X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
    That is most sad. May he be resting in peace in the great beyond.
    Sad news - sometimes forumites do just suddenly disappear and one suspects they have shuffled off the mortal coil - ferretfancy for example a splendid erstwhile contributor.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
      Host
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      I have now made some enquiries and I can confirm that he was in his late 70s and sadly died last year, shortly after posting for the last time.
      Sad news. Ardcarp's EMS posts were always interesting and much missed.

Comment

• kernelbogey
        • Nov 2010

I have now made some enquiries and I can confirm that he was in his late 70s and sadly died last year, shortly after posting for the last time.
        I too am sad at this news; we had an exchange of PMs some time ago. One cannot know for sure whose age may put them 'in the zone'....

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

.....oh dear....
          bong ching

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            .....oh dear....
            very sad news an excellent contributor ……..

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
              .....oh dear....
              Indeed. Ardy - as I used to call him - was a valuable and open-minded contributer to this forum, and although I cannot recall exchanging many views with him I am going to miss him.

Comment

• Padraig
                • Feb 2013

It's sad that we have just heard about ardcarp, and so it comes as a shock. We remember him as a fellow seeker-after.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                  It's sad that we have just heard about ardcarp, and so it comes as a shock. We remember him as a fellow seeker-after.

Comment

• vinteuil
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                    One cannot know for sure whose age may put them 'in the zone'....
                    ... my uninformed guess is that a fair number of us are over the 'three-score-and-ten'. Live your lives as fully as you can while you can

Comment

• Pulcinella
                      Host
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... my uninformed guess is that a fair number of us are over the 'three-score-and-ten'. Live your lives as fully as you can while you can

My GP remarked that I looked extremely fit for a 72-year old yesterday, at my eventual appointment.
                      A really detailed chat, with a series of tests (chest x-ray, blood, stools) lined up to try to find out if the slight discomfort symptoms I've got (including a residual cough) might actually be (known) side-effects of the blood pressure medication I'm on.

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

My own 'three score and ten' is reached in exactly one month and I have to admit that it certainly does concentrate the mind somewhat.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                          I too am sad at this news; we had an exchange of PMs some time ago. One cannot know for sure whose age may put them 'in the zone'....
                          Sad news indeed.
                          I think, from his posts ,that he had substantial family responsibilities until not so long ago.

I fear, KB that we are all “ in the zone”. I’m not really sure what the implications are in full, but being at peace with our fellow humans is surely a priority.Easily said, not always so easily achieved.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Simon Biazeck
                            • Jul 2020

Just seen this. Sorry it's been a bit of a hectic day

Thank you. I had been wondering why he hadn't posted for a while. A passionate lover and advocate of Early Music vocal performance practice and a very gracious member of the forum. Rest in peace, Ardcarp.

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

RIP Ardcarp. While we didn’t agree on everything, still the case he was a good judge.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post

My own 'three score and ten' is reached in exactly one month and I have to admit that it certainly does concentrate the mind somewhat.
                                Not dead yet ...I reach ¾ century next month, thereby qualifying for the latest Covid booster by three days. So still some time to do justice to the less-travelled corners of my oversized CD collection before the Reaper shows up.

Comment

Working...
                                X