• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

More Gove nonsense

How do we go about stopping this man ?

(sorry Alpen , I didn't mean to upset you over the museli !)
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

What damned cheek Gove has to describe this broad front of opposition in such terms, and speak of "ideologically driven theory", which so clearly applies to his own mouthings.

The answer must surely be "civil disobedience", whenever a government minister changes policies from those announced pre-general election.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Having Michael G*** as Education Secretary is like appointing Ghengis Khan as UN Secretary General. He's certain to go down in history, but for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

• JimD
        • Nov 2010

The age of reasoned argument hasn't ended yet...enjoy, if you haven't seen it already...

Comment

• Julien Sorel

"Just last week Tony Blair was lamenting the fact teaching unions ‘have stood out against necessary educational change’ and arguing for the policies this Government is pursuing."

Well that's a clincher .

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Actually Tony Blair's government did a great job in achieving the changes they wanted by having a constant dialogue with the teachers.

Not like this pompous twit G***.

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JimD View Post
              The age of reasoned argument hasn't ended yet...enjoy, if you haven't seen it already...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ing-plans.html
              There is no reasoned argument to be had
              sometimes maybe the only solution is to ..........................

Comment

• Beef Oven

I can't beleive that Indian woman survived (the Colombians got what they deserved).

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

I met someone recently who thought he was "a good man" because he admitted to making mistakes. Personally, I think he IS a mistake. Has he ever said anything remotely sensible?

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Well, I can report that practically everyone I meet in education - parent, admin, teacher, governor and latterly [ and predictably!!] students instantly wince at the mere mention of the man's name.

He is rapidly becoming a very dangerously toixc brand damaging the Tory party's already tottering image, and your man Cameron needs to think very, very carefully if he wants to go into the next election with such a high-profile Gove bubbling and gobbling beside him or in front of cameras.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Gove is dangerous, but it's the agendas that worry me. Tiny children at school long hours, schools being moved to office hours, and that is before you start on a curriculum designed to create an hopelessly ill informed electorate with the creativity beaten out of them.

It is desperate.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

The fool seeks out different countries to justify his crackpot ideas. Now it's the Far East for longer hours, etc. It was Finland for "free schools" and parts of America for old-fashioned teaching methods.

Comment

• An_Inspector_Calls

Congratulations to Mr GG for giving this thread a most appropriate title.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

I thought there'd be one supporter for Govey.

Comment

• VodkaDilc

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              I thought there'd be one supporter for Govey.
                              With each Gove announcement I have to check that it's not 1st April! The 'long days, short holidays' business is just the latest stupidity. As someone wrote in yesterday's Guardian, how will 18 year-olds adjust from a school regime, with every minute accounted for, to university, with perhaps only three hours of contact time per week? How can one man's whim wreck our education system in so many ways? Is there no-one who can stand up to him?

At least my teaching career is virtually over and I have no children or grandchildren to be messed about - but that's not the point.

Comment

Working...
                              X