X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
    The "same outfit throughout" has long been the trademark of David Attenborough who travels to remote places, often camping, and who operates a "one on, one off" policy for largely practical convenience. He has discussed this - shirts are subjected to the sniff test to see if they will do another day. But it is silly when not necessary - Mary Beard's red coat, Lucy Worseley's blue coat, etc.
    I think it's done for continuity - it makes it easier to edit if you don't have to worry about them wearing a red shirt in one shot of them discussing a significant building/animal/view, a blue shirt in the next shot of them discussing the same significant etc, & then back in a red one in the next shot.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
      I think it's done for continuity
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
        I think it's done for continuity - it makes it easier to edit if you don't have to worry about them wearing a red shirt in one shot of them discussing a significant building/animal/view, a blue shirt in the next shot of them discussing the same significant etc, & then back in a red one in the next shot.
        It's all because of this

Animal rescue drama that was a major British cinema breakthrough

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          That dog is amazing - just as good as Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

Comment

• hmvman
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
            There must sadly be a set of BBC production rules nowadays:

1. Begin the prog with 100 two-second unrelated shots
            2. Spend 5 minutes explaining the content (same tag to be used repeatedly if more than one episode)
            3. Have a cool (alternatively highly eccentric) presenter doing 'to camera' shots at least once a minute
            4. Have the same ditto doing a cut-away or walk-off after each sentence
            5. Ditto ditto driving (or on a train/plane) to Blue-Peterise the fact he/sha has gone somewhere else.
            6. Don't go too deeply into the subject for the stupid audience
            7. Re-iterate everything at the end.
            8. Have your presenter dressed in the same clothes at all times in case the stupid audience doesn't recognise him/her.
            You missed out:
            9. Tell the stupid audience the same thing several times over but in a slightly different way so they don't notice.
            10. Remember that you have to fill an hour's programme slot with half an hour's worth of material!

Comment

• ardcarp
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

OK OK. I'll grant that maybe when Dimbleby's in Tobruk it's a good idea for him to wear the same clothes for however long it takes. But in the USA? Or do they fly him backwards and forwards across the Atlantic just to make sure they have all the right shots?

Bored now.

Comment

Working...
              X