X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flay
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
    though to be fair, I think the forum did shut down under the old BBC regime. No doubt someone will be along soon to confirm or deny.
    Indeed it did, so the mods could have a Christmas break.

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    Anyway - where would we be without improvisation
    Probably without a job, wife, lots of things. I shudder to think of close shave moments in my life when bluffing was required

Best wishes to all
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Anna

Can I add my greetings to Jayne - I've always read her reviews avidly and admired her knowledge, she has been much missed. Best wishes to you and to your Mum and hoping that health wise 2016 may be better for you both.

Comment

• Flay
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Can I add my greetings to Jayne - I've always read her reviews avidly and admired her knowledge, she has been much missed. Best wishes to you and to your Mum and hoping that health wise 2016 may be better for you both.

And lovely to have you back too, Anna
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Yes, Jayne - far from the "Three Month Holiday on a Caribbean Island following the Lottery win" that ahinton and I were hoping would account for your absence! So sorry to have heard of the general rottenness of the last few months, and fondest hopes for good cheer over Christmas and good health and prosperity in the New Year.

(Actually, that last bit applies to all Forumistas, absent and present. Best Wishes everyone.)
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

....good tidings one and all....tim
            bong ching

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Yes, Jayne - far from the "Three Month Holiday on a Caribbean Island following the Lottery win" that ahinton and I were hoping would account for your absence! So sorry to have heard of the general rottenness of the last few months, and fondest hopes for good cheer over Christmas and good health and prosperity in the New Year.

(Actually, that last bit applies to all Forumistas, absent and present. Best Wishes everyone.)
              Thanks fhg - and everyone for the welcome. Mind you, I'd probably prefer some windswept hebridean cottage with only birds, animals, and maybe a few whales, for company...
              Right here, right now, it's case of - ​lookin' out the window, got the rainyday christmastime blu-ues...

Comment

• ahinton
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                Thanks fhg - and everyone for the welcome. Mind you, I'd probably prefer some windswept hebridean cottage with only birds, animals, and maybe a few whales, for company...
                Wot? No forum members? Bah, humbug!

But the warmest of welcomes back, Jayne! Sorry to hear of all your recent woes; let's all hope for much better things for you in 2016 (and before that, too!)...

Yes, it's Still Falls the Rain here, too, just as it is in Liverland - but at least Jack Frost is at least 12 degrees distant and long may he remain that way!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  Does this forum shut down for tomorrow, anybody know??
                  That only happened in the BBC days.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                    That only happened in the BBC days.
                    ...and they shut it down for every tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

I wish Roehre would come back

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                        Me too
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                          His knowledge impossible to replace.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

I've noticed this too! Hope you come back soon Roehre!
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

I didn't realize that Roehre had "gone" - I just thought he must be on one of his "absences" away from the country. This is very bad news, and I certainly hope he reconsiders - the Forum will be considerably less informed and less worthwhile without him.
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Dare I say I could see this coming? He has it seems given up the forum for much the same reasons as I abandoned the Classical Association thread (the cause of his departure, IIANM). Roehre (I think) enjoyed it for a spot of quiet erudition. In the last week or two it was increasingly characterised by facetiousness, drunkenness and throwing bread rolls. He did place a quiet and very polite protest about people being too late with posts, as I did not long ago (about not deleting when you're too late).

As for me, I have simply dropped quietly out of both threads. It's only a game, which has tended to run on too long anyway.

How to bring him back? I add my voice. Perhaps if those concerned could say something to him? They know who they are.

PS this has happened once before, for a similar reason. The first time, it gave rise to the non-classical association thread.
                                Last edited by Guest; 09-01-16, 11:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X