Is Obama a Misogynist ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard Barrett

You boys should take a cold shower maybe.

Comment

• Mr Pee
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
      You boys should take a cold shower maybe.
      Together?
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
        Well I can only imagine that the 'critics' 'writers' and 'bloggers' who thought there something wrong with Obama's harmless remarks were either 'extreme feminists' and/or 'politically-correct fellow-travellers'. What else can they possibly be, ff?
        Republicans?
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
          Yes, but Obama is in the wrong, she's a moose.

I like mooses.
          Don't knock it til you've tried it.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Well I can only imagine that the 'critics' 'writers' and 'bloggers' who thought there something wrong with Obama's harmless remarks were either 'extreme feminists' and/or 'politically-correct fellow-travellers'. What else can they possibly be, ff?
            Well, that would probably pigeonhole me

As fhg suggested - anyone who wanted to embarrass Obama, really.

I wonder whether it would be better to speak of 'morally correct' rather than 'politically correct' because however bonkers some examples may be, deep down the wish to promote equality and respect for everyone according to their desserts is a moral stance rather than a political one.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Flosshilde
              • Nov 2010

But criticism of it is definitely political - perhaps we should talk about political in-correctness?

Comment

• Mr Pee
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                But criticism of it is definitely political - perhaps we should talk about political in-correctness?
                Or political paranoia- seeing inequality and discrimination where there is none?
                Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• scottycelt

The apology demand from Whoever & Whatever seems to have been met ...

Hardly surprisingly, Ms Harris is reported to have been not particularly offended by the President's outrageous remarks. The critical phrase in the NY Times article is .. 'While Ms. Harris did not seem offended, others were on her behalf.' Exactly. That is the whole point. I'm sure Ms Harris is perfectly capable of deciding on such matters for herself.

However, I have to say that being called 'the best-looking attorney general in the country' might not be quite the huge compliment that had been assumed at first by others, including myself.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

The apology demand from Whoever & Whatever seems to have been met ...
                    That was in the story you linked to in Msg #1. As with Ms Harris, at that stage it was 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'.
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

I like mooses.
                      Don't knock it til you've tried it.
                      I'm still reasonably handsome, so I've no need. Come the time, I'll let you know.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                        I'm still reasonably handsome, so I've no need. Come the time, I'll let you know.
                        Pee and I popped out last night and I must say, he did rather capture a rather spirited young filly, so maybe there's hope for you ER.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                          • Nov 2010

A night at the races, was it?

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                            A night at the races, was it?
                            No, but it was certainly a rather racy night though

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                              That was in the story you linked to in Msg #1. As with Ms Harris, at that stage it was 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'.
                              Yes it was, but who actually asked for the apology? It doesn't appear to have been Ms Harris.

Maybe it was more a case of Ms Harris 'not giving a damn' so why the president felt the need to apologise to her is strange, unless he felt compelled to do so because others were "offended" on her behalf, as the NY Times article points out.

Absurd.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                                Gone fishin'
                                • Sep 2011

Perhaps not offended "on her behalf" but just offended (that The President of the United States of America shoild use such an expression on such an occasion)?

Or just political opponents making mischief?

Or Obama himself thinking that the remark was inappropriate?
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X