Indeed, I wish many politicians would take that advice - American or not.

Roehre represented a mine of information. I wish him well.
                  I wish Roehre well too,I really miss his input.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Has anyone heard or know anything about Pabmusic? He hasn't posted in over three weeks, and he always had something interesting and/or amusing to offer. Hope he's being kept enjoyably active with his compositions and arrangements, and not been blown away (literally - not in the KD sense) by some tropical typhoon! Or even a topical tycoon.
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

With ami, it does seem that he has left the Forum, for whatever reason; I hope that he has had a huge lottery/Premium Bond win, and that his time is filled with much more exciting matters than the Forum - lazing on a tropical beach, his every wish serviced by young chaps who adore his company.
                      My thought on ams is that he's given up on all that, become a trappist nun, and retired to a monastery.

(I've only written that to provoke him back to give some sort of response. I really do hope he's all right).

Comment

• Pabmusic
                        • May 2011

Has anyone heard or know anything about Pabmusic? He hasn't posted in over three weeks, and he always had something interesting and/or amusing to offer. Hope he's being kept enjoyably active with his compositions and arrangements, and not been blown away (literally - not in the KD sense) by some tropical typhoon! Or even a topical tycoon.
                        I had heard that he's having computer trouble. It seems his browser has picked up some malware and he can no longer access R3 Forum. It'll have to wait till his daughter sends him a program to clear it. But she is in Sockport and keeps forgetting (I do not think these two things are related).

In the meantime he has to use Mrs Pabs' iPhone - and his fingers are too fat!

At least, that's what I heard.
                        Last edited by Pabmusic; 24-05-16, 03:11.

Comment

• ahinton
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                          I had heard that he's having computer trouble. It seems his browser has picked up some malware and he can no longer access R3 Forum. It'll have to wait till his daughter sends him a program to clear it. But she is in Sockport and keeps forgetting (I do not think these two things are related).
                          Good to hear back!

Sockport, eh? I presume that his daughter is stocking up on new software...

Comment

• Pabmusic
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                            Good to hear back!

Sockport, eh? I presume that his daughter is stocking up on new software...
                            Stockport.

Fat fingers.

Comment

• ahinton
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                              Stockport.

Fat fingers.
                              John Ogdon had those; didn't curtail his unique virtuosity, though (as I recall witnessing at close quarters 30 years ago)!

Comment

• Tevot
                                • Nov 2010

There is nothing wrong with Stockport... One of my Mum's oldest friends still lives to this day, I think, in nearby Hazel Grove.

Who knows, very soon she may have Jose Mourinho as a neighbour

Best Wishes,

Tevot

Comment

Working...
                                X