Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

What very sad - if not entirely unexpected news . He was a complete ray of sunshine on this forum - his kindness , enthusiasm , his strange problem with Mozart and his transcriptions for brass band . Only the other day he was going to look out for the Previn version of Images

Deepest condolences to all his family and friends - RIP Tim our brassbandmaestro.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Very sad news indeed.
      Just to add to all the tributes above, Tim was somebody who vividly demonstrated that the online world can be a place that can be a good and very positive , where aspects of personality can really shine through, and where we can gain inspiration.
      I know we’ll all really miss his comments and thoughts here very much.

Condolences to his family.

Very well said ts … a very sad loss

Comment

• richardfinegold
        • Sep 2012

Tim represented everything that was good about social media. Those of you that didn’t interact with him outside of the Forum didn’t see the full extent of his personality. He put a lot of effort into organizing a pair of musical forums there. He deftly defused many of the inevitable dust ups that occur. He friended everyone and had a never ending stream of funny cartoons, many of which I shared with others in my life. He would always reach out if someone was struggling. And I can’t remember even one time he ever being in a quarrel.. What a loss

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
          • Nov 2010

Oh my goodness, what a sad loss. Tim brought so much to this forum, and evidently those elsewhere, of which I was unaware. We will miss him sorely. Condolences to Sue and the family.

RIP Maestro

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

BBM was one of the treasures of this forum, and one hears how much he has meant to others, here and elsewhere. He certainly cheered me up on many occasions! There will be those too who will treasure the brass band arrangements he painstakingly made of substantial works in other media, especially given how much such have potentially opened the repertoire to amateur ensembles and players. How he managed sometimes to cram as much listening into the day defeats me!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

....does anyone know how old BBM was....sorry to hear of his passing - best wishes to his wife, family and friends....
              bong ching

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                ....does anyone know how old BBM was....sorry to hear of his passing - best wishes to his wife, family and friends....
                I'd guess just one side of 70. No age for these days, but he'd been ill for some time.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Very sad to hear the news about BBM. I really only communicated with him on the footie page where he was often capable of an amusing erratum. Sorry to hear that he has gone.

Comment

• Jonathan
                    • Mar 2007

I believe Tim was in his mid 60s or thereabouts.
                    Best regards,
                    Jonathan

Comment

• ahinton
                      • Nov 2010

Yes, very sad news indeed - and a loss to this forum. RIP, BBM.

Comment

• gradus
                        • Nov 2010

Sad news. I join with everyone else in sending my condolences to his family.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                          • Jan 2011

Very sad news. We will miss him on the Weather forum. I have just been revisiting some of his posts, as I seem to recall on one he said it was his birthday- stating age 61 IIRC.

RIP BBM.

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                            Very sad news. We will miss him on the Weather forum. I have just been revisiting some of his posts, as I seem to recall on one he said it was his birthday- stating age 61 IIRC.

RIP BBM.
                            He gave his birthday as June 9 1956 - so would have been coming up for 67.
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• CallMePaul
                              • Jan 2014

I would like to add my condolences to those above. He always had something worthwhile to say and they - and Tim -will be sorely missed. I have a cousin who has had myeloma for some years, so let's hope that he does not follow Tim to an early grave.
                              RIP Tim

Comment

• Padraig
                                • Feb 2013

I am sorry to read of Tim's passing. I am pleased, however, to read of the high appreciation in which Forum members held him. I did communicate with BBM on a mutual topic, in common with others here: our health, when we were both in the same boat about 5 years ago. We wished each other well then and I join in celebrating his life now. RIP Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X